RemedySpot.com

Throwing food away (was: A First)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It IS ok to throw food away. I explained that to my THREE-yr-old granddaughter the other day. There was some pizza left on someone's plate and she said, "That's just going to be wasted." I told her, "It doesn't matter whether it gets eaten or thrown out, it's still gone either way." The weight police are after her already. The pediatrician said her BMI is high (no one guessed till they ran the numbers, she looks fine) and to watch her food intake. . GACCKKKK!!!! She's THREE and on food surveillance, and worried about wasting uneaten food. THREE. Ellie To: IntuitiveEating_Support Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 10:21 AM Subject: Re: A First

Thanks for reminding me that it is ok to throw food away. Good for you! Sandy

I did not need all the measured amount of breakfast I had served myself (measured so that I might learn what it feels like to be satsfed). It was food that I could not save to eat later. I began to feel satisfied before I'd eaten it all, so I left the rest to throw away. I have never thrown away food that is on my plate in my life.

Writing this down, it sounds so inconsequential, like "So?" or "Big deal!" but having lived inside my skin for all these years with compulsive overeating, it feels like a huge step.