RemedySpot.com

Fw: Keep milk from burning - Update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I found the article about this. It said that when scalding milk, the browned whey proteins can develop on the bottom of the pan and be difficult to remove. To discourage this, they suggested adding a thin film of water to the pan (just enough to cover the bottom) and preheating it until the water is boiling before adding the milk. These directions were more precise than mine below, although even that way worked, too.

B

----- Forwarded Message ----To: BTVC-SCD <BTVC-SCD >Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 8:42:13 PMSubject: Keep milk from burning

Since I am new to these emails, you may have already heard of this tip and I just missed it. But for those of you who haven't heard about it, it is worth knowing about.

I recently read that you can keep a pot from burning when heating up milk if you put cold water in the pot first, then pour it out and put the milk in. I tried it and was surprised to see that it is true. The time I remembered to try it, I had splurged with equal amounts of half and half in with my 2% milk. I put the cold water in, poured it out, put the pot on the burner (on high!) and poured in the milk/half and half..... and completely forgot about it (does that happen to any of you????) until it boiled over...still on high!! I figured I'd ruined the whole thing, but it didn't smell burnt, and when I poured it out to check the pot, it had NOT burned. This really works. My yogurt was one of the best, made wonderful cheesecake, and tasted great. Anyway, it's certainly worth trying to see if it works for you.

B

1 mo SCD