RemedySpot.com

I Hope You Dance

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi gang --

Saw the postings about the "I Hope You Dance" song and was thrilled to discover that you all love that song too! The first time I ever heard it, I was in the car garage "sale"ing (sp?) with my little girl -- I searched everywhere until I finally found out who did the song -- the lyrics are so powerful. Thanks for reminding me of it -- what a great way to approach the concept of life with an ICD -- choose to dance! Thanks to all of you for the great reminders to appreciate all the little things in life and to not be afraid to take risks! (I needed to hear this right now, too -- I've let myself get way too apprehensive about the upcoming open heart surgery -- so this was a great reminder!) I'm proud to know all of you on this list!

ita in Ohio

PS - reminds me a lot of the Andre Gide quote about having to be willing to lose sight of the shore in order to discover new horizons.

Re: My appointment today

Gail.....> The song is by Lee Ann Womak (hope I spelled it right)>> You spelled good. Here are the lyrics:> Sue>>> LEE ANN WOMACK LYRICS>> "I Hope You Dance">> I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,> You get your fill to eat but always keep that> hunger,> May you never take one single breath for> granted,> GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,>> I hope you still feel small when you stand beside> the ocean,> Whenever one door closes I hope one more> opens,> Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting> chance,> And when you get the choice to sit it out or> dance.>> I hope you dance....I hope you dance.>> I hope you never fear those mountains in the> distance,> Never settle for the path of least> resistance> Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're> worth takin',> Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth> makin',> Don't let some hell bent heart leave you> bitter,> When you come close to sellin' out> reconsider,> Give the heavens above more than just a passing> glance,> And when you get the choice to sit it out or> dance.>> I hope you dance....I hope you dance.> I hope you dance....I hope you dance.> (Time is a wheel in constant motion always> rolling us along,> Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder> where those years have gone.)>> I hope you still feel small when you stand beside> the ocean,> Whenever one door closes I hope one more> opens,> Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting> chance,> And when you get the choice to sit it out or> dance.>> Dance....I hope you dance.> I hope you dance....I hope you dance.> I hope you dance....I hope you dance..> (Time is a wheel in constant motion always> rolling us along> Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder> where those years have gone)>>--"She was not quite what you would call refined.She was not quite what you would call unrefined.She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."-- Mark TwainRich and Sue Owenshttp://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Meadows/7457/index3.htmlhttp://www.nothnbut.net/~reo77/aurora.htmlPlease visit the Zapper homepage athttp://www.ZapLife.org

Guest guest

Dear and ita and All, I went to visit m shrink the other day. We

are both still trying to find out where I left my brain but then it was so

small I think I must have lost it years ago and it is buried under piles and

years of debris

I told my shrink that I had made a valuable discover about life. Life is

very much like road construction and repair. Just when you think that you

begin to know the way to something, the road is detoured or closed or you run

into those orange barrels. I believe those highway workers that stand around

supported by their shovels and, etc., are like the people who pop up in our

life. You know the ones that stand around tell us a lot but accomplishing

little.

As I was leaving his office my shrinks wife (we have become great friends)

gave me a small slip of paper which she had made a copy of. It was a quote

from Maya Angelous. " Life is much more important than you could imagine it

is your first treasure. " The other quote I love by her is " Life is much like

a buffet, there is a vast assortment, some better than others.

To me it sounds like I am the oldest woman in this group. My road has been

long, full and hard, but the other day for the first time in a long time. The

sun was shinning and it was a plain nice peaceful day. My granddaughter

Jessie and I had ventured out to the back yard to smell the lilacs. I picked

one and tickled her with it she did one of those big baby laughs that only

4month olds can do. That evening as the sun was going down (which is always

a sad time for me) I looked out at the flowers and heard Jessie's laugh

ringing in my ears I found myself smiling and think yeah today was a

beautiful day.

Love and Prayers

Sharon

Guest guest

>

>

> To me it sounds like I am the oldest woman in this group. My road

has been

> long, full and hard, but the other day for the first time in a long

time. The

> sun was shinning and it was a plain nice peaceful day. My

granddaughter

> Jessie and I had ventured out to the back yard to smell the

lilacs. I picked

> one and tickled her with it she did one of those big baby laughs

that only

> 4month olds can do. That evening as the sun was going down (which

is always

> a sad time for me) I looked out at the flowers and heard Jessie's

laugh

> ringing in my ears I found myself smiling and think yeah today was

a

> beautiful day.

>

> Love and Prayers

> Sharon

Sharon... don't go jumping to any conclusions about being the oldest

here ... you state your g'daughter's 4 months... mine's 13 years

(OUCH!!!) and my g'son just turned 10 yrs old... guess that makes me

56 :X ... anyway... loved your 'note... hope you have many of those

beautiful days :)

JES :) in NJ

God Bless America

A wish is an opportunity to change tomorrow.

Guest guest

Boy you have young grand children. My oldest is 25 and the youngest (of 15 think) is 10 months. They grow so fast.

Dave

Sharon... don't go jumping to any conclusions about being the oldest here ... you state your g'daughter's 4 months... mine's 13 years (OUCH!!!) and my g'son just turned 10 yrs old... guess that makes me 56 :X ... anyway... loved your 'note... hope you have many of those beautiful days :)JES :) in NJGod Bless AmericaA wish is an opportunity to change tomorrow.Please visit the Zapper homepage athttp://www.ZapLife.org

Guest guest

Sharon,

I like your analogy about road construction and life. I liken mine to a rollercoaster (wich by the way I am not fond of too much). I hate the ups and downs and when they do those corkscrews and upside down turns I never seem to totally recover. Would like my ride to last a little longer on the straightaways but it doesn't seem to be in my ride description. Sometimes wish I could see what's up ahead but then realize it wouldn't make it any easier to deal with.

Hang onto the moments with your grandaughter....they are precious and will help you get thru those tough days. Can't wait to be a grandma (well, since the girls are only 15 I better). Just hope that I get that chance....something to look forward to.

Happy Mothers and Grandmothers Day,

-- Re: I hope you dance

Dear and ita and All, I went to visit m shrink the other day. We are both still trying to find out where I left my brain but then it was so small I think I must have lost it years ago and it is buried under piles and years of debrisI told my shrink that I had made a valuable discover about life. Life is very much like road construction and repair. Just when you think that you begin to know the way to something, the road is detoured or closed or you run into those orange barrels. I believe those highway workers that stand around supported by their shovels and, etc., are like the people who pop up in our life. You know the ones that stand around tell us a lot but accomplishing little.As I was leaving his office my shrinks wife (we have become great friends) gave me a small slip of paper which she had made a copy of. It was a quote from Maya Angelous. "Life is much more important than you could imagine it is your first treasure." The other quote I love by her is "Life is much like a buffet, there is a vast assortment, some better than others.To me it sounds like I am the oldest woman in this group. My road has been long, full and hard, but the other day for the first time in a long time. The sun was shinning and it was a plain nice peaceful day. My granddaughter Jessie and I had ventured out to the back yard to smell the lilacs. I picked one and tickled her with it she did one of those big baby laughs that only 4month olds can do. That evening as the sun was going down (which is always a sad time for me) I looked out at the flowers and heard Jessie's laugh ringing in my ears I found myself smiling and think yeah today was a beautiful day.Love and PrayersSharonPlease visit the Zapper homepage athttp://www.ZapLife.org

Guest guest

Dear . Happy Mothers's day to you sorry its a bit late. This was a bad

weekend for me. Things here around the home front went from bad to worse and

let it get to me. Spent two nights with no sleep. My bad cause it didn't

fix a thing and crying jsut made my eyes smile. Something I thought someone

had tended to came back a bit me in the butt, I ended up having to handle it

after I was told repearted that it had been handled. Then we received a

sumons in the mail and he just looked at me and walked away. It seems that

we were going to have some remodeling done on the house and we signed an

agreement or I should say Don signed it then we were unable to seecure the

funds so I called to cancel it. The company kept giving us a hard time about

canceling but Don said that he had handle it and now they are sueing us for

breech of contract. Seems there was a 20% cancel fee which we never say i

the agreement and the sweet lady although no supplies were ordered and no

money was every exchanged and we cancelled long before work was to begin

wanted 6,800 for coming out and measuring as a cancel fee. Such is life.

Glad to know that your daughter does not have your condition. If this seems

a little rushed it is because Jessie is starting to cry and I need to go tend

to here.

Hope your Mother's day was warm and wonderful. thanks to y son-in-law and my

children mine was one I will never forget.

Love and Hugs

Sharon

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

The video to this song is precious! Lee Ann has her two ADORABLE

daughters in it. I'm not a country music fan, but this definitely is

a great song!!

Hugs!

Sandy

>

> My Friends:

>

> This song was brought to my attention tonight. Where has this song

been hidding? I think the Lyrics are great and have great meaning.

If you have never heard it......I hope you will enjoy it as much I

am. If you have, I hope the words have some meaning for you as they

do for me.

>

> As the song says..... " I hope you Dance... "

>

> Take Care and have a great tomorrow and the day after that and the

day after that.................

>

> Jan =^..^=

>

>

>

> Lee Ann Womack

> I Hope You Dance

>

> I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,

> You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,

> May you never take one single breath for granted,

> GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,

> I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,

> Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,

> Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,

> And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

>

> I hope you dance....I hope you dance.

>

> I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,

> Never settle for the path of least resistance,

> Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin',

> Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin',

> Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,

> When you come close to sellin' out reconsider,

> Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,

>

> (Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,

> Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where

those years have gone.)

>

> I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,

> Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,

> Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,

>

> Dance....I hope you dance.

> I hope you dance....I hope you dance..

> (Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,

> Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where

those years have gone.)

>

>

>

> Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we

might as well dance. =^..^=

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

• 4 years later...

Date: Jan 14, 2008 1:35 PM

Thank You & Many Blessings SkySong LoveJoyI Hope You Dance... This was written by an 83-year-old woman to her friend. *The last line says it all. *Dear Bertha,I'm reading more and dusting less. I'm sitting in the yard and admiring the view without fussing about the weeds in the garden. I'm spending more time with my family and friends and less time working.Whenever possible, life should be a pattern of experiences to savor, not to endure. I'm trying to recognize these moments now and cherish them.I'm not "saving" anything; we use our good china and crystal for every special event such as losing a pound, getting the sink unstopped, or the first Amaryllis blossom.I wear my good blazer to the market. My theory is if I look prosperous, I can shell out $28.49 for one small bag of groceries. I'm not saving my good perfume for special parties, but wearing it for clerks in the hardware store and tellers at the bank."Someday" and "one of these days" are losing their grip on my vocabulary. If it's worth seeing or hearing or doing, I want to see and hear and do it nowI'm not sure what others would've done had they known they wouldn't be here for the tomorrow that we all take for granted. I think they would have called family members and a few close friends. They might have called a few former friends to apologize and mend fences for past squabbles. I like to think they would have gone out for a Chinese dinner or for whatever their favorite food was.I'm guessing; I'll never know.It's those little things left undone that would make me angry if I knew my hours were limited. Angry because I hadn't written certain letters that I intended to write one of these days. Angry and sorry that I didn't tell my husband and parents often enough how much I truly love them. I'm trying very hard not to put off, hold back, or save anything that would add laughter and luster to our lives. And every morning when I open my eyes, tell myself that it is special.Every day, every minute, every breath truly is a gift from God.If you received this, it is because someone cares for you. If you're too busy to take the few minutes that it takes right now to forward this, would it be the first time you didn't do the little thing that would make a difference in your relationships? I can tell you it certainly won't be the last.Take a few minutes to send this to a few people you care about, just to let them know that you're thinking of them."People say true friends must always hold hands, but true friends don't need to hold hands because they know the other hand will always be there." Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.Posted by JunieReposted bySkySong

http://myspace.com/knightsintenthttp://intentionalone.com/intent4knighthttp://intentionalone.com/intent4morehttp://intentionalone.com/community