RemedySpot.com

RE: Re:Re: OT- intramuscular shot

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jodi I give myself an intramuscular shot of B12 every month in the upper thigh as it's easier to reach. When my doctor's nurse gives me a B12 shot I get it in the upper arm. But the other site for intramuscular injections is the buttocks, and is preferred in many instances. I have learned to give myself the B12 shot in the evening so my leg muscles above and below the injection site don't hurt or misbehave (weak, cramp easily), which they will do for about 4 hours after a shot. But by morning my leg is back to as normal as it gets these days. Enough of the B12 has been absorbed and no longer impacts the muscles/nerves. I would guess that your hip pain is from something else, but definitely ask your doctor. The fact that you're noticing loss of motor control in your feet is an important clue.... Might just be a coincidence that this problem started after your B12 shots. I have had to learn a lot about muscles and nerves in the legs and feet and back, as I'm experiencing a steady deterioration in this area. I'll spare you the details, but I've learned more than I care to know about all of the nerve bundles coming down from our lower back to various places on the legs -- not to mention all the muscles. In my case, my neurological deterioration has been labeled idiopathic because I don't have any of the "known" causes. My upper GI dysfunctions was only the first neurological weakness to appear, not the last.... Hope your doctor has some answers for you. Kim,Have you been checked for Lyme disease yet by a Lyme literate MD?The lack of "known" causes is a bit like a red flag of possibility after thescary things I've been reading about Lyme. Mara

I inject glutathione into the "love handle" or fat above my navel. That's the easiest for me.

Louise

-----Original Message-----From: BTVC-SCD [mailto:BTVC-SCD ]On Behalf Of kkmumbowerSent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 5:31 AMTo: BTVC-SCD Subject: Re:Re: OT- intramuscular shot

Jodi

I give myself an intramuscular shot of B12 every month in the upper thigh as it's easier to reach. When my doctor's nurse gives me a B12 shot I get it in the upper arm. But the other site for intramuscular injections is the buttocks, and is preferred in many instances. I have learned to give myself the B12 shot in the evening so my leg muscles above and below the injection site don't hurt or misbehave (weak, cramp easily), which they will do for about 4 hours after a shot. But by morning my leg is back to as normal as it gets these days. Enough of the B12 has been absorbed and no longer impacts the muscles/nerves.

Good luck, Jodi. I've never heard of a professional doing that,

so I'm not sure what their response might be. A friend taught

me to do it. Well, actually my doc taught me how to give myself

B-12 in my thigh, but I didn't like it and so my friend said that

she had always given herself B-12 in her " love handle " . I've never

turned back. I love it. :-) However, I'm only doing glutathione

and sometimes a homeopathic.

Louise

Louise,

My friend called me and told me that is where she injects herself too

and has spared herself of these issues. I am going to request this.

Jodi

SCD 14 months

Crohn's/Colitis