RemedySpot.com

Re:What If Every Child Had A Laptop?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Liane;

I saw this amazing story on 60 minutes, and the laptops are satellite driven, solar powered, so no electricity or batteries needed, drop proof, waterproof...I WANT ONE!!! This is really a lifechanger because kids in Africa or anyplace that doesn't have electricity can still have a computer to learn with. Wonderful invention, wonderful project, I hope the creator of the program gets a Nobel prize. One story that really touched me is that in the Muslim world, and in Africa, girls are not allowed to leave their house during their monthly cycle, so they fall so far behind in school, that most drop out. With this computer, they can continue their work, in touch with the teacher from home.

Happy New Year all, I hope its your best year yet!Sheila

What If Every Child Had A Laptop?

Posted by: "Liane Legey" butterflygris@...

Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:13 pm (PST)

This is an amazing experiment and I think this really can change the faceof the Children of the World.I hope you enjoy as much as I did...namasteLianeAs we head into 2008, with so much apparent turmoil, it's reassuring toread about altruistic projects which are creating the new future now.http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/05/20/60minutes/main2830058.shtml

I want one too! Absolutely amazing story. Thanks for sharing this Liane,Stef>> Liane;> I saw this amazing story on 60 minutes, and the laptops are satellite driven, solar powered, so no electricity or batteries needed, drop proof, waterproof...I WANT ONE!!! This is really a lifechanger because kids in Africa or anyplace that doesn't have electricity can still have a computer to learn with. Wonderful invention, wonderful project, I hope the creator of the program gets a Nobel prize. One story that really touched me is that in the Muslim world, and in Africa, girls are not allowed to leave their house during their monthly cycle, so they fall so far behind in school, that most drop out. With this computer, they can continue their work, in touch with the teacher from home. > Happy New Year all, I hope its your best year yet!> Sheila> > What If Every Child Had A Laptop? > Posted by: "Liane Legey" butterflygris@... > Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:13 pm (PST) > This is an amazing experiment and I think this really can change the face> of the Children of the World.> I hope you enjoy as much as I did...> namaste> Liane> > As we head into 2008, with so much apparent turmoil, it's reassuring to> read about altruistic projects which are creating the new future now.> > http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/05/20/60minutes/main2830058.shtml>