RemedySpot.com

Imee Ooi - The Chant Of Metta - English subtitled version

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HiYa Friends,

Herewith, i would like to share with you this Chant of Metta which is soothing, uplifting, joyful and a great healing ...

i was in deep depression a few years back and during that time, i would pop in this cassette, whilst driving to & fro from work...it helped me a lot, so please take a look at this video and turn on your speakers loud.

Namaste & Metta, and may all of you be free from suffering,

Alice

P/S -- i have googled up the Sanskrit lyrics as well as the translation as well in English...

Hope all of you will enjoy it and for those who are non-Christians, please listen to the music, when you are feeling "blue", for i am sure it will calm you down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO4-IrLGSN4 & feature=related

The Chant of Metta - Suffusing Loving-kindness (MP3 File)A musical rendition by Imee Ooi. (64kbps Stereo)Metta is a Pali word meaning loving-kindness.

Metta chanting is the radiation of loving-kindness towards all beings:

May they all be happy and peaceful. Imee Ooi chants the Pali beautifully.

Metta chanting is soothing, uplifting, joyful and a great healing for the world - pervading it with waves of love.

Truly, may all beings be happy.

May they live always in peace and harmony. The Chant of Metta Text (Lyrics)Aham avero homiMay I be free from enmity and danger abyapajjho homiMay I be free from mental sufferinganigha homiMay I be free from physical sufferingsukhi - attanam pariharamiMay I take care of myself happilyMama matapituMay my parentsacariya ca natimitta cateacher relatives and friendssabrahma - carino cafellow Dhamma farersavera hontube free from enmity and dangerabyapajjha hontube free from mental sufferinganigha hontube free from physical sufferingsukhi - attanam pariharantumay they take care of themselves happilyImasmim arame sabbe yoginoMay all meditators in this compoundavera hontube free from enmity and dangerabyapajjha hontube free from mental sufferinganigha hontube free from physical sufferingsukhi - attanam pariharantuMay they take care of themselves happilyImasmim arame sabbe bhikkhuMay all monks in this compoundsamanera canovice monksupasaka - upasikaya calaymen and laywomen disciplesavera hontube free from enmity and dangerabyapajjha hontube free from mental sufferinganigha hontube free from physical sufferingsukhi - attanam pariharantuMay they take care of themselves happilyAmhakam catupaccaya - dayakaMay our donors of the four supports: clothing, food, medicine and lodgingavera hontube free from enmity and dangerabyapajjha hontube free from mental sufferinganigha hontube free from physical sufferingsukhi - attanam pariharantuMay they take care of themselves happilyAmhakam arakkha devataMay our guardian devasIsmasmim viharein this monasteryIsmasmim avasein this dwellingIsmasmim aramein this compoundarakkha devataMay the guardian devasavera hontube free from enmity and dangerabyapajjha hontube free from mental sufferinganigha hontube free from physical sufferingsukhi - attanam pariharantumay they take care of themselves happilySabbe sattaMay all beingssabbe panaall breathing thingssabbe bhuttaall creaturessabbe puggalaall individuals (all beings)sabbe attabhava - pariyapannaall personalities (all beings with mind and body)sabbe itthoyomay all femalessabbe purisaall malessabbe ariyaall noble ones (saints)sabbe anariyaall worldlings (those yet to attain sainthood)sabbe devaall devas (deities)sabbe manussaall humanssabbe vinipatikaall those in the four woeful planesavera hontube free from enmity and dangersabyapajjha hontube free from mental sufferinganigha hontube free from physical sufferingsukhi - attanam pariharantumay they take care of themselves happilyDukkha muccantuMay all being be free from sufferingYattha-laddha-sampattito mavigacchantuMay whatever they have gained not be lostKammassakaAll beings are owners of their own KammaPurathimaya disayain the eastern directionpacchimaya disayain the western directionuttara disayain the northern directiondakkhinaya disayain the southern directionpurathimaya anudisayain the southeast directionpacchimaya anudisayain the northwest directionuttara anudisayain the northeast directiondakkhinaya anudisayain the southwest directionhetthimaya disayain the direction belowuparimaya disayain the direction aboveSabbe sattaMay all beingssabbe panaall breathing thingssabbe bhuttaall creaturessabbe puggalaall individuals (all beings)sabbe attabhava - pariyapannaall personalities (all beings with mind and body)sabbe itthoyomay all femalessabbe purisaall malessabbe ariyaall noble ones (saints)sabbe anariya(those yet to attain sainthood)sabbe devaall devas (deities)sabbe manussaall humanssabbe vinipatikaall those in the 4 woeful planesavera hontube free from enmity and dangersabyapajjha hontube free from mental sufferinganigha hontube free from physical sufferingsukhi - attanam pariharantumay they take care of themselves happilyDukkha muccantuMay all beings be free from sufferingYattha-laddha-sampattito mavigacchantuMay whatever they have gained not be lostKammassakaAll beings are owners of their own kammaUddham yava bhavagga caAs far as the highest plane of existenceadho yava aviccitoto as far down as the lowest planesamanta cakkavalesuin the entire universeye satta pathavicarawhatever beings that move on earthabyapajjha nivera camay they are free of mental suffering and enmitynidukkha ca nupaddavaand from physical suffering and dangerUddham yava bhavagga caAs far as the highest plane of existenceadho yava aviccitoto as far down as the lowest planesamanta cakkavalesuin the entire universeye satta udakecarawhatever beings that move on waterabyapajjha nivera camay they are free of mental suffering and enmitynidukkha ca nupaddavaand from physical suffering and dangerUddham yava bhavagga caAs far as the highest plane of existenceadho yava aviccitoto as far down as the lowest planesamanta cakkavalesuin the entire universeye satta akasecarawhatever beings that move in airabyapajjha nivera camay they are free of mental suffering and enmitynidukkha ca nupaddavaand from physical suffering and danger.Source: Buddha Dharma Education Association Inc./BuddhaNetURL: http://www.buddhanet.net/audio-chant.htm