RemedySpot.com

Re: H. - Re: no soy products

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Cherie,

I copied this information from a post on the BCB boards. I thought it might help answer your questions.

June 27, 2002NUTRITION NEWS FOCUS"Nutrition news is important. We help you understand it!"Today's Topic: A Lesson on Environmental ObservationsIt has been suggested in many scientific publications that eating soyfoods reduces the risk of several types of cancer. A review of 14published papers examined the association between fermented and nonfermented soyfood intake and the risk of stomach cancer. Eating fermented soyfoods significantly increased risk while eatingnonfermented soyfoods significantly decreased the risk of stomach cancer.However, further analyses found that consumption of fermented soyfoods was associated with high sodium intake, and eating nonfermented soyfoods was correlated with eating fruits and vegetables. Sodium has been found in many human and animal studies to increase development of stomach cancer, while high fruit and vegetable intake is statistically predictive of low stomach cancer rates. This paper appeared in the October 2000 issue of Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention.< http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/cgi/content/full/9/10/1051 >HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Virtually all dietary habits correlate with other health habits. This makes it especially difficult to separate independent effects of single foods unless people are in an intervention study where they are told to either eat or not eat a specific food. This review concluded that the role of soyfoods in stomach cancer cannot be determined with confidence.This holds for almost all the other health claims for specific foods.(This story originally appeared in Nutrition News Focus on November 28, 2000.)********************************************************************Please recommend Nutrition News Focus to your family and friends.If you like, point your browser tohttp://www.nutritionnewsfocus.com/cgi-bin/birdcast.cgiwhere you'll find an easy recommendation form.Fermented soy foods include:tempehsoy sauce (some are)andTamarimisosoy pasteUnfermented soy foods include:tofusoy milksoybeanssoy floursoybean oilsoy cheesesoy nutsTVPsoy concentrate isolated soy proteinssoy burgersfoods made with soyHope this helps!

Maureen

H. - Re: no soy products

Hi, :)That's a curious note - - would you know what adverse effects soy may have on Kathy? (I wonder if, because soy products slow down the metabolism, they may interfere with the absorption of Kathy's medication....?)Love,Cherie

Guest guest

Hi Cherie,

For some reason I had a feeling that it had to due with the growth of " abnormal "

cells. I will try to find out and let you know.

Prior to that time she drank soy milk all the time

Soy products a no no for some

Hi Cherie,

My friend Kathy has cancer and her oncologist told her not to use any soy

products.

Guest guest

Hi Cherie,

For some reason I had a feeling that it had to due with the growth of " abnormal "

Hi Cherie,

products.

Guest guest

Hi Cherie,

Hi Cherie,

products.