Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi I'm new to this group. I had LAP RNY 4-18-02 and have lost 120

lbs so far and have 80 lbs to go. I am 33 years old and hubby is 35

and we are trying to get pregnant. Any advice for us? My blood work

looks good and my ob-gyn said that as long as my blood work was good

I shouldn't have any problems with supporting a baby. I use a ob-gyn

that has delt with many gastric bypass patients and seems to be very

up to date on his information. Thanks for the information!

Calvin & '

• 8 years later...

Kerri,

I don't know about diet, but all four of my children are on the spectrum. My 15

yo has aspergers but the younger 3 have severe autism! I nursed the first three.

Thought I may have had hg in my breast milk so I didn't nurse my 4th child. She

still has autism. I fully vaccinated the first two. My second son was perfect

until the MMR. We didn't vaccinate the last two but they still have autism! I

believe candida, viral infections, & strep are Huge culprits!!!

I'm not writing to scare you!!! Every time I got pregnant, I prayed that God

would spare my baby from autism! Although they all have it, we have seen awesome

healing in all of them!!! I truly would not trade one if them!!!! They are all

blessings!!!! I pray God's blessings on your family.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own

understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Virginia Blevins

I meant " tandem " nursing. Nursing one (older) and nursing your newborn. I

could have nursed Maddie while prego with Sam but I chose not to, I was

concerned about my health status, which is why I didn't. (I wish I had educated

myself more on the subject..)

laura

> > >

> > > Hi Everyone!

> > >

> > > I just found out I am pregnant and need a little advice. I have a 5 yr old

with

> > >

> > > PDD and am wondering if I should go on the gf/cf diet. I believe my son to

be

> > > vaccine damaged, so would going on the diet be necessary? Is there anyone

out

> > > there that did not do the diet and had a neuro-typical child after having

a

> > > child on the spectrum? I will definitely not be vaccinating and will nurse

this

> > >

> > > child for a year. Two things I wish I did with my son. I'm just not sure

how I

> >

> > > feel about limiting foods in my diet. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

> > >

> > > Kerri

> > >

> >

>

Ohhhhhh! Salads and cranberries sound s like a great idea. Constipation can be an issue for me. I will try your suggestions and push those fluids!!!! Thanks !

Kerri

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Fri, February 4, 2011 12:58:24 PMSubject: Re: pregnancy

Yeah, some women pregnancy just doesn't agree with...I always have a little empathy because it's supposed to be this 'wonderful' time -- and when your sick, there isn't anything wonderful about it (it's more like -- can I just have the baby? Can TIME please go faster?) 9 months seems like an eternity! ugh. Feel for you. Cranberries don't allow 'bacteria' to stick to the walls -- makes the urinary tract and bladder walls 'slippery' and not a good place to hang out. I purchased knudson's unsweet cranberry juice, and added a tblsp to each 8 oz glass of water. This tends to be really tart for some women, so you can add stevia. (I'm pretty hard core - I started juicing my own cranberries :) A lot of women tend to get UT's during pregnancy -- then comes the antibiotics...so to avoid it, that is what I did. It worked really well with Maddie and Sam (with Jimmy I had a UTI, and I took antibiotics...ugh) - Cranberry juice also keeps away water

retention...The salad - I ate romaine, red onions (chopped small), cucumbers, shredded carrots (sometimes with raisins or dried cranberries) with fresh lemon squeezed all over, olive oil, and italian spices (like Red Monkey italian spices) -- it keeps everything 'moving' -- the roughage from the salad, olive oil, and lemon -- keep the constipation away -- and keeps it all moving out. Lemon is great for that. According to several "diet" books (or nutrition books) -- it's advisable to take the juice of 1/2 lemon with warm water upon rising to get rid of mucus buildup overnight. I did that too. I never got edema, I felt great. When I got headaches, I felt I needed more water. It was VERY rare when I got a headache, and I think I took a child's dose of ibuprofen once...and it didn't work, so I did my best to stay hydrated and keep caffeine to a min. There is a great book: You're not sick, your thirsty. -- If you have time

(it's a quick read) -- it's interesting. http://www.amazon.com/Water-Health-Healing-Youre-Thirsty/dp/0446690740/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8 & s=books & qid=1296842134 & sr=8-1:)laura--- In mb12 valtrex , Kerri Long wrote:>> > > I wish I loved being pregnant. I'm only 5 weeks along. No one knows I'm pregnant > except my hubby (of course). I'm already nausious with a headache.> > What is Tatem Nursing? Also, can I ask you about the significant of the salad > and of the cranberry juice. Nutritional tips are always useful. We eat organic > and I'm trying to eat lots of fruits and veggies. The hardest part for me it the > dairy. Especially cheese and yogurt. > >

Kerri> > > > > ________________________________> > To: mb12 valtrex > Sent: Thu, February 3, 2011 4:29:34 PM> Subject: Re: pregnancy> > Â > Kerry - Congrats! I loved being pregnant. > > I had Jimmy and didn't worry about anything, and I should have. While I give > myself kudo's for not vaccinating myself during pregnancy - there was a lot I > wish I had done. > > > With Maddie, I did better. (not great, but better) -- Maddie just had (notice I > said 'had') severe allergies, but very typical. I nursed her until she was 17 > months - had I understood tandem nursing, I probably would have gone until she >

was 2. Maddie's severe allergies seemed to have cleared up. > > > There were some things I now see that I didn't see before that led me to doing > it even better - with Sam. Sam is the golden child, un vaccinated, very very > typical, sleeps thru the night, gains weight, happy and healthy so far. Since he > is my third and last, I will probably nurse until he's 2 (or more). > > > With Sam, > > I ate gf/cf throughout my pregnancy and nursing. (and organic!)> Cheating only on 'dates' with my husband. (I might even try to eat low ox (or > Med ox) too now, if I was pregnant again..)> > I ate a salad daily with lemon/olive oil/spices. > > Drank 6-8 waters with 1 tablspoon of unsweet cranberry juice (Knudson's) daily > to ward off any urinary tract infections.> > I juiced with my kids. (Lots of healthy vitamins and

minerals) a few times a > week. (Now I would do it daily!) and I would have juiced more veggies instead of > fruits.> > Took my B12 and CLO in addition to my prenatal vitamins (New Chapter Organic > Prenatal Vitamins) --Took Probiotics> > Got out and exercised with the kids daily - the air and light exercise was > great. > > > Went to bed earlier. :)> > I had changed all the chemicals in my house to less offensive ones.> > Tried to keep my stress levels down (very difficult because it was in the middle > of trying to recover Jimmy and working on Rob's multiple issues)> > Only went to the Dr's office if I had to (to keep away from germs) -- even with > the kids. I took a very proactive route to keeping myself healthy. (and working > on the kids too)> > It truly was a 'perfect' pregnancy for me. It was

an easy delivery, and easy > recovery (except the hospital food)...nursing for the first time ever has been > wonderful. Jimmy and I made it 'barely' 4 months...it was hell. Maddie and I > didn't do so well either until her 10th month when I went gf/cf. Sam and I - > ah!- perfect from the beginning and still going strong. (and I am a producer! > for the first time..)> > Congratulations! > > Thanks to this board and it's wonderful information, I found that I did have > medical issues and I wasn't a crap mother because my first two were hell. :) > > > :)laura> > > >> > Hi Everyone!> > > > I just found out I am

pregnant and need a little advice. I have a 5 yr old with > >> > PDD and am wondering if I should go on the gf/cf diet. I believe my son to be > > vaccine damaged, so would going on the diet be necessary? Is there anyone out > > there that did not do the diet and had a neuro-typical child after having a > > child on the spectrum? I will definitely not be vaccinating and will nurse this > >> > child for a year. Two things I wish I did with my son. I'm just not sure how I > > > feel about limiting foods in my diet. Feedback is greatly appreciated!> > > > Kerri> >>

If Constipation is an issue -- juicing might be for you..with Jimmy and Maddie I

juiced regularly (pineapple, ginger, lemon (or lime), kale, apples-- and others)

-- the digestive enzymes in these foods alone, help with the digestion of

proteins and carbs..and the vitamins and minerals are wonderful for your little

bundle...

I have to stop thinking I want another one... lol!

> > >

> > > Hi Everyone!

> > >

> > > I just found out I am pregnant and need a little advice. I have a 5 yr old

> >with

> >

> > >

> > > PDD and am wondering if I should go on the gf/cf diet. I believe my son to

be

> >

out

> >

> > > there that did not do the diet and had a neuro-typical child

after having a

>

> > > child on the spectrum? I will definitely not be vaccinating and will nurse

> >this

> >

> > >

how

> >I

> >

> >

> > >

> > > Kerri

> > >

> >

>

If Constipation is an issue -- juicing might be for you..with Jimmy and Maddie I

juiced regularly (pineapple, ginger, lemon (or lime), kale, apples-- and others)

bundle...

> > >

> > > Hi Everyone!

> > >

> >with

> >

> > >

be

> >

out

> >

after having a

>

> >this

> >

> > >

how

> >I

> >

> >

> > >

> > > Kerri

> > >

> >

>

bundle...

> > >

> > > Hi Everyone!

> > >

> >with

> >

> > >

be

> >

out

> >

after having a

>

> >this

> >

> > >

how

> >I

> >

> >

> > >

> > > Kerri

> > >

> >

>

All dairy. The idea is to avoid inflammatory foods that are known to activate

the immune system.

I want to add that I had hyperemesis gravidarum while pregnant with my son and I

was seeing a GYN that believed that was a symptom of a bacterial infection. He

put me on IV clindamycin and I stopped vomiting and feeling nauseous within the

5 minutes and I was fine for the rest of the pregnancy. I believe it was from

strep.

Caryn

> >

> > Hi Everyone!

> >

> > I just found out I am pregnant and need a little advice. I have a 5 yr old

with

> >

> > PDD and am wondering if I should go on the gf/cf diet. I believe my son to

be

> > vaccine damaged, so would going on the diet be necessary? Is there anyone

out

> > there that did not do the diet and had a neuro-typical child after having a

> > child on the spectrum? I will definitely not be vaccinating and will nurse

this

> >

> > child for a year. Two things I wish I did with my son. I'm just not sure how

I

>

> > feel about limiting foods in my diet. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

> >

> > Kerri

> >

>

All dairy. The idea is to avoid inflammatory foods that are known to activate

the immune system.

I want to add that I had hyperemesis gravidarum while pregnant with my son and I

was seeing a GYN that believed that was a symptom of a bacterial infection. He

put me on IV clindamycin and I stopped vomiting and feeling nauseous within the

5 minutes and I was fine for the rest of the pregnancy. I believe it was from

strep.

Caryn

> >

> > Hi Everyone!

> >

> > I just found out I am pregnant and need a little advice. I have a 5 yr old

with

> >

> > PDD and am wondering if I should go on the gf/cf diet. I believe my son to

be

> > vaccine damaged, so would going on the diet be necessary? Is there anyone

out

> > there that did not do the diet and had a neuro-typical child after having a

> > child on the spectrum? I will definitely not be vaccinating and will nurse

this

> >

> > child for a year. Two things I wish I did with my son. I'm just not sure how

I

>

> > feel about limiting foods in my diet. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

> >

> > Kerri

> >

>