RemedySpot.com

CD or UC ? PLs clarify my doubts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Question

1) If the Crohn Disease is in the stomach, what does the picture look like, same as ulcer or more deeper wounds, the GI said I have GERD, can this be also CD?

He said I ahev deodenal ulcer, Can this be CD?

2) My colonoscopy biopsy says colonic mucosa chronic colitis, does it mean CD or UC ? My stool is very poor quality but no blood in stool.

I am still so confused, if it is UC or CD.

3) With CD, they say people have sharp appendicitis like pain, I dont have sharp pain

PLs clarify my doubts.

4) Unfortunately, we do not have such special blood test here in Aisa to confirm CD.

5) I cancelled my colonoscopy next week, because I think it would be too early for the second one, the first one was done 3 months back, Pls inform me how frequently colonoscopy and biopsies should be done.

Sandhya

Subject: Re: Pls answerTo: BTVC-SCD Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 10:24 AM

Hi, I was first diagnosed with Crohn's Colitis via endoscopy andcolonoscopy. They did biopsies and the doctor said skipped diseasedpatches on my colon. There was a lot of information I didn't take inat the time so I can't remember what all the report said. They gaveme pictures with every scope too. GERD, ulcers, etc. I also tookNexium to start. They switched me to Protonix when it came out whichworked so much better for me. After several tries at other drugs, Iwas put on Pentasa because it covers the stomach on down.I went to a different GI doc that my PCP requested. He did aPrometheus blood test first to determine if it was Crohn's or UC.Came back positive for Crohn's. Ruled out UC (maybe Celiac but I'mnot really sure anymore).I had another endoscopy because my stomach was just killing me all thetime. Didn't matter what food, medicine, anything. I finally got thedoctor to do

'something' which was an endoscopy. That came back withacute crohn's in the stomach. Prednisone knocked these out everytime. So I stayed up and down on Prednisone until SCD.So some you can have Crohn's Colitis. I've been told it's either oneor the other. Crohn's can be from mouth to anus. UC is only thecolon. www.ccfa.org is a foundation for CD and UC--the main, largestinformation source for each disease and how it's diagnosed.Good luck, I hope you get more information. Usually (I'm in Texas,USA and I'm not sure where you are) CCFA.org sent me a big envelopewith all kinds of information when I first got ill/diagnosed.Otherwise, I was googling everything since I was totally unfamiliarwith it. Your doctor may be able to get that type of information toyou or contact CCFA to see if they will send you information.Everything you described seems to get better when the cd gets betterso it's not

like multiple diseases. It is auto-immune from what I'vebeen told. I think there are antibiotics for the H. Plori (sp?).Talk to your doc and get some answers. Hopefully they have patienceto answer you. If not, email ccfa for information.Debbie 39 cd dx'd 3/2002scd originally 12/05