RemedySpot.com

Re: exerpts from DOW corning about ........implants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dede-Since all silicone implants do "leech", even the new ones, I suspect stuff can leech in both directions. I'm no scientist, but if that wall is porous enough for the silicone to leech out, I suspect certain stuff in the body can also leech its way in. It's interesting, though. I've never considered those to be bidirectional before.When I was at my first consultation, I asked my surgeon if the salines were the only ones that could get fungus in them and bacteria, since the silicone ones did not have the valve. He shook his head and said both types were susceptible to that. I didn't question him further, I was just disappointed at the response. I wanted to hear that I didn't need to worry about

getting black gunk in my silicones, but he would give me no such reassurance.One thing for sure- I think I had the most honest implanting surgeon EVER.-B exerpts from DOW corning about ........implants

(Statement from the Dow Corning Corporation, September 1995)

Dow Corning "Facts You Should Know About Your New Look", 1970-1975

Your physician has given you this booklet to help you understand the Mammary Prosthesis. There are probably countless questions you'd like answered about this surgical procedure. All of them can't possibly be covered here. But this booklet can give you a general picture of what's involved, drawn from the experience of doctors, clinicians and women who have had Mammary Prosthesis implantation. Q. How long will the Mammary Prosthesis last?A. Based upon laboratory findings, together with human experience to date, one would expect that the Mammary Prosthesis would last for a natural lifetime. However, since no Mammary Prosthesis has been implanted for a full life span, it is impossible to give an unequivocal answer. Q. Can I expect any problems with my breasts following mammary augmentation?A. While thousands of women have mammary augmentation operations done annually without any adverse reactions, no surgical procedure is a success every time, and each person's reactions to surgery and implantation can be different. Occasional complaints of excessive breast firmness and/or discomfort caused by fibrous capsule formation and shrinkage have necessitated surgical correction and have been noted in the medical literature. Dow Corning "Facts You Should Know About Your New Look", 1977, 1978, 1979

Q. How long will the Mammary Prosthesis last?A. Based upon laboratory findings, together with human experience to date, one would expect that the Mammary Prosthesis would last for a natural lifetime.

17. CalcificationPhysicians have reported calcification of the tissue surrounding the implant. The etiology of calcification is unclear. In some instances, heavy calcification resulting in local discomfort and breast firmness may require removal of the implants and the calcified capsule. 18. Absorption of Biologicals by Implants Selected breast prostheses examined after various lengths of implantation have undergone a change in the gel and envelope coloration to shades of yellow. Occasionally, the gel has been observed to contain particles that include material of varying size, texture, and coloration. Analysis have revealed many to contain triglycerides, lipids, or steroid-type materials. These are postulated to slowly move through the silicone elastomer shell from the surrounding tissues. The degree of such biologicals appears to be patient-specific. DOES this mean that stuff moves in and out of silicone filled silicone implants tooooo ? ? ? Medical reports state more frequent intra-operative rupture occurs with the use of a small incision for introduction of the prosthesis, as in trans-axillary insertion, or in submuscular placement of a prosthesis. As reported in the literature, when an implant ruptures, gel may be released from the implant envelope despite the cohesive properties of the gel. If left in place, complications such as enlarged lymph nodes, scar formation, inflammation, silicone granulomas and nodule formation may result. Possible further migration of the silicone gel to other tissue as well as adjacent tissue may occur. A limited preliminary study has been reported to the medical community that in the presence of select bacterial infection at the site of a ruptured implant, extravasated gel may be altered by the bacteria with a resultant decrease in cohesivity of the gel. If true, there is greater potential for distant migration of the gel. http://www.pbs. org/wgbh/ pages/frontline/ implants/ corp/pkginserts. html

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for

winter.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Dede-Since all silicone implants do "leech", even the new ones, I suspect stuff can leech in both directions. I'm no scientist, but if that wall is porous enough for the silicone to leech out, I suspect certain stuff in the body can also leech its way in. It's interesting, though. I've never considered those to be bidirectional before.When I was at my first consultation, I asked my surgeon if the salines were the only ones that could get fungus in them and bacteria, since the silicone ones did not have the valve. He shook his head and said both types were susceptible to that. I didn't question him further, I was just disappointed at the response. I wanted to hear that I didn't need to worry about

getting black gunk in my silicones, but he would give me no such reassurance.One thing for sure- I think I had the most honest implanting surgeon EVER.-B exerpts from DOW corning about ........implants

(Statement from the Dow Corning Corporation, September 1995)

Dow Corning "Facts You Should Know About Your New Look", 1970-1975

Your physician has given you this booklet to help you understand the Mammary Prosthesis. There are probably countless questions you'd like answered about this surgical procedure. All of them can't possibly be covered here. But this booklet can give you a general picture of what's involved, drawn from the experience of doctors, clinicians and women who have had Mammary Prosthesis implantation. Q. How long will the Mammary Prosthesis last?A. Based upon laboratory findings, together with human experience to date, one would expect that the Mammary Prosthesis would last for a natural lifetime. However, since no Mammary Prosthesis has been implanted for a full life span, it is impossible to give an unequivocal answer. Q. Can I expect any problems with my breasts following mammary augmentation?A. While thousands of women have mammary augmentation operations done annually without any adverse reactions, no surgical procedure is a success every time, and each person's reactions to surgery and implantation can be different. Occasional complaints of excessive breast firmness and/or discomfort caused by fibrous capsule formation and shrinkage have necessitated surgical correction and have been noted in the medical literature. Dow Corning "Facts You Should Know About Your New Look", 1977, 1978, 1979

Q. How long will the Mammary Prosthesis last?A. Based upon laboratory findings, together with human experience to date, one would expect that the Mammary Prosthesis would last for a natural lifetime.

17. CalcificationPhysicians have reported calcification of the tissue surrounding the implant. The etiology of calcification is unclear. In some instances, heavy calcification resulting in local discomfort and breast firmness may require removal of the implants and the calcified capsule. 18. Absorption of Biologicals by Implants Selected breast prostheses examined after various lengths of implantation have undergone a change in the gel and envelope coloration to shades of yellow. Occasionally, the gel has been observed to contain particles that include material of varying size, texture, and coloration. Analysis have revealed many to contain triglycerides, lipids, or steroid-type materials. These are postulated to slowly move through the silicone elastomer shell from the surrounding tissues. The degree of such biologicals appears to be patient-specific. DOES this mean that stuff moves in and out of silicone filled silicone implants tooooo ? ? ? Medical reports state more frequent intra-operative rupture occurs with the use of a small incision for introduction of the prosthesis, as in trans-axillary insertion, or in submuscular placement of a prosthesis. As reported in the literature, when an implant ruptures, gel may be released from the implant envelope despite the cohesive properties of the gel. If left in place, complications such as enlarged lymph nodes, scar formation, inflammation, silicone granulomas and nodule formation may result. Possible further migration of the silicone gel to other tissue as well as adjacent tissue may occur. A limited preliminary study has been reported to the medical community that in the presence of select bacterial infection at the site of a ruptured implant, extravasated gel may be altered by the bacteria with a resultant decrease in cohesivity of the gel. If true, there is greater potential for distant migration of the gel. http://www.pbs. org/wgbh/ pages/frontline/ implants/ corp/pkginserts. html

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for

winter.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Wow, this surgeon sounds like he still has

some humanity left inside of him........wonder

is he has expertise in explantation enbloc...

we need all the doctors we can get, because

they approved silicone last november, we have

tons of new people needing proper explant...

I know this year is gonna be filled with new gals

that are sicker than hell due to those greedy

bastards, I just wish for once that for each person

ill from the implants they place, they would have

stabbing pains in their manparts dailey and extreme

fatigue, and brain fog......yes to both of their brains ! See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Wow, this surgeon sounds like he still has

some humanity left inside of him........wonder

is he has expertise in explantation enbloc...

we need all the doctors we can get, because

they approved silicone last november, we have

tons of new people needing proper explant...

I know this year is gonna be filled with new gals

that are sicker than hell due to those greedy

bastards, I just wish for once that for each person

ill from the implants they place, they would have

stabbing pains in their manparts dailey and extreme

fatigue, and brain fog......yes to both of their brains ! See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

B ~

I am glad that doc planted

a seed of doubt into your mind

so that you kept on researching

til you found us ! !

Hugs DedeSee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

B ~

I am glad that doc planted

a seed of doubt into your mind

so that you kept on researching

til you found us ! !

Hugs DedeSee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

He also told me they wouldn't feel real to the touch. When I asked him what they'd feel like, he said, "You'll see," and looked down at his chart. I swear I think he tried everything he could to talk me out of them. (He also told me he wouldn't get them if he were a woman, and he had no idea why any woman does!) Re: exerpts from DOW corning about

.........implants

Hey B ~

Boy, sounds like you did have

a honest implanting surgeon !

I am amazed ! !

DedeSee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

He also told me they wouldn't feel real to the touch. When I asked him what they'd feel like, he said, "You'll see," and looked down at his chart. I swear I think he tried everything he could to talk me out of them. (He also told me he wouldn't get them if he were a woman, and he had no idea why any woman does!) Re: exerpts from DOW corning about

.........implants

Hey B ~

Boy, sounds like you did have

a honest implanting surgeon !

I am amazed ! !

DedeSee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Ballerina,

Your surgeon sounds like a man who's close relative has suffered from breast implants!

Maybe you could ask him how he removes implants . . . We could use more doctors who take the issue seriously.

He might be interested in knowing about this group!

Hugs,

Rogene

Ballerina,

Your surgeon sounds like a man who's close relative has suffered from breast implants!

Maybe you could ask him how he removes implants . . . We could use more doctors who take the issue seriously.

Hugs,

Rogene

I could feel him out for that. He really is exceptional in so many ways. He was on the first season of Dr. 90210, but unlike Dr. Rey, he is extremely accredited. Re: exerpts from DOW corning about ........implants

Ballerina,

Hugs,

Rogene

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I could feel him out for that. He really is exceptional in so many ways. He was on the first season of Dr. 90210, but unlike Dr. Rey, he is extremely accredited. Re: exerpts from DOW corning about ........implants

Ballerina,

Hugs,

Rogene

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.