RemedySpot.com

Re: Sue in Mobile--

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SueG,

I am on total disability and 55 years old. I have Medicare and BCBS.

My muscle biopsy said inflammatory myositis consistent with PM, but I am extremely photosensitive and have classic skin reactions with DM, so the Dermatologist says it is DM. I also have Behcet's Disease. BD is a very rare autoimmune vascular disease and it is in an advanced state. I have involvement in my heart, lungs, eyes, etc. I have had pneumonia all summer. The muscles in my chest are getting too weak to support breathing deeply. The neurologist and rheumatologist conferred and decided to try IVIg instead of plasmaphoresis this time. In the past, when I have flared this long I have had plasma exchange.

I encourage you to follow-up with the Medicare. Have your doctor appeal. My experience has been that the appeals, accompanied by letter from the doctor usually work. I'm really counting on my appeal for Remicade treatments to come through. My doctors office submitted that appeal recently and I've been waiting for a response.

Good luck to you.

Sue, in Mobile