RemedySpot.com

Make a Personal Commitment to Peace

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Make a Personal Commitment to Peace,/h1.Humanity Healing is sponsoring a Petition on Care2 calling for individuals to make a Personal Commitment to Peace.WE BELIEVE that if we join together,PEACE WILL PREVAILPlease join with us in sending out a message of Hope from the Heart! Petition LetterUnited Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, Peace building Commission Chairman Yukio Takaso and Peace building Commission Members,We the undersigned believe that governments make treaties, but individuals make Peace. We come from different nations, different races, different faiths and different socio-economic backgrounds; but we recognize that we are all connected by our shared Humanity. We see our differences as superficial and our similarities as manifest. Permanent Peace can only be achieved when we start from our common ground and expand out, not from a position of our differences and work inward.Every action can spread like a ripple to have far-reaching consequences. This petition is a pebble in a pond. We have each made a personal commitment to Peace. WE BELIEVE that together, Peace will prevail. I Believe Petition Text I BELIEVE that each individual has the power to change the worldI BELIEVE that every Action we take can ripple out farther than we realizeI BELIEVE that ordinary people can do extraordinary thingsI BELIEVE that Compassion is stronger than hatredI BELIEVE that Knowledge is stronger than ignoranceI BELIEVE that Understanding is stronger than fearI BELIEVE that it is possible to see through another's eyes if you tryI BELIEVE that each of us is connected by our shared HumanityI BELIEVE that our similarities are more important than our differencesI BELIEVE that all individuals have a right to dignity and respectI BELIEVE that you should do unto others as you would like others to do unto youI BELIEVE that Hope is stronger than despairI BELIEVE that every Random Act of Kindness makes this world a better placeI BELIEVE that while governments make treaties, individuals make PeaceI BELIEVE that it is possible to change the Path you are travelingI BELIEVE that each individual must make a conscious decision to choose PeaceI BELIEVE that you have to lead by exampleI BELIEVE that Peace Will PrevailI BELIEVE that together, we can Heal the Heart of Humanity The Goal is to have in excess of 100,000 signatures to deliver to the United Nations. Click here to sign the Petition: I BELIEVE Peace Will Prevail Petitionor cut and paste into your browser:http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/I-BELIEVE-Peace-Will-Prevail The I BELIEVE Peace Will Prevail Petition will close on United Nations' Day24 October 2008 The results will be announced at the Global Peace Concert down in Miami, Florida. Global Peace Concert The Humanity Healing Family will also be walking together and collecting signatures at the Peace March on 11 May 2008 in Washington, DC. Please let us know if you would like to participate with us! PeacePlanetLove-PeaceMarch-May11-SpreadTheWord!! Make a Personal Commitment to PeaceSign the Petitionand Please spread this message to all your friends: I BELIEVE Peace Will Prevail Much Metta,Humanity Healing HH Links:Humanity Healing Network WebsiteThe Voice of Humanity Healing BlogHumanity Healing on ZaadzHumanity Healing Pod on ZaadzCare2 Humanity Healing GroupHumanity Healing Personal Site Care2YouTube Humanity Healing Group Humanity HealingHumanity Healing MySpaceHumanity Healing Foundation on Ning