RemedySpot.com

Vitamin E and UC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have UC, and have had it for 20 years, have been on SCD for 4 years. I barely cheat, except for a few holiday things. I have had flares oddly enough this last summer and the summer before, both in late August and early September, which I am convinced are partly allergy related, although not sure what I am reacting too. But after someone posted about the study in Iran using Vitamin E to help get UC into remission, I did a test. I have added double daily doses of Vitamin E pills (400 i.u. each) and started in on the Carlson Vitamin E suppositories. I have noticed a huge difference. I am beginning to wonder if maybe most UC people are Vitamin E deficient and hence why it is helping to take Vitamin E. This vitamin has a huge anti-inflammatory property to it, and I am beginning to think it is a key to my UC.Has anyone else tried higher doses of E or the

suppositories like they used for that study in Iran where a lot of the patients went into remission and had less symptoms after a few weeks of using the vitamin E?CathleenUC 20 yearsSCD 4 yearsLialda 3.6Cathleen Kenny, MezzoVoce A Unique American Solo Vocal Act email: mezzovocekenny@...web: http://www.geocities.com/mezzovocekennytelephone: MezzoVoce--Rich, Vivid and Harmonious-A Voice of the 21st Century