Brief introduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

----- Original Message -----

> I am a 39 year old female. I was 230 pounds when I first started my

> weight loss regime. I have so far lost 12 pounds in a few months. I

> do not want for my weight to come off fast due to health reasons. I

> want to achieve the weight of 130 one day.

Welcome Maranda. I'm 39 also. I live in Houston with dh and two daughters

6 and 3. I started at 266 back in Aug. I'm 235 now since I've been up and

down since Dec. What method have you used to lose the 12 pounds? I started

out eating everything in moderation and now I'm trying Sugar Busters.

Ann

266/235/216

long term goal 150

Guest guest

Welcome to the group Maranda!

I just delurked myself! I looked back to when I joined and it was in

March, it really doesn't seem that long ago. Congrats on the 12lb

weight loss! I'm sure someone else asked, but what type of program

are you using?

a

• 4 months later...

In a message dated 10/28/03 10:03:48 PM, skills2change@... writes:

<< I am certified in The Solution - a method of developmental skill training

and some of my clients have had bariatric surg. >>

Gale,

I have the book " The Solution, " and a year or two back, I investigated some

of the particulars involved with being a program provider.

I have a couple of questions:

Since you have degrees in both psychology and nutrition, are you able to

function independently as a provider for The Solution program, or do you work

cooperatively with another/other professional(s)?

Did you have to start from the bottom up, so to speak, to acquire the masters

degree in psych, i.e., how much was required in the way of undergraduate

coursework to prep you for a masters program in psych? (or did you have the

psych

degree before dietetics registration?)

Thanks.

Becky Rolph, MS,RD,LDN,CDE

RLR6333@...

Erie, PA

I have been looking at the Solution program and considering recommending it

for our facility....how long have you been doing the program and are your

results as good as promoted in their literature? I was thinking this

would be a great tool to use for after the surgery to help with the

" issues " that have never been addressed!

-----------------------------------------

All electronic mail communications originating from or transmitted to Baptist

Health Care, Inc. are subject to monitoring. This message and the information

contained in it, which may consist of electronic data attachments, are the

confidential and proprietary communications of Baptist Health Care and are

intended to be received only by the individual or individuals to whom the

message has been addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended

recipient, please take notice that any use, copying, printing, forwarding or

distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have

received this message in error, please immediately notify the Baptist Health

Care Privacy Officer at (850) 434-4472 and/or forward the message to

hipaa@... and delete or destroy all copies of this message.

• 2 years later...

Welcome !

What is Autism Services for Kids and how can I contact them? I live in

Shaker Heights and we have just started experiencing some new problems with

my 14yo. I am relatively new to the area and am looking for help.

Lori

-----Original Message-----

Of

Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 10:53 AM

Subject: [ ] brief introduction

<snip>

I live in the Cleveland area and

work with Autism Services for Kids (ASK) in Bay

Village, Westlake, and Shaker Heights. I also attend

Cleveland State University (for the next month at

least). It is nice that this group exists, thanks for

allowing me to join.

~ Cinalli

Start your day with - Make it your home page!

http://www./r/hs

Welcome ! It sounds like you have learned a lot in the past few years, and have gained some valuable experience! Thank you for all you have done for "our kids" and all that you will do! Marotta

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 10:52 AM

Subject: [ ] brief introduction

Hello Group,Working with early intervention therapy teams for thepast 8 months has been a learning experience. It isvery rewarding to see how readily children progress inskills and decrease inappropriate behaviors over time. My interest in working with autistic children stemsfrom my focus on psychology. Therapy work provides mewith experience in the dynamics of dealing with familyand school settings, which prepares me for eventualclinical practice. I will be completing my bachelor'sdegree this December. After taking my GRE's in theSpring, I will be on my way to graduate school. Iplan to enroll in a Doctorate of Psychology programthe following Fall. I live in the Cleveland area andwork with Autism Services for Kids (ASK) in BayVillage, Westlake, and Shaker Heights. I also attendCleveland State University (for the next month atleast). It is nice that this group exists, thanks forallowing me to join. ~ Cinalli

• 2 years later...

:

My biggest concern for those having gastric bypass surgery is the potential nutritional deficiencies, making sure your mother stays on the recommended supplements life-long as well as getting lab studies done yearly to assure she is not developing vitamin/mineral deficiencies would be one of the highest priorities in my book. I also would check into the surgeon....in the US it seems from some of the data that those surgeons with higher volumes and more experience tend to have lower complication rates. I think bypass surgery can be a very effective weight loss surgery, however it will provide the most weight loss benefit in the first 2 years and thereafter weight maintenance will rely heavily on a persons lifestyle and behaviors so helping your mom/patients learn healthy living will still be KEY to their success....my 2 cents.

Laschkewitsch RD LDDietitian, Legacy Obesity Institute(503) 413-8135

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of julilou33Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 7:31 AM Subject: Brief introduction

Hi everyone! My name is Lunn and I have recently joined this site so thought I would say hi and breifly explain my reasons for joining. I am a practicing community health promotion dietitian working in the UK in Merthyr Tyfil, South Wales. My main reason for joining this site is that I am very interested in bariatric surgery and all the nutritional aspects that comes with it and it is an area I may consider going into at some point in my career as a dietitian. Also, my mother is hugely obese and is presently on a referral list to have some sort of gastric bypass surgery in the near future and Iwould like to assist her as much as I possibly can. I guess I would like to find out more about the surgeries available and what the nutritional considerations are - if anyone can give me some information or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. Also what does everyone think of the weight-loss surgeries around these days? Would you encourage patients/clients who are morbidly obese to seek out this type of surgery? What are the pros & cons? Sorry I have so many questions but I would be really grateful of any information or advice.Thanks everyone,

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.

:

My biggest concern for those having gastric bypass surgery is the potential nutritional deficiencies, making sure your mother stays on the recommended supplements life-long as well as getting lab studies done yearly to assure she is not developing vitamin/mineral deficiencies would be one of the highest priorities in my book. I also would check into the surgeon....in the US it seems from some of the data that those surgeons with higher volumes and more experience tend to have lower complication rates. I think bypass surgery can be a very effective weight loss surgery, however it will provide the most weight loss benefit in the first 2 years and thereafter weight maintenance will rely heavily on a persons lifestyle and behaviors so helping your mom/patients learn healthy living will still be KEY to their success....my 2 cents.

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of julilou33Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 7:31 AM Subject: Brief introduction

Hi everyone! My name is Lunn and I have recently joined this site so thought I would say hi and breifly explain my reasons for joining. I am a practicing community health promotion dietitian working in the UK in Merthyr Tyfil, South Wales. My main reason for joining this site is that I am very interested in bariatric surgery and all the nutritional aspects that comes with it and it is an area I may consider going into at some point in my career as a dietitian. Also, my mother is hugely obese and is presently on a referral list to have some sort of gastric bypass surgery in the near future and Iwould like to assist her as much as I possibly can. I guess I would like to find out more about the surgeries available and what the nutritional considerations are - if anyone can give me some information or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. Also what does everyone think of the weight-loss surgeries around these days? Would you encourage patients/clients who are morbidly obese to seek out this type of surgery? What are the pros & cons? Sorry I have so many questions but I would be really grateful of any information or advice.Thanks everyone,

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.

There are some great files with lots of good information for you on this group. Click on the link (to the side of the messages) and scroll through them.

I am often amazed at how a topic that is being discussed on the group is one that I am working on at my clinic here in Spokane.

Gather information and see where it takes you.

Merri Lou Dobler, MS,RD,CD

Rockwood Clinic

Spokane, WA

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Laschkwitsch, :LPH Obes InstSent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:32 AM Subject: RE: Brief introduction

:

______________________________________________________________________This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email ______________________________________________________________________

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.

For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone !

My name is and I recently joined your group, I have been

active in sharing and guiding others towards their spiritual paths

through other media (including Myspace

-http://www.myspace.com/guardian1of7)

for a while now. I really like what you have here and your timing for

expanding this group could not be better.

This is going to be a busy year!

I look forward to getting to know you all better and reading more

of the information you have been posting.

Sending my Love and Blessings

-

Hello there ... It is really good to have you here, I just left a comment on your myspace page. Please make yourself at home and start getting cozy!LOL. In the morning I will be publishing some other ideas and projects I would like to discuss with you all Blessings to you , Love and respect to all,Liane>> Hi Everyone ! > > My name is and I recently joined your group, I have been> active in sharing and guiding others towards their spiritual paths> through other media (including Myspace> -http://www.myspace.com/guardian1of7) > for a while now. I really like what you have here and your timing for> expanding this group could not be better. > This is going to be a busy year!> I look forward to getting to know you all better and reading more > of the information you have been posting.> Sending my Love and Blessings> - >