RemedySpot.com

Rheumax, Aloe Vera, Probiotics and Article on Polymyositis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI all, first let me say that I feel there has to be some give and take on this board, and there is room for varying opinions..different supplements and approaches will benefit some of us, or not..I have received tremendous amounts of information and have learned much since my year of dx..I routinely spend up to 4 hours a day reading and researching and then sometimes using myself as a guinea pig..as I am doing at present with the OPC's. Will post about that when I have some idea if it is working.I have also met some wonderful new friends, but I digress..

I am back on the Bromelain after over a month, I believe, off..and am less stiff in the afternoons and evenings..I don't know if I lucked out on a brand that worked for me or even if it could be placebo effect, but I put it out there for reference..after a week back on, I feel the difference..my Rheumy had wanted me to start plaquenil months ago and I refused, did not like the eye problems associated with it, as I already have repeated attacks of epi-scleritis. I have not tried the Rheumax as I have not had the time to look up the individual ingredients and research them carefully..I have severe allergies and have to research everything very specifically.

I received the March issue today of Natural Health and on page 49 is a gentleman who has recovered from polymyositis, I should say for the most part, recovered..the article also lists several alternative providers..he did not mention AP in his story, I believe it was entirely homeopathic, however, I am encouraged as DR S told me he treats all autoimmune diseases the same, and we are constantly researching and discussing the pros and cons of supplements, herbals, etc..also, good article on probiotics...

Re the Aloe Vera juice, I love the Coats International brand that Ethel recommends, seemed to help me, and tastes wonderful I just cannot spend $60 a month on 4 bottles..I am sure you all can sympathize with that..so I will try another less expensive brand from the health food store and possibly try the capsules suggested at Rite Aid.

I cannot remember if I already posted, brain fog, so much going on, but I wanted to post about my conversation with DR F..I found out I was not taking the Metagenics Ultra Flora Plus, DF correctly, I was taking one a day, an hr after lunch..with all my other stuff..he said to take 4 capsules every evening 2 hours after my antibiotic..I am never one to jump up that much as I can have bad reactions so I upped it to 2 every evening and am working my way up.. Also, re the colitis that can be associated with taking clindamyacin, I believe it is known as C. difficile and can be deadly..when I was considering the Iv's, this was pointed out to me by a very knowledgeable person, she had me read the PDR..so Clindamyacin is not something to mess with..however, I now take it per my Rheumy in NJ, DR W, 300 mg, 4x a day for 10 days, every 8 weeks..my research led to to a beneficial probiotic Saccharomyces boulardii, or S. boulardii. This is been studied extensively especially with the C Difficile colitis that AIDS patients develop. I believe there were several posts regarding this type of probiotic recently, Chris? I found it and the bottle lists sdale Scientific, Allergy Research Group with a website of www.nutricology.com. The company is in Hayward, CA..I ordered mine from a supplier that DR G in Indiana uses..he believes in the AP and has all his patients take this prior and during IV Clindamyacin..

Sorry, all for tossing so much out there, but I try to give back what I have been given..take care, DEBB