RemedySpot.com

Re: chronic nausea -- was Celiac Disease and Inflamation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lorraine

There isn't a whole lot to be done with nausea, but it is very reassuring to have gone through all the possible tests of both the digestive and nervous system to ensure nothing else is going on. Sometimes it also takes years for our conditions to develop enough that a test will identify or a doctor will finally consider the uncommon possible problems. We feel symptoms a lot sooner than the current standard tests will identify. If you've only had an endoscopy, then you should ask for more tests. There are several others that focus on the upper GI.

In my case, I've had to accept that my digestive dysfunction was only the first thing to show up, as my nervous system is deteriorating slowly, so I continue to develop yet another condition.

Nausea is one of the chronic symptoms, and a number of things will trigger it. I'm OK with it as long as I can keep it minimal and keep functioning, particularly at work. My food choices have a lot to do with how bad the nausea is -- I don't eat more than half of the SCD-legal foods as a result.

You might just need to do trials of the foods you are eating. But I'd also ask questions of my doctors, seek other opinions. I had to go to three gastroenterologists before I found my current one; had to go to two neurologists before I found my current one; have yet to find a decent endocrinologist. Takes a lot of energy and strength to navigate the medical community.

Kim M.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have only had the test where they put the camera down your throat, I forget what that is called but it came back normal. Thank you for your response, it makes me realize there are other things I should motivate my doctor to check or find another doctor, I have been there about 8 times in the last two months and they just keep giving me pills for nausea instead of trying to find the problem, time to move on I guess. Thanks again, have a great Christmas!Lorraine