RemedySpot.com

New Year's Toasts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

New Year's ToastsIrish'Go mbeire muid beo ar an am seo arís.'May we be alive at this time next year.'Athbhliain faoi mhaise duit!'A prosperous New Year!In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship but never in want.Here's a toast to the future,A toast to the past, And a toast to our friends, far and near.May the future be pleasant;The past a bright dream;May our friends remain faithful and dear.~ AnonymousCheers to you, Cheers to me, Have a Happy New Year's Eve!New Year's QuotesFor last year's words belong to last year's language And next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.~ T.S. EliotNew Year's Day is every man's birthday.Resolve to make at least one person happy every day, and then in ten years you may have made three thousand, six hundred and fifty personshappy, or brightened a small town by your contribution to the fund of general enjoyment.Sydney We will open the book.

Its pages are blank.

We are going to put words on them ourselves.

The book is called "Opportunity" and its first chapter is New Year's Day.Edith Lovejoy PierceBe always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better man. linA happy New Year!Grant that I may bring no tear to any eye.When this New Year in time shall end,Let it be said I've played the friend,Have lived and loved and labored here,And made of it a happy year.Edgar A. GuestThis bright new year is given me,To live each day with zest.To daily grow and try to be,My highest and my best! Arthur WardWhat can be said in New Year rhymes,That's not been said a thousand times?The new years come, the old years go,We know we dream, we dream we know.We rise up laughing with the light,We lie down weeping with the night.We hug the world until it stings,We curse it then and sigh for wings.We live, we love, we woo, we wed,We wreathe our prides, we sheet our dead.We laugh, we weep, we hope, we fear,And that's the burden of a year.Ella Wheeler WilcoxAnd I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year: Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.

And he replied: Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God.

That shall be to you better than light, and safer than a known way.Minnie L. Haskins