RemedySpot.com

[Spiritual_Self_Healing] Messages Delivered on Feathered Wings by Rickel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you for your interest in our Daily Soul Retreat Newsletter!Soulfully, Rickel Dec. 21, 2007 Daily Soul Retreat at SoulfulLiving.com Vol. I, Issue 297 Messages Delivered on Feathered Wingsby Rickel This tale begins with a story from the holidays [2004]. It was just my cats and me this holiday season, and as I "decked the halls" and

decorated my Christmas tree, in the home where I am living [2004]—My deceased parents’ home, the home where I grew up and have spent the last year trying desperately to sort through and clear with the help of my sister—I caught a glimpse of what appeared to be something rather disturbing behind the screen of my fireplace. I dreaded taking a better look, but as I slowly parted the fireplace screen, it turned out to be exactly what I feared it would be—a dead bird, a pigeon I believe. My first thought was, how did it get into my fireplace? My parents hadn’t used the fireplace in years, and I was sure the chimney flue had been closed all this time, but apparently it hadn’t been. So, here, next to my lovely little Christmas tree, was a dead bird, and I realized there was no one around but my kitties and me to remove it. Ugh. I had to wonder, "What had I done that was so terrible this year that Santa would bring me a dead bird for Christmas?" I cringed and got squeamish and

decided I couldn’t deal with it until morning, so I boarded off the fireplace with several large flattened cardboard boxes and stayed out of the living room for the rest of the night. It was such a distasteful thought, to have a decomposing bird in my fireplace for Christmas. Now I’m no expert on Christmas and traditions, but aren’t birds supposed to be symbolic of the season? For instance, the song, "The 12 Days of Christmas," describes quite a few birds that "my true love gave to me," namely, swans, geese, calling birds, French hens, turtledoves, and a partridge in a pear tree. Our fireplace is the hearth of our house, what I have always considered to be the heart of our home. I have many wonderful memories near that hearth, particularly during the holidays, and all the love my family and I shared there. It

was a family tradition, of sorts, in my home that my father and mother would stay up till the very late hours on Christmas Eve—until morning some years, I believe, working busily away, as Mr. and Mrs. Claus, decorating the fireplace, mantel and Christmas Tree with artistic and lovingly gift-wrapped gifts and decor. They worked very hard each year and seemed driven to make it absolutely perfect for my sister and me. They kept up the tradition so well, in fact, that I was ten—yes, I said, TEN—until I began to have doubts about Santa Claus’ true existence. (I still remember how the question of, "How exactly did Santa get that enormous wooden play stove down the chimney back when I was five?" plagued my mind for hours during one fifth grade assembly at school.) The day I learned that Santa Claus was not real was one of the saddest days of my life. In one day, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy all died, along with some of my childhood naiveté and innocence, I

imagine, too... >>> Click to Continue Reading "A Tale of Two Birds" © Copyright Rickel. This article was originally published at our website, SoulfulLiving.com, in January 2005, as part of our "Life Reflection"

Issue. Click to View Our "Daily Soul Retreat" Newsletter Archive SoulfulLiving.com "Those who know me well, know that I enjoy living life with a child’s wonder and find immense joy in discovering symbolism and deep meaning in everyday life. I seek out such symbolism. I believe deeply that we are all connected in our vast and miraculous Universe. I absolutely live for synchronicity and signs of the miraculousness of it all."--

Rickel Featured Product:"Harmony" Mandala SoapIntroducing Mandala Soap!Developed by the Founderof SoulfulLiving.com, Rickel.Our ten blissfully fragrant, clear “stained-glass” soaps are embedded with colorful mandala art images that are reusable and frameable! Mindfully handcrafted in the USA of

high-grade biodegradable vegetable glycerin,Mandala Soaps arecruelty-free and vegan.Click to Learn More Today's Sponsor: Thank you for your interest in our Daily Soul RetreatTM Newsletter at SoulfulLiving.com! Each weekday, our Daily Soul Retreat Newsletter offers you a peaceful and inspirational retreat from the busyness of your day, by providing you with an excerpt from one of our most popular archived articles published at our website, SoulfulLiving.com. Our Daily Soul Retreat Newsletter goes great with a cup of herbal tea and a ten-minute break. We recommend you find a peaceful space where you won't be disturbed. Take several deep meditative breaths, sit back, read, and be inspired! We've published over 1,500 articles at our website, since first launching in January 2000, so there are lots of articles to catch up on! You might find that we're featuring one of your

favorites, or perhaps offering one that you've never read before. It is our hope that our Daily Soul Retreat Newsletter brings your day an extra dose of inner peace and joy. Enjoy! -- Rickel, Founder and Soul of SoulfulLiving.com You are receiving our Daily Soul Retreat Inspirational Newsletter because you subscribed to it at our website, SoulfulLiving.com. If you wish to unsubscribe, please click the "SafeUnsubscribe" link, below. Thank you.Privacy Notice and Free Subscription: This newsletter is a free “opt-in” publication. Our email distribution list is kept private and secure. We would never share, rent, sell or divulge the email addresses on our mailing list to any person, business, or organization. ~*~Please Forward Our Newsletter to a Friend~*~Thank you! © Copyright Daily Soul RetreatTM and SoulfulLiving.comTM 2006-2007. . Please Forward Our Newsletter to a Friend! Email Marketing by Cheryl

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.