RemedySpot.com

Re: C I P R O ...Weston Price foundation's thoughts.....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dede, O' my, I took this twice for my implant and explant surgery. I knew i was bad BUT I did not know it was this bad.. I truely believe and always have beieve believed that the Cipro is what aused my digestion issues. Thank you for sharing this info with everyone. If anyone has any ideas on how to reverse or help the effects of this drug. I noticed liver damage was common.....I do not take a liver support but would like too. Is the Milk Thistle the one that is reommened for liver support???? This report makes me nervous...Lynn honey, please be careful with this antibiotics.

Much Love,

Beth

C I P R O ...Weston Price foundation's thoughts.....

Wow, I didnt know all this about cipro ! ! Lynn, I would

definately ask if this is the only drug he thinks will rid you

of this nasty bacteria.... ....

Loveya ~ D

click on the link at the bottom for other side effects.

The True Story of Cipro

By s Schuld, Small and Trent

Recently, the pharmaceutical company Bayer was forced to recall its fluorinated cholesterol- lowering drug Baycol (Cerivastatin) as it had caused deaths and serious adverse health effects worldwide.1, 2, 3 Baycol had been found to cause muscle destruction and wasting--a condition known as rhabdomyolysis- -and displayed compounded toxicity when used with other drugs. It had been linked to at least 31 deaths.

The adverse reactions documented with Baycol were largely identical to those of numerous other fluorinated drugs--all of which had been withdrawn from the market in recent years. 3

As a result of the current anthrax scare, another fluorinated drug called Cipro has received extensive media coverage and the name has become familiar to millions almost overnight. As soon as the first cases of anthrax resulting from suspicious mail became known, there were wide reports of a hectic run on this drug.

Mass hysteria seems present as governments, pharmacies and individuals everywhere are stockpiling Cipro. Pharmacies are reporting record sales, and on-line prescription services and Internet sites are selling the drug at more than $7.00 per pill.

People everywhere-- hyped into believing their flu-like symptoms are caused by anthrax exposure and misinformed by irresponsible media reports--are taking Cipro. Worse yet, they are giving it to their children.

What is Cipro?

Cipro is ciprofloxacin, a fluorinated quinolone, belonging to a class of fluorinated antibiotics which also include enoxacin, fleroxacin, temafloxacin, grepafloxacin, norfloxacin, sparfloxacin, tosufloxacin, lomefloxacin and ofloxacin.

Ciprofloxacin has been in use since 1987 for a variety of other indications and is the most widely used fluoroquinolone in humans and animals worldwide.4

In 2000, the FDA approved its use as a treatment for inhalational anthrax under its "accelerated approval" regulations.5 The FDA had actually taken the unusual step of urging Bayer-- the sole manufacturer for all countries except India--to file for such approval, supposedly in order to protect the public from future terrorist attacks. The US Department of Defense had already ordered reserves of Cipro during the 1991 Gulf War.6

Adverse Effects

Temafloxacin and grepafloxacin are two other fluoroquinolones now withdrawn from the market because they had caused severe liver and renal damage--and deaths, just like fluorinated drugs from other, different classifications, such as Baycol.3 The same information also exists for Cipro.

Fatal liver failure associated with ciprofloxacin was reported in the Lancet in 1994.7,8

Ciprofloxacin has been implicated in several cases of acute renal failure and is the fluoroquinolone most established to cause such renal dysfunction.4,9,10,11

Fluoride

The most common side-effects due to Cipro, reported in 2-16 percent of cases, are gastrointestinal in nature and equal those reported when children accidentally ingest "too much" fluoride from their toothpaste. These symptoms include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting and abdominal pain. Why?

Ciprofloxacin administration always results in elevated serum fluoride levels.12 In a series of tests evaluating the safety of ciprofloxacin in children, serum fluoride levels increased after 12 hours in 79 percent of the children; on day 7 the 24-hour urinary fluoride excretion was higher in 88.9 percent of children observed.12

Rhabdomyolysis

Just as in the case of Baycol and other fluorinated drugs, Cipro can cause musculo-skeletal disorders such as rhabdomyolysis. Since the introduction of fluoroquinolones on the market in 1987, more than 200 cases of rhabdomyolysis, tendinitis, tendon rupture, etc. have been reported in the literature.4,13,14,15

In October 1994 the Japan Pharmaceutical Affairs Bureau was first to amend the product information for fluoroquinolones to state that rhabdomyolysis may occur.16

In 1996, the FDA also issued directives to manufacturers to include warning statements on all fluoroquinoline product inserts to alert patients and caregivers to the potential for tendinitis and tendon rupture.17 In the same year, the Sri Lanka Drug Evaluation Sub-Committee decided that the product information sheet on fluoroquinolone antibiotics should include the following warning: "The onset of tendon pain calls for immediate withdrawal of fluoroquinolone antibiotics. "18

Achilles tendon rupture was shown to occur even after withdrawal of the drug with examination showing pathological ultrastructure alteration in tendinocytes. Just as in other cases of fluoride poisoning, studies in animals show that magnesium deficiency aggravates the induced tendinopathy.14,19

Fatal Drug Interactions

Just as with Baycol, drug interactions with ciprofloxacin have resulted in fatal outcomes due to potentiation of another drug¢s effects including theophylline,4,20 methadone21 and warfarin.22

Just like Baycol and other fluorinated drugs, ciprofloxacin is a potent inhibitor of the thyroid hormone-regulated P 450 enzyme system in the liver. Of all fluoroquinolones, ciprofloxacin and enoxacin have shown the greatest inhibitory capacity.4

P450 IA2 prevents the metabolism and inactivation of methylxanthines, thereby causing increased serum concentrations of drugs like theophylline (found in tea) and caffeine (found in coffee and soft drinks), which in turn causes excess central nervous system and cardiac stimulation. As mentioned above, Cipro also elevates serum fluoride levels.

The liver has been identified as a target organ of fluoroquinolone toxicity in animal studies.23 As early as the 1930s, scientists at Bayer and Knoll had discovered that all organic fluoride compounds tested (including those used for fluoroquinolone production) interfered with thyroid hormone activity in liver and muscle tissue. Meanwhile, they also showed "anti-bacterial" activity. This led to the development of many fluorinated medications, including the numerous compounds then used very successfully in the treatment of hyperthyroidism.24,25 A Dr. Kraft of the Knoll corporation invented many fluorinated "medications. " When it was discovered that some of these organic compounds had the same detrimental effects on teeth and bone as inorganic fluoride (although much less actual F ion was involved) he even filed patents on behalf of Knoll for use of these compounds in dental preparations.26,27

Pregnant women should never take ciprofloxacin. Cipro transfers through the placenta. It inhibits P450 1A2 which has been shown to be critical for neonatal survival as it influences the physiology of respiration in neonates. Mice lacking this cytochrome died shortly after birth and showed symptoms of severe respiratory distress.28 Respiratory distress is also a side-effect of ciprofloxacin in adults.9 Cipro also transfers through breastmilk.

Resistance to Bacteria

Taking Ciprofloxacin can spur germs to mutate so that future bacterial infections become untreatable. During the last decades a dramatic increase in bacterial strains multiresistant to antibiotics, particularly Cipro, has been reported.30,31,32 This increase has led to the occurrence of incurable bacterial infections with a fatal outcome, and a particularly serious problem in connection with hospital-acquired infections.

For example, Clostridium difficile has become one of the most common acquired organisms in hospitals and longterm care institutions. The organism typically infects patients whose normal intestinal flora has been disturbed by the administration of a broad-spectrum antibiotic such as Cipro. The diarrhea and inflammatory colitis associated with infection represent a serious medical and surgical complication leading to increased morbidity and mortality, and prolonging hospital stays by an average of nearly three weeks. This is especially true for the elderly and for patients with serious underlying diseases who are the most likely to develop the infection. Diarrhea associated with C. difficile represents a major economic burden to the healthcare system, conservatively estimated at $3-6 billion per year in excess hospital costs in the US alone.33

The emergence of "antibiotic resistance" is a result of the overwhelming use of antibiotics in human and veterinary medicine. High rates of fluoroquinolone resistance have been reported in many countries.30 For example, in Asia Cipro can no longer be used to treat gonorrhea, because the disease has become resistant to the drug.34

While the FDA approved Cipro as the first-line treatment against anthrax in August, 2000, a few months later, in October, 2000, it asked Bayer to remove Baytril--its equivalent for animals.

The FDA has also proposed banning the fluoroquinolones, which chicken and turkey farmers have given to birds in their water since 1995 to help shield the animals from infection. The agency acted after linking the drugs to a large increase in Campylobacter bacteria immune to the medications. Nearly 18 percent of one common strain that infects humans is now immune to the very same drugs which were considered the last line of defense against the infection.

Campylobacter is the leading bacterial cause of food poisoning in the United States. Typically contracted through raw or undercooked meat, the germs afflict more than 2 million people and kill some 500 each year in the US, according to the CDC.

While Abbot voluntarily withdrew its version of the antibiotic (SaraFlox), Bayer decided to challenge the FDA. The company had the option to comply with the proposed ban or seek a hearing to determine whether such a move was justified. Bayer refused to comply with the ban, a move that kicked off a lengthy process that could take years.35 Meanwhile Bayer gets to poison the world, and make huge profits from it.

According to one report, the American Medical Association has advised its members to prescribe Cipro very cautiously, citing the fact that the worldwide problem of antibiotic resistance poses future dangers worse than the anthrax attacks of today.34

Photosensitivity

Photosensitization can result when light interacts with chemical agents in the skin and eyes. This process can produce undesirable clinical consequences, such as phototoxicity( exaggerated sunburn), photoallergy, or photo-carcinogenici ty. People receiving Cipro or any other fluoroquinolone are warned on the product inserts not to expose themselves to direct sunlight.. Rashes develop on the areas exposed.

Upon UVA-irradiation, the "fluorine" of numerous fluoroquinolones such as lomefloxacin and fleroxacin, are "lost" as fluoride.36

According to a US government report, "We have discovered that anions can activate visual photoreceptors in the dark. One anionic activator is the commonly used dental agent fluoride. The data on in vitro preparations indicate that these anions modulate photoreceptor bio-chemistry and may affect photoreceptor sen-sitivity. . . "38

Medline has many articles on fluoride and G-protein-coupled photoreceptor activation.35

Fluoride Poisoning

In summary, Cipro causes fluoride poisoning. But will any practitioner know how to deal with this, considering that the American Dental Association has shielded all practitioners from proper knowledge of fluoride toxicity?

http://www.westonap rice.org/ healthissues/ cipro.html

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Dede, O' my, I took this twice for my implant and explant surgery. I knew i was bad BUT I did not know it was this bad.. I truely believe and always have beieve believed that the Cipro is what aused my digestion issues. Thank you for sharing this info with everyone. If anyone has any ideas on how to reverse or help the effects of this drug. I noticed liver damage was common.....I do not take a liver support but would like too. Is the Milk Thistle the one that is reommened for liver support???? This report makes me nervous...Lynn honey, please be careful with this antibiotics.

Much Love,

Beth

Wow, I didnt know all this about cipro ! ! Lynn, I would

definately ask if this is the only drug he thinks will rid you

of this nasty bacteria.... ....

Loveya ~ D

click on the link at the bottom for other side effects.

The True Story of Cipro

By s Schuld, Small and Trent

Recently, the pharmaceutical company Bayer was forced to recall its fluorinated cholesterol- lowering drug Baycol (Cerivastatin) as it had caused deaths and serious adverse health effects worldwide.1, 2, 3 Baycol had been found to cause muscle destruction and wasting--a condition known as rhabdomyolysis- -and displayed compounded toxicity when used with other drugs. It had been linked to at least 31 deaths.

The adverse reactions documented with Baycol were largely identical to those of numerous other fluorinated drugs--all of which had been withdrawn from the market in recent years. 3

As a result of the current anthrax scare, another fluorinated drug called Cipro has received extensive media coverage and the name has become familiar to millions almost overnight. As soon as the first cases of anthrax resulting from suspicious mail became known, there were wide reports of a hectic run on this drug.

Mass hysteria seems present as governments, pharmacies and individuals everywhere are stockpiling Cipro. Pharmacies are reporting record sales, and on-line prescription services and Internet sites are selling the drug at more than $7.00 per pill.

People everywhere-- hyped into believing their flu-like symptoms are caused by anthrax exposure and misinformed by irresponsible media reports--are taking Cipro. Worse yet, they are giving it to their children.

What is Cipro?

Cipro is ciprofloxacin, a fluorinated quinolone, belonging to a class of fluorinated antibiotics which also include enoxacin, fleroxacin, temafloxacin, grepafloxacin, norfloxacin, sparfloxacin, tosufloxacin, lomefloxacin and ofloxacin.

Ciprofloxacin has been in use since 1987 for a variety of other indications and is the most widely used fluoroquinolone in humans and animals worldwide.4

In 2000, the FDA approved its use as a treatment for inhalational anthrax under its "accelerated approval" regulations.5 The FDA had actually taken the unusual step of urging Bayer-- the sole manufacturer for all countries except India--to file for such approval, supposedly in order to protect the public from future terrorist attacks. The US Department of Defense had already ordered reserves of Cipro during the 1991 Gulf War.6

Adverse Effects

Temafloxacin and grepafloxacin are two other fluoroquinolones now withdrawn from the market because they had caused severe liver and renal damage--and deaths, just like fluorinated drugs from other, different classifications, such as Baycol.3 The same information also exists for Cipro.

Fatal liver failure associated with ciprofloxacin was reported in the Lancet in 1994.7,8

Ciprofloxacin has been implicated in several cases of acute renal failure and is the fluoroquinolone most established to cause such renal dysfunction.4,9,10,11

Fluoride

The most common side-effects due to Cipro, reported in 2-16 percent of cases, are gastrointestinal in nature and equal those reported when children accidentally ingest "too much" fluoride from their toothpaste. These symptoms include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting and abdominal pain. Why?

Ciprofloxacin administration always results in elevated serum fluoride levels.12 In a series of tests evaluating the safety of ciprofloxacin in children, serum fluoride levels increased after 12 hours in 79 percent of the children; on day 7 the 24-hour urinary fluoride excretion was higher in 88.9 percent of children observed.12

Rhabdomyolysis

Just as in the case of Baycol and other fluorinated drugs, Cipro can cause musculo-skeletal disorders such as rhabdomyolysis. Since the introduction of fluoroquinolones on the market in 1987, more than 200 cases of rhabdomyolysis, tendinitis, tendon rupture, etc. have been reported in the literature.4,13,14,15

In October 1994 the Japan Pharmaceutical Affairs Bureau was first to amend the product information for fluoroquinolones to state that rhabdomyolysis may occur.16

In 1996, the FDA also issued directives to manufacturers to include warning statements on all fluoroquinoline product inserts to alert patients and caregivers to the potential for tendinitis and tendon rupture.17 In the same year, the Sri Lanka Drug Evaluation Sub-Committee decided that the product information sheet on fluoroquinolone antibiotics should include the following warning: "The onset of tendon pain calls for immediate withdrawal of fluoroquinolone antibiotics. "18

Achilles tendon rupture was shown to occur even after withdrawal of the drug with examination showing pathological ultrastructure alteration in tendinocytes. Just as in other cases of fluoride poisoning, studies in animals show that magnesium deficiency aggravates the induced tendinopathy.14,19

Fatal Drug Interactions

Just as with Baycol, drug interactions with ciprofloxacin have resulted in fatal outcomes due to potentiation of another drug¢s effects including theophylline,4,20 methadone21 and warfarin.22

Just like Baycol and other fluorinated drugs, ciprofloxacin is a potent inhibitor of the thyroid hormone-regulated P 450 enzyme system in the liver. Of all fluoroquinolones, ciprofloxacin and enoxacin have shown the greatest inhibitory capacity.4

P450 IA2 prevents the metabolism and inactivation of methylxanthines, thereby causing increased serum concentrations of drugs like theophylline (found in tea) and caffeine (found in coffee and soft drinks), which in turn causes excess central nervous system and cardiac stimulation. As mentioned above, Cipro also elevates serum fluoride levels.

The liver has been identified as a target organ of fluoroquinolone toxicity in animal studies.23 As early as the 1930s, scientists at Bayer and Knoll had discovered that all organic fluoride compounds tested (including those used for fluoroquinolone production) interfered with thyroid hormone activity in liver and muscle tissue. Meanwhile, they also showed "anti-bacterial" activity. This led to the development of many fluorinated medications, including the numerous compounds then used very successfully in the treatment of hyperthyroidism.24,25 A Dr. Kraft of the Knoll corporation invented many fluorinated "medications. " When it was discovered that some of these organic compounds had the same detrimental effects on teeth and bone as inorganic fluoride (although much less actual F ion was involved) he even filed patents on behalf of Knoll for use of these compounds in dental preparations.26,27

Pregnant women should never take ciprofloxacin. Cipro transfers through the placenta. It inhibits P450 1A2 which has been shown to be critical for neonatal survival as it influences the physiology of respiration in neonates. Mice lacking this cytochrome died shortly after birth and showed symptoms of severe respiratory distress.28 Respiratory distress is also a side-effect of ciprofloxacin in adults.9 Cipro also transfers through breastmilk.

Resistance to Bacteria

Taking Ciprofloxacin can spur germs to mutate so that future bacterial infections become untreatable. During the last decades a dramatic increase in bacterial strains multiresistant to antibiotics, particularly Cipro, has been reported.30,31,32 This increase has led to the occurrence of incurable bacterial infections with a fatal outcome, and a particularly serious problem in connection with hospital-acquired infections.

For example, Clostridium difficile has become one of the most common acquired organisms in hospitals and longterm care institutions. The organism typically infects patients whose normal intestinal flora has been disturbed by the administration of a broad-spectrum antibiotic such as Cipro. The diarrhea and inflammatory colitis associated with infection represent a serious medical and surgical complication leading to increased morbidity and mortality, and prolonging hospital stays by an average of nearly three weeks. This is especially true for the elderly and for patients with serious underlying diseases who are the most likely to develop the infection. Diarrhea associated with C. difficile represents a major economic burden to the healthcare system, conservatively estimated at $3-6 billion per year in excess hospital costs in the US alone.33

The emergence of "antibiotic resistance" is a result of the overwhelming use of antibiotics in human and veterinary medicine. High rates of fluoroquinolone resistance have been reported in many countries.30 For example, in Asia Cipro can no longer be used to treat gonorrhea, because the disease has become resistant to the drug.34

While the FDA approved Cipro as the first-line treatment against anthrax in August, 2000, a few months later, in October, 2000, it asked Bayer to remove Baytril--its equivalent for animals.

The FDA has also proposed banning the fluoroquinolones, which chicken and turkey farmers have given to birds in their water since 1995 to help shield the animals from infection. The agency acted after linking the drugs to a large increase in Campylobacter bacteria immune to the medications. Nearly 18 percent of one common strain that infects humans is now immune to the very same drugs which were considered the last line of defense against the infection.

Campylobacter is the leading bacterial cause of food poisoning in the United States. Typically contracted through raw or undercooked meat, the germs afflict more than 2 million people and kill some 500 each year in the US, according to the CDC.

While Abbot voluntarily withdrew its version of the antibiotic (SaraFlox), Bayer decided to challenge the FDA. The company had the option to comply with the proposed ban or seek a hearing to determine whether such a move was justified. Bayer refused to comply with the ban, a move that kicked off a lengthy process that could take years.35 Meanwhile Bayer gets to poison the world, and make huge profits from it.

According to one report, the American Medical Association has advised its members to prescribe Cipro very cautiously, citing the fact that the worldwide problem of antibiotic resistance poses future dangers worse than the anthrax attacks of today.34

Photosensitivity

Photosensitization can result when light interacts with chemical agents in the skin and eyes. This process can produce undesirable clinical consequences, such as phototoxicity( exaggerated sunburn), photoallergy, or photo-carcinogenici ty. People receiving Cipro or any other fluoroquinolone are warned on the product inserts not to expose themselves to direct sunlight.. Rashes develop on the areas exposed.

Upon UVA-irradiation, the "fluorine" of numerous fluoroquinolones such as lomefloxacin and fleroxacin, are "lost" as fluoride.36

According to a US government report, "We have discovered that anions can activate visual photoreceptors in the dark. One anionic activator is the commonly used dental agent fluoride. The data on in vitro preparations indicate that these anions modulate photoreceptor bio-chemistry and may affect photoreceptor sen-sitivity. . . "38

Medline has many articles on fluoride and G-protein-coupled photoreceptor activation.35

Fluoride Poisoning

In summary, Cipro causes fluoride poisoning. But will any practitioner know how to deal with this, considering that the American Dental Association has shielded all practitioners from proper knowledge of fluoride toxicity?

http://www.westonap rice.org/ healthissues/ cipro.html

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Hi Beth,

Was this presecribed to you by the doctor after surgery or something

you picked up yourself? Im just curious because i am currently on

vitamins that were sent to me by Dr Feng. They were the same one i

took that were supplied to me by my implanting surgeon as well so

now im curious if this is what i am taking as well. You would think

after all of this i would stop and look at what they rae goveing me

to take. I just assumed they came from Dr Feng so they are fine.

Thanks,

>

> Dede, O' my, I took this twice for my implant and explant

surgery. I knew i was bad BUT I did not know it was this bad. I

truely believe and always have beieve believed that the Cipro is

what aused my digestion issues. Thank you for sharing this info

with everyone. If anyone has any ideas on how to reverse or help

the effects of this drug. I noticed liver damage was common.....I

do not take a liver support but would like too. Is the Milk Thistle

the one that is reommened for liver support???? This report makes

me nervous...Lynn honey, please be careful with this antibiotics.

>

> Much Love,

> Beth

>

>

> C I P R O ...Weston Price foundation's

thoughts.....

>

> Wow, I didnt know all this about cipro ! ! Lynn, I would

> definately ask if this is the only drug he thinks will rid you

> of this nasty bacteria.... ....

> Loveya ~ D

>

>

> click on the link at the bottom for other side effects.

> The True Story of Cipro

> By s Schuld, Small and Trent

> Recently, the pharmaceutical company Bayer was forced to recall

its fluorinated cholesterol- lowering drug Baycol (Cerivastatin) as

it had caused deaths and serious adverse health effects worldwide.1,

2, 3 Baycol had been found to cause muscle destruction and wasting--

a condition known as rhabdomyolysis- -and displayed compounded

toxicity when used with other drugs. It had been linked to at least

31 deaths.

> The adverse reactions documented with Baycol were largely

identical to those of numerous other fluorinated drugs--all of which

had been withdrawn from the market in recent years. 3

> As a result of the current anthrax scare, another fluorinated drug

called Cipro has received extensive media coverage and the name has

become familiar to millions almost overnight. As soon as the first

cases of anthrax resulting from suspicious mail became known, there

were wide reports of a hectic run on this drug.

> Mass hysteria seems present as governments, pharmacies and

individuals everywhere are stockpiling Cipro. Pharmacies are

reporting record sales, and on-line prescription services and

Internet sites are selling the drug at more than $7.00 per pill.

> People everywhere-- hyped into believing their flu-like symptoms

are caused by anthrax exposure and misinformed by irresponsible

media reports--are taking Cipro. Worse yet, they are giving it to

their children.

> What is Cipro?

> Cipro is ciprofloxacin, a fluorinated quinolone, belonging to a

class of fluorinated antibiotics which also include enoxacin,

fleroxacin, temafloxacin, grepafloxacin, norfloxacin, sparfloxacin,

tosufloxacin, lomefloxacin and ofloxacin.

> Ciprofloxacin has been in use since 1987 for a variety of other

indications and is the most widely used fluoroquinolone in humans

and animals worldwide.4

> In 2000, the FDA approved its use as a treatment for inhalational

anthrax under its " accelerated approval " regulations.5 The FDA had

actually taken the unusual step of urging Bayer-- the sole

manufacturer for all countries except India--to file for such

approval, supposedly in order to protect the public from future

terrorist attacks. The US Department of Defense had already ordered

reserves of Cipro during the 1991 Gulf War.6

> Adverse Effects

> Temafloxacin and grepafloxacin are two other fluoroquinolones now

withdrawn from the market because they had caused severe liver and

renal damage--and deaths, just like fluorinated drugs from other,

different classifications, such as Baycol.3 The same information

also exists for Cipro.

> Fatal liver failure associated with ciprofloxacin was reported in

the Lancet in 1994.7,8

> Ciprofloxacin has been implicated in several cases of acute renal

failure and is the fluoroquinolone most established to cause such

renal dysfunction.4,9,10,11

> Fluoride

> The most common side-effects due to Cipro, reported in 2-16

percent of cases, are gastrointestinal in nature and equal those

reported when children accidentally ingest " too much " fluoride from

their toothpaste. These symptoms include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting

and abdominal pain. Why?

> Ciprofloxacin administration always results in elevated serum

fluoride levels.12 In a series of tests evaluating the safety of

ciprofloxacin in children, serum fluoride levels increased after 12

hours in 79 percent of the children; on day 7 the 24-hour urinary

fluoride excretion was higher in 88.9 percent of children observed.12

> Rhabdomyolysis

> Just as in the case of Baycol and other fluorinated drugs, Cipro

can cause musculo-skeletal disorders such as rhabdomyolysis. Since

the introduction of fluoroquinolones on the market in 1987, more

than 200 cases of rhabdomyolysis, tendinitis, tendon rupture, etc.

have been reported in the literature.4,13,14,15

> In October 1994 the Japan Pharmaceutical Affairs Bureau was first

to amend the product information for fluoroquinolones to state that

rhabdomyolysis may occur.16

> In 1996, the FDA also issued directives to manufacturers to

include warning statements on all fluoroquinoline product inserts to

alert patients and caregivers to the potential for tendinitis and

tendon rupture.17 In the same year, the Sri Lanka Drug Evaluation

Sub-Committee decided that the product information sheet on

fluoroquinolone antibiotics should include the following

warning: " The onset of tendon pain calls for immediate withdrawal of

fluoroquinolone antibiotics. " 18

> Achilles tendon rupture was shown to occur even after withdrawal

of the drug with examination showing pathological ultrastructure

alteration in tendinocytes. Just as in other cases of fluoride

poisoning, studies in animals show that magnesium deficiency

aggravates the induced tendinopathy.14,19

> Fatal Drug Interactions

> Just as with Baycol, drug interactions with ciprofloxacin have

resulted in fatal outcomes due to potentiation of another drug¢s

effects including theophylline,4,20 methadone21 and warfarin.22

> Just like Baycol and other fluorinated drugs, ciprofloxacin is a

potent inhibitor of the thyroid hormone-regulated P 450 enzyme

system in the liver. Of all fluoroquinolones, ciprofloxacin and

enoxacin have shown the greatest inhibitory capacity.4

> P450 IA2 prevents the metabolism and inactivation of

methylxanthines, thereby causing increased serum concentrations of

drugs like theophylline (found in tea) and caffeine (found in coffee

and soft drinks), which in turn causes excess central nervous system

and cardiac stimulation. As mentioned above, Cipro also elevates

serum fluoride levels.

> The liver has been identified as a target organ of fluoroquinolone

toxicity in animal studies.23 As early as the 1930s, scientists at

Bayer and Knoll had discovered that all organic fluoride compounds

tested (including those used for fluoroquinolone production)

interfered with thyroid hormone activity in liver and muscle tissue.

Meanwhile, they also showed " anti-bacterial " activity. This led to

the development of many fluorinated medications, including the

numerous compounds then used very successfully in the treatment of

hyperthyroidism.24,25 A Dr. Kraft of the Knoll corporation invented

many fluorinated " medications. " When it was discovered that some of

these organic compounds had the same detrimental effects on teeth

and bone as inorganic fluoride (although much less actual F ion was

involved) he even filed patents on behalf of Knoll for use of these

compounds in dental preparations.26,27

> Pregnant women should never take ciprofloxacin. Cipro transfers

through the placenta. It inhibits P450 1A2 which has been shown to

be critical for neonatal survival as it influences the physiology of

respiration in neonates. Mice lacking this cytochrome died shortly

after birth and showed symptoms of severe respiratory distress.28

Respiratory distress is also a side-effect of ciprofloxacin in

adults.9 Cipro also transfers through breastmilk.

> Resistance to Bacteria

> Taking Ciprofloxacin can spur germs to mutate so that future

bacterial infections become untreatable. During the last decades a

dramatic increase in bacterial strains multiresistant to

antibiotics, particularly Cipro, has been reported.30,31,32 This

increase has led to the occurrence of incurable bacterial infections

with a fatal outcome, and a particularly serious problem in

connection with hospital-acquired infections.

> For example, Clostridium difficile has become one of the most

common acquired organisms in hospitals and longterm care

institutions. The organism typically infects patients whose normal

intestinal flora has been disturbed by the administration of a broad-

spectrum antibiotic such as Cipro. The diarrhea and inflammatory

colitis associated with infection represent a serious medical and

surgical complication leading to increased morbidity and mortality,

and prolonging hospital stays by an average of nearly three weeks.

This is especially true for the elderly and for patients with

serious underlying diseases who are the most likely to develop the

infection. Diarrhea associated with C. difficile represents a major

economic burden to the healthcare system, conservatively estimated

at $3-6 billion per year in excess hospital costs in the US alone.33

> The emergence of " antibiotic resistance " is a result of the

overwhelming use of antibiotics in human and veterinary medicine.

High rates of fluoroquinolone resistance have been reported in many

countries.30 For example, in Asia Cipro can no longer be used to

treat gonorrhea, because the disease has become resistant to the

drug.34

> While the FDA approved Cipro as the first-line treatment against

anthrax in August, 2000, a few months later, in October, 2000, it

asked Bayer to remove Baytril--its equivalent for animals.

> The FDA has also proposed banning the fluoroquinolones, which

chicken and turkey farmers have given to birds in their water since

1995 to help shield the animals from infection.. The agency acted

after linking the drugs to a large increase in Campylobacter

bacteria immune to the medications. Nearly 18 percent of one common

strain that infects humans is now immune to the very same drugs

which were considered the last line of defense against the infection.

> Campylobacter is the leading bacterial cause of food poisoning in

the United States. Typically contracted through raw or undercooked

meat, the germs afflict more than 2 million people and kill some 500

each year in the US, according to the CDC.

> While Abbot voluntarily withdrew its version of the antibiotic

(SaraFlox), Bayer decided to challenge the FDA. The company had the

option to comply with the proposed ban or seek a hearing to

determine whether such a move was justified. Bayer refused to comply

with the ban, a move that kicked off a lengthy process that could

take years.35 Meanwhile Bayer gets to poison the world, and make

huge profits from it.

> According to one report, the American Medical Association has

advised its members to prescribe Cipro very cautiously, citing the

fact that the worldwide problem of antibiotic resistance poses

future dangers worse than the anthrax attacks of today.34

> Photosensitivity

> Photosensitization can result when light interacts with chemical

agents in the skin and eyes. This process can produce undesirable

clinical consequences, such as phototoxicity( exaggerated sunburn),

photoallergy, or photo-carcinogenici ty. People receiving Cipro or

any other fluoroquinolone are warned on the product inserts not to

expose themselves to direct sunlight. Rashes develop on the areas

exposed.

> Upon UVA-irradiation, the " fluorine " of numerous fluoroquinolones

such as lomefloxacin and fleroxacin, are " lost " as fluoride.36

> According to a US government report, " We have discovered that

anions can activate visual photoreceptors in the dark. One anionic

activator is the commonly used dental agent fluoride. The data on in

vitro preparations indicate that these anions modulate photoreceptor

bio-chemistry and may affect photoreceptor sen-sitivity. . . " 38

> Medline has many articles on fluoride and G-protein-coupled

photoreceptor activation.35

> Fluoride Poisoning

> In summary, Cipro causes fluoride poisoning. But will any

practitioner know how to deal with this, considering that the

American Dental Association has shielded all practitioners from

proper knowledge of fluoride toxicity?

> http://www.westonap rice.org/ healthissues/ cipro.html

>

>

>

>

>

>

> The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards.

AOL Music takes you there.

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?

category=shopping

>

Hi Beth,

Was this presecribed to you by the doctor after surgery or something

you picked up yourself? Im just curious because i am currently on

vitamins that were sent to me by Dr Feng. They were the same one i

took that were supplied to me by my implanting surgeon as well so

now im curious if this is what i am taking as well. You would think

after all of this i would stop and look at what they rae goveing me

to take. I just assumed they came from Dr Feng so they are fine.

Thanks,

>

> Dede, O' my, I took this twice for my implant and explant

surgery. I knew i was bad BUT I did not know it was this bad. I

truely believe and always have beieve believed that the Cipro is

what aused my digestion issues. Thank you for sharing this info

with everyone. If anyone has any ideas on how to reverse or help

the effects of this drug. I noticed liver damage was common.....I

do not take a liver support but would like too. Is the Milk Thistle

the one that is reommened for liver support???? This report makes

me nervous...Lynn honey, please be careful with this antibiotics.

>

> Much Love,

> Beth

>

>

thoughts.....

>

> Wow, I didnt know all this about cipro ! ! Lynn, I would

> definately ask if this is the only drug he thinks will rid you

> of this nasty bacteria.... ....

> Loveya ~ D

>

>

> click on the link at the bottom for other side effects.

> The True Story of Cipro

> By s Schuld, Small and Trent

> Recently, the pharmaceutical company Bayer was forced to recall

its fluorinated cholesterol- lowering drug Baycol (Cerivastatin) as

it had caused deaths and serious adverse health effects worldwide.1,

2, 3 Baycol had been found to cause muscle destruction and wasting--

a condition known as rhabdomyolysis- -and displayed compounded

toxicity when used with other drugs. It had been linked to at least

31 deaths.

> The adverse reactions documented with Baycol were largely

identical to those of numerous other fluorinated drugs--all of which

had been withdrawn from the market in recent years. 3

> As a result of the current anthrax scare, another fluorinated drug

called Cipro has received extensive media coverage and the name has

become familiar to millions almost overnight. As soon as the first

cases of anthrax resulting from suspicious mail became known, there

were wide reports of a hectic run on this drug.

> Mass hysteria seems present as governments, pharmacies and

individuals everywhere are stockpiling Cipro. Pharmacies are

reporting record sales, and on-line prescription services and

Internet sites are selling the drug at more than $7.00 per pill.

> People everywhere-- hyped into believing their flu-like symptoms

are caused by anthrax exposure and misinformed by irresponsible

media reports--are taking Cipro. Worse yet, they are giving it to

their children.

> What is Cipro?

> Cipro is ciprofloxacin, a fluorinated quinolone, belonging to a

class of fluorinated antibiotics which also include enoxacin,

fleroxacin, temafloxacin, grepafloxacin, norfloxacin, sparfloxacin,

tosufloxacin, lomefloxacin and ofloxacin.

> Ciprofloxacin has been in use since 1987 for a variety of other

indications and is the most widely used fluoroquinolone in humans

and animals worldwide.4

> In 2000, the FDA approved its use as a treatment for inhalational

anthrax under its " accelerated approval " regulations.5 The FDA had

actually taken the unusual step of urging Bayer-- the sole

manufacturer for all countries except India--to file for such

approval, supposedly in order to protect the public from future

terrorist attacks. The US Department of Defense had already ordered

reserves of Cipro during the 1991 Gulf War.6

> Adverse Effects

> Temafloxacin and grepafloxacin are two other fluoroquinolones now

withdrawn from the market because they had caused severe liver and

renal damage--and deaths, just like fluorinated drugs from other,

different classifications, such as Baycol.3 The same information

also exists for Cipro.

> Fatal liver failure associated with ciprofloxacin was reported in

the Lancet in 1994.7,8

> Ciprofloxacin has been implicated in several cases of acute renal

failure and is the fluoroquinolone most established to cause such

renal dysfunction.4,9,10,11

> Fluoride

> The most common side-effects due to Cipro, reported in 2-16

percent of cases, are gastrointestinal in nature and equal those

reported when children accidentally ingest " too much " fluoride from

their toothpaste. These symptoms include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting

and abdominal pain. Why?

> Ciprofloxacin administration always results in elevated serum

fluoride levels.12 In a series of tests evaluating the safety of

ciprofloxacin in children, serum fluoride levels increased after 12

hours in 79 percent of the children; on day 7 the 24-hour urinary

fluoride excretion was higher in 88.9 percent of children observed.12

> Rhabdomyolysis

> Just as in the case of Baycol and other fluorinated drugs, Cipro

can cause musculo-skeletal disorders such as rhabdomyolysis. Since

the introduction of fluoroquinolones on the market in 1987, more

than 200 cases of rhabdomyolysis, tendinitis, tendon rupture, etc.

have been reported in the literature.4,13,14,15

> In October 1994 the Japan Pharmaceutical Affairs Bureau was first

to amend the product information for fluoroquinolones to state that

rhabdomyolysis may occur.16

> In 1996, the FDA also issued directives to manufacturers to

include warning statements on all fluoroquinoline product inserts to

alert patients and caregivers to the potential for tendinitis and

tendon rupture.17 In the same year, the Sri Lanka Drug Evaluation

Sub-Committee decided that the product information sheet on

fluoroquinolone antibiotics should include the following

warning: " The onset of tendon pain calls for immediate withdrawal of

fluoroquinolone antibiotics. " 18

> Achilles tendon rupture was shown to occur even after withdrawal

of the drug with examination showing pathological ultrastructure

alteration in tendinocytes. Just as in other cases of fluoride

poisoning, studies in animals show that magnesium deficiency

aggravates the induced tendinopathy.14,19

> Fatal Drug Interactions

> Just as with Baycol, drug interactions with ciprofloxacin have

resulted in fatal outcomes due to potentiation of another drug¢s

effects including theophylline,4,20 methadone21 and warfarin.22

> Just like Baycol and other fluorinated drugs, ciprofloxacin is a

potent inhibitor of the thyroid hormone-regulated P 450 enzyme

system in the liver. Of all fluoroquinolones, ciprofloxacin and

enoxacin have shown the greatest inhibitory capacity.4

> P450 IA2 prevents the metabolism and inactivation of

methylxanthines, thereby causing increased serum concentrations of

drugs like theophylline (found in tea) and caffeine (found in coffee

and soft drinks), which in turn causes excess central nervous system

and cardiac stimulation. As mentioned above, Cipro also elevates

serum fluoride levels.

> The liver has been identified as a target organ of fluoroquinolone

toxicity in animal studies.23 As early as the 1930s, scientists at

Bayer and Knoll had discovered that all organic fluoride compounds

tested (including those used for fluoroquinolone production)

interfered with thyroid hormone activity in liver and muscle tissue.

Meanwhile, they also showed " anti-bacterial " activity. This led to

the development of many fluorinated medications, including the

numerous compounds then used very successfully in the treatment of

hyperthyroidism.24,25 A Dr. Kraft of the Knoll corporation invented

many fluorinated " medications. " When it was discovered that some of

these organic compounds had the same detrimental effects on teeth

and bone as inorganic fluoride (although much less actual F ion was

involved) he even filed patents on behalf of Knoll for use of these

compounds in dental preparations.26,27

> Pregnant women should never take ciprofloxacin. Cipro transfers

through the placenta. It inhibits P450 1A2 which has been shown to

be critical for neonatal survival as it influences the physiology of

respiration in neonates. Mice lacking this cytochrome died shortly

after birth and showed symptoms of severe respiratory distress.28

Respiratory distress is also a side-effect of ciprofloxacin in

adults.9 Cipro also transfers through breastmilk.

> Resistance to Bacteria

> Taking Ciprofloxacin can spur germs to mutate so that future

bacterial infections become untreatable. During the last decades a

dramatic increase in bacterial strains multiresistant to

antibiotics, particularly Cipro, has been reported.30,31,32 This

increase has led to the occurrence of incurable bacterial infections

with a fatal outcome, and a particularly serious problem in

connection with hospital-acquired infections.

> For example, Clostridium difficile has become one of the most

common acquired organisms in hospitals and longterm care

institutions. The organism typically infects patients whose normal

intestinal flora has been disturbed by the administration of a broad-

spectrum antibiotic such as Cipro. The diarrhea and inflammatory

colitis associated with infection represent a serious medical and

surgical complication leading to increased morbidity and mortality,

and prolonging hospital stays by an average of nearly three weeks.

This is especially true for the elderly and for patients with

serious underlying diseases who are the most likely to develop the

infection. Diarrhea associated with C. difficile represents a major

economic burden to the healthcare system, conservatively estimated

at $3-6 billion per year in excess hospital costs in the US alone.33

> The emergence of " antibiotic resistance " is a result of the

overwhelming use of antibiotics in human and veterinary medicine.

High rates of fluoroquinolone resistance have been reported in many

countries.30 For example, in Asia Cipro can no longer be used to

treat gonorrhea, because the disease has become resistant to the

drug.34

> While the FDA approved Cipro as the first-line treatment against

anthrax in August, 2000, a few months later, in October, 2000, it

asked Bayer to remove Baytril--its equivalent for animals.

> The FDA has also proposed banning the fluoroquinolones, which

chicken and turkey farmers have given to birds in their water since

1995 to help shield the animals from infection.. The agency acted

after linking the drugs to a large increase in Campylobacter

bacteria immune to the medications. Nearly 18 percent of one common

strain that infects humans is now immune to the very same drugs

which were considered the last line of defense against the infection.

> Campylobacter is the leading bacterial cause of food poisoning in

the United States. Typically contracted through raw or undercooked

meat, the germs afflict more than 2 million people and kill some 500

each year in the US, according to the CDC.

> While Abbot voluntarily withdrew its version of the antibiotic

(SaraFlox), Bayer decided to challenge the FDA. The company had the

option to comply with the proposed ban or seek a hearing to

determine whether such a move was justified. Bayer refused to comply

with the ban, a move that kicked off a lengthy process that could

take years.35 Meanwhile Bayer gets to poison the world, and make

huge profits from it.

> According to one report, the American Medical Association has

advised its members to prescribe Cipro very cautiously, citing the

fact that the worldwide problem of antibiotic resistance poses

future dangers worse than the anthrax attacks of today.34

> Photosensitivity

> Photosensitization can result when light interacts with chemical

agents in the skin and eyes. This process can produce undesirable

clinical consequences, such as phototoxicity( exaggerated sunburn),

photoallergy, or photo-carcinogenici ty. People receiving Cipro or

any other fluoroquinolone are warned on the product inserts not to

expose themselves to direct sunlight. Rashes develop on the areas

exposed.

> Upon UVA-irradiation, the " fluorine " of numerous fluoroquinolones

such as lomefloxacin and fleroxacin, are " lost " as fluoride.36

> According to a US government report, " We have discovered that

anions can activate visual photoreceptors in the dark. One anionic

activator is the commonly used dental agent fluoride. The data on in

vitro preparations indicate that these anions modulate photoreceptor

bio-chemistry and may affect photoreceptor sen-sitivity. . . " 38

> Medline has many articles on fluoride and G-protein-coupled

photoreceptor activation.35

> Fluoride Poisoning

> In summary, Cipro causes fluoride poisoning. But will any

practitioner know how to deal with this, considering that the

American Dental Association has shielded all practitioners from

proper knowledge of fluoride toxicity?

> http://www.westonap rice.org/ healthissues/ cipro.html

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?

category=shopping

>

The inflammation that you take under your tongue in Arnica Montana 30x its all natural and homeopathic so dont worry about that.

Love

In a message dated 2/15/2008 12:17:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lisatucholski@... writes:

No this is not an antibiotic. The vitamins she gave me contains 3 pills i have to take in the morning, 3 at night and then i am going to be on something that i have to put under my tongue to deslove for afetr the surgery. I know it starts with "an" but that s all i know. I would have to check the bottle. I believe it is to combat inflamation.> >> > Dede, O' my, I took this twice for my implant and explant > surgery. I knew i was bad BUT I did not know it was this bad. I > truely believe and always have beieve believed that the Cipro is > what aused my digestion issues. Thank you for sharing this info > with everyone. If anyone has any ideas on how to reverse or help > the effects of this drug. I noticed liver damage was common.....I > do not take a liver support but would like too. Is the Milk Thistle > the one that is reommened for liver support???? This report makes > me nervous...Lynn honey, please be careful with this antibiotics.> > > > Much Love,> > Beth> > > > > > C I P R O ...Weston Price foundation's > thoughts.... .> > > > Wow, I didnt know all this about cipro ! ! Lynn, I would> > definately ask if this is the only drug he thinks will rid you> > of this nasty bacteria.... .....> > Loveya ~ D> > > > > > click on the link at the bottom for other side effects.> > The True Story of Cipro> > By s Schuld, Small and Trent > > Recently, the pharmaceutical company Bayer was forced to recall > its fluorinated cholesterol- lowering drug Baycol (Cerivastatin) as > it had caused deaths and serious adverse health effects worldwide..1, > 2, 3 Baycol had been found to cause muscle destruction and wasting--> a condition known as rhabdomyolysis- -and displayed compounded > toxicity when used with other drugs. It had been linked to at least > 31 deaths.> > The adverse reactions documented with Baycol were largely > identical to those of numerous other fluorinated drugs--all of which > had been withdrawn from the market in recent years. 3> > As a result of the current anthrax scare, another fluorinated drug > called Cipro has received extensive media coverage and the name has > become familiar to millions almost overnight. As soon as the first > cases of anthrax resulting from suspicious mail became known, there > were wide reports of a hectic run on this drug. > > Mass hysteria seems present as governments, pharmacies and > individuals everywhere are stockpiling Cipro. Pharmacies are > reporting record sales, and on-line prescription services and > Internet sites are selling the drug at more than $7.00 per pill.> > People everywhere-- hyped into believing their flu-like symptoms > are caused by anthrax exposure and misinformed by irresponsible > media reports--are taking Cipro. Worse yet, they are giving it to > their children.> > What is Cipro?> > Cipro is ciprofloxacin, a fluorinated quinolone, belonging to a > class of fluorinated antibiotics which also include enoxacin, > fleroxacin, temafloxacin, grepafloxacin, norfloxacin, sparfloxacin, > tosufloxacin, lomefloxacin and ofloxacin.> > Ciprofloxacin has been in use since 1987 for a variety of other > indications and is the most widely used fluoroquinolone in humans > and animals worldwide.4> > In 2000, the FDA approved its use as a treatment for inhalational > anthrax under its "accelerated approval" regulations. 5 The FDA had > actually taken the unusual step of urging Bayer-- the sole > manufacturer for all countries except India--to file for such > approval, supposedly in order to protect the public from future > terrorist attacks. The US Department of Defense had already ordered > reserves of Cipro during the 1991 Gulf War.6> > Adverse Effects> > Temafloxacin and grepafloxacin are two other fluoroquinolones now > withdrawn from the market because they had caused severe liver and > renal damage--and deaths, just like fluorinated drugs from other, > different classifications, such as Baycol.3 The same information > also exists for Cipro.> > Fatal liver failure associated with ciprofloxacin was reported in > the Lancet in 1994.7,8> > Ciprofloxacin has been implicated in several cases of acute renal > failure and is the fluoroquinolone most established to cause such > renal dysfunction.. 4,9,10,11> > Fluoride> > The most common side-effects due to Cipro, reported in 2-16 > percent of cases, are gastrointestinal in nature and equal those > reported when children accidentally ingest "too much" fluoride from > their toothpaste. These symptoms include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting > and abdominal pain. Why?> > Ciprofloxacin administration always results in elevated serum > fluoride levels.12 In a series of tests evaluating the safety of > ciprofloxacin in children, serum fluoride levels increased after 12 > hours in 79 percent of the children; on day 7 the 24-hour urinary > fluoride excretion was higher in 88.9 percent of children observed.12> > Rhabdomyolysis> > Just as in the case of Baycol and other fluorinated drugs, Cipro > can cause musculo-skeletal disorders such as rhabdomyolysis. Since > the introduction of fluoroquinolones on the market in 1987, more > than 200 cases of rhabdomyolysis, tendinitis, tendon rupture, etc. > have been reported in the literature.4, 13,14,15> > In October 1994 the Japan Pharmaceutical Affairs Bureau was first > to amend the product information for fluoroquinolones to state that > rhabdomyolysis may occur.16> > In 1996, the FDA also issued directives to manufacturers to > include warning statements on all fluoroquinoline product inserts to > alert patients and caregivers to the potential for tendinitis and > tendon rupture.17 In the same year, the Sri Lanka Drug Evaluation > Sub-Committee decided that the product information sheet on > fluoroquinolone antibiotics should include the following > warning: "The onset of tendon pain calls for immediate withdrawal of > fluoroquinolone antibiotics. "18> > Achilles tendon rupture was shown to occur even after withdrawal > of the drug with examination showing pathological ultrastructure > alteration in tendinocytes. Just as in other cases of fluoride > poisoning, studies in animals show that magnesium deficiency > aggravates the induced tendinopathy. 14,19> > Fatal Drug Interactions> > Just as with Baycol, drug interactions with ciprofloxacin have > resulted in fatal outcomes due to potentiation of another drug¢s > effects including theophylline, 4,20 methadone21 and warfarin.22 > > Just like Baycol and other fluorinated drugs, ciprofloxacin is a > potent inhibitor of the thyroid hormone-regulated P 450 enzyme > system in the liver. Of all fluoroquinolones, ciprofloxacin and > enoxacin have shown the greatest inhibitory capacity.4> > P450 IA2 prevents the metabolism and inactivation of > methylxanthines, thereby causing increased serum concentrations of > drugs like theophylline (found in tea) and caffeine (found in coffee > and soft drinks), which in turn causes excess central nervous system > and cardiac stimulation. As mentioned above, Cipro also elevates > serum fluoride levels.> > The liver has been identified as a target organ of fluoroquinolone > toxicity in animal studies.23 As early as the 1930s, scientists at > Bayer and Knoll had discovered that all organic fluoride compounds > tested (including those used for fluoroquinolone production) > interfered with thyroid hormone activity in liver and muscle tissue. > Meanwhile, they also showed "anti-bacterial" activity. This led to > the development of many fluorinated medications, including the > numerous compounds then used very successfully in the treatment of > hyperthyroidism. 24,25 A Dr. Kraft of the Knoll corporation invented > many fluorinated "medications. " When it was discovered that some of > these organic compounds had the same detrimental effects on teeth > and bone as inorganic fluoride (although much less actual F ion was > involved) he even filed patents on behalf of Knoll for use of these > compounds in dental preparations. 26,27> > Pregnant women should never take ciprofloxacin. Cipro transfers > through the placenta. It inhibits P450 1A2 which has been shown to > be critical for neonatal survival as it influences the physiology of > respiration in neonates. Mice lacking this cytochrome died shortly > after birth and showed symptoms of severe respiratory distress.28 > Respiratory distress is also a side-effect of ciprofloxacin in > adults.9 Cipro also transfers through breastmilk.> > Resistance to Bacteria> > Taking Ciprofloxacin can spur germs to mutate so that future > bacterial infections become untreatable. During the last decades a > dramatic increase in bacterial strains multiresistant to > antibiotics, particularly Cipro, has been reported.30, 31,32 This > increase has led to the occurrence of incurable bacterial infections > with a fatal outcome, and a particularly serious problem in > connection with hospital-acquired infections.> > For example, Clostridium difficile has become one of the most > common acquired organisms in hospitals and longterm care > institutions. The organism typically infects patients whose normal > intestinal flora has been disturbed by the administration of a broad-> spectrum antibiotic such as Cipro. The diarrhea and inflammatory > colitis associated with infection represent a serious medical and > surgical complication leading to increased morbidity and mortality, > and prolonging hospital stays by an average of nearly three weeks. > This is especially true for the elderly and for patients with > serious underlying diseases who are the most likely to develop the > infection. Diarrhea associated with C. difficile represents a major > economic burden to the healthcare system, conservatively estimated > at $3-6 billion per year in excess hospital costs in the US alone.33> > The emergence of "antibiotic resistance" is a result of the > overwhelming use of antibiotics in human and veterinary medicine. > High rates of fluoroquinolone resistance have been reported in many > countries.30 For example, in Asia Cipro can no longer be used to > treat gonorrhea, because the disease has become resistant to the > drug.34> > While the FDA approved Cipro as the first-line treatment against > anthrax in August, 2000, a few months later, in October, 2000, it > asked Bayer to remove Baytril--its equivalent for animals.> > The FDA has also proposed banning the fluoroquinolones, which > chicken and turkey farmers have given to birds in their water since > 1995 to help shield the animals from infection.. The agency acted > after linking the drugs to a large increase in Campylobacter > bacteria immune to the medications. Nearly 18 percent of one common > strain that infects humans is now immune to the very same drugs > which were considered the last line of defense against the infection.> > Campylobacter is the leading bacterial cause of food poisoning in > the United States. Typically contracted through raw or undercooked > meat, the germs afflict more than 2 million people and kill some 500 > each year in the US, according to the CDC.> > While Abbot voluntarily withdrew its version of the antibiotic > (SaraFlox), Bayer decided to challenge the FDA. The company had the > option to comply with the proposed ban or seek a hearing to > determine whether such a move was justified. Bayer refused to comply > with the ban, a move that kicked off a lengthy process that could > take years.35 Meanwhile Bayer gets to poison the world, and make > huge profits from it. > > According to one report, the American Medical Association has > advised its members to prescribe Cipro very cautiously, citing the > fact that the worldwide problem of antibiotic resistance poses > future dangers worse than the anthrax attacks of today.34> > Photosensitivity> > Photosensitization can result when light interacts with chemical > agents in the skin and eyes. This process can produce undesirable > clinical consequences, such as phototoxicity( exaggerated sunburn), > photoallergy, or photo-carcinogenici ty. People receiving Cipro or > any other fluoroquinolone are warned on the product inserts not to > expose themselves to direct sunlight. Rashes develop on the areas > exposed.> > Upon UVA-irradiation, the "fluorine" of numerous fluoroquinolones > such as lomefloxacin and fleroxacin, are "lost" as fluoride.36> > According to a US government report, "We have discovered that > anions can activate visual photoreceptors in the dark. One anionic > activator is the commonly used dental agent fluoride. The data on in > vitro preparations indicate that these anions modulate photoreceptor > bio-chemistry and may affect photoreceptor sen-sitivity. . . "38> > Medline has many articles on fluoride and G-protein-coupled > photoreceptor activation.35> > Fluoride Poisoning> > In summary, Cipro causes fluoride poisoning. But will any > practitioner know how to deal with this, considering that the > American Dental Association has shielded all practitioners from > proper knowledge of fluoride toxicity?> > http://www.westonap rice.org/ healthissues/ cipro.html> > > > > > > > > > > > > > The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. > AOL Music takes you there.> > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> ____________ ___> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? > > Find them fast with Search. > http://tools. search.. com/newsearch/ category. php?> category=shopping> >> > > > > > _________________________________________________________________________> Never miss a thing. Make your home page. > http://www./r/hs> The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.

The inflammation that you take under your tongue in Arnica Montana 30x its all natural and homeopathic so dont worry about that.

Love

In a message dated 2/15/2008 12:17:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lisatucholski@... writes:

No this is not an antibiotic. The vitamins she gave me contains 3 pills i have to take in the morning, 3 at night and then i am going to be on something that i have to put under my tongue to deslove for afetr the surgery. I know it starts with "an" but that s all i know. I would have to check the bottle. I believe it is to combat inflamation.> >> > Dede, O' my, I took this twice for my implant and explant > surgery. I knew i was bad BUT I did not know it was this bad. I > truely believe and always have beieve believed that the Cipro is > what aused my digestion issues. Thank you for sharing this info > with everyone. If anyone has any ideas on how to reverse or help > the effects of this drug. I noticed liver damage was common.....I > do not take a liver support but would like too. Is the Milk Thistle > the one that is reommened for liver support???? This report makes > me nervous...Lynn honey, please be careful with this antibiotics.> > > > Much Love,> > Beth> > > > > > C I P R O ...Weston Price foundation's > thoughts.... .> > > > Wow, I didnt know all this about cipro ! ! Lynn, I would> > definately ask if this is the only drug he thinks will rid you> > of this nasty bacteria.... .....> > Loveya ~ D> > > > > > click on the link at the bottom for other side effects.> > The True Story of Cipro> > By s Schuld, Small and Trent > > Recently, the pharmaceutical company Bayer was forced to recall > its fluorinated cholesterol- lowering drug Baycol (Cerivastatin) as > it had caused deaths and serious adverse health effects worldwide..1, > 2, 3 Baycol had been found to cause muscle destruction and wasting--> a condition known as rhabdomyolysis- -and displayed compounded > toxicity when used with other drugs. It had been linked to at least > 31 deaths.> > The adverse reactions documented with Baycol were largely > identical to those of numerous other fluorinated drugs--all of which > had been withdrawn from the market in recent years. 3> > As a result of the current anthrax scare, another fluorinated drug > called Cipro has received extensive media coverage and the name has > become familiar to millions almost overnight. As soon as the first > cases of anthrax resulting from suspicious mail became known, there > were wide reports of a hectic run on this drug. > > Mass hysteria seems present as governments, pharmacies and > individuals everywhere are stockpiling Cipro. Pharmacies are > reporting record sales, and on-line prescription services and > Internet sites are selling the drug at more than $7.00 per pill.> > People everywhere-- hyped into believing their flu-like symptoms > are caused by anthrax exposure and misinformed by irresponsible > media reports--are taking Cipro. Worse yet, they are giving it to > their children.> > What is Cipro?> > Cipro is ciprofloxacin, a fluorinated quinolone, belonging to a > class of fluorinated antibiotics which also include enoxacin, > fleroxacin, temafloxacin, grepafloxacin, norfloxacin, sparfloxacin, > tosufloxacin, lomefloxacin and ofloxacin.> > Ciprofloxacin has been in use since 1987 for a variety of other > indications and is the most widely used fluoroquinolone in humans > and animals worldwide.4> > In 2000, the FDA approved its use as a treatment for inhalational > anthrax under its "accelerated approval" regulations. 5 The FDA had > actually taken the unusual step of urging Bayer-- the sole > manufacturer for all countries except India--to file for such > approval, supposedly in order to protect the public from future > terrorist attacks. The US Department of Defense had already ordered > reserves of Cipro during the 1991 Gulf War.6> > Adverse Effects> > Temafloxacin and grepafloxacin are two other fluoroquinolones now > withdrawn from the market because they had caused severe liver and > renal damage--and deaths, just like fluorinated drugs from other, > different classifications, such as Baycol.3 The same information > also exists for Cipro.> > Fatal liver failure associated with ciprofloxacin was reported in > the Lancet in 1994.7,8> > Ciprofloxacin has been implicated in several cases of acute renal > failure and is the fluoroquinolone most established to cause such > renal dysfunction.. 4,9,10,11> > Fluoride> > The most common side-effects due to Cipro, reported in 2-16 > percent of cases, are gastrointestinal in nature and equal those > reported when children accidentally ingest "too much" fluoride from > their toothpaste. These symptoms include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting > and abdominal pain. Why?> > Ciprofloxacin administration always results in elevated serum > fluoride levels.12 In a series of tests evaluating the safety of > ciprofloxacin in children, serum fluoride levels increased after 12 > hours in 79 percent of the children; on day 7 the 24-hour urinary > fluoride excretion was higher in 88.9 percent of children observed.12> > Rhabdomyolysis> > Just as in the case of Baycol and other fluorinated drugs, Cipro > can cause musculo-skeletal disorders such as rhabdomyolysis. Since > the introduction of fluoroquinolones on the market in 1987, more > than 200 cases of rhabdomyolysis, tendinitis, tendon rupture, etc. > have been reported in the literature.4, 13,14,15> > In October 1994 the Japan Pharmaceutical Affairs Bureau was first > to amend the product information for fluoroquinolones to state that > rhabdomyolysis may occur.16> > In 1996, the FDA also issued directives to manufacturers to > include warning statements on all fluoroquinoline product inserts to > alert patients and caregivers to the potential for tendinitis and > tendon rupture.17 In the same year, the Sri Lanka Drug Evaluation > Sub-Committee decided that the product information sheet on > fluoroquinolone antibiotics should include the following > warning: "The onset of tendon pain calls for immediate withdrawal of > fluoroquinolone antibiotics. "18> > Achilles tendon rupture was shown to occur even after withdrawal > of the drug with examination showing pathological ultrastructure > alteration in tendinocytes. Just as in other cases of fluoride > poisoning, studies in animals show that magnesium deficiency > aggravates the induced tendinopathy. 14,19> > Fatal Drug Interactions> > Just as with Baycol, drug interactions with ciprofloxacin have > resulted in fatal outcomes due to potentiation of another drug¢s > effects including theophylline, 4,20 methadone21 and warfarin.22 > > Just like Baycol and other fluorinated drugs, ciprofloxacin is a > potent inhibitor of the thyroid hormone-regulated P 450 enzyme > system in the liver. Of all fluoroquinolones, ciprofloxacin and > enoxacin have shown the greatest inhibitory capacity.4> > P450 IA2 prevents the metabolism and inactivation of > methylxanthines, thereby causing increased serum concentrations of > drugs like theophylline (found in tea) and caffeine (found in coffee > and soft drinks), which in turn causes excess central nervous system > and cardiac stimulation. As mentioned above, Cipro also elevates > serum fluoride levels.> > The liver has been identified as a target organ of fluoroquinolone > toxicity in animal studies.23 As early as the 1930s, scientists at > Bayer and Knoll had discovered that all organic fluoride compounds > tested (including those used for fluoroquinolone production) > interfered with thyroid hormone activity in liver and muscle tissue. > Meanwhile, they also showed "anti-bacterial" activity. This led to > the development of many fluorinated medications, including the > numerous compounds then used very successfully in the treatment of > hyperthyroidism. 24,25 A Dr. Kraft of the Knoll corporation invented > many fluorinated "medications. " When it was discovered that some of > these organic compounds had the same detrimental effects on teeth > and bone as inorganic fluoride (although much less actual F ion was > involved) he even filed patents on behalf of Knoll for use of these > compounds in dental preparations. 26,27> > Pregnant women should never take ciprofloxacin. Cipro transfers > through the placenta. It inhibits P450 1A2 which has been shown to > be critical for neonatal survival as it influences the physiology of > respiration in neonates. Mice lacking this cytochrome died shortly > after birth and showed symptoms of severe respiratory distress.28 > Respiratory distress is also a side-effect of ciprofloxacin in > adults.9 Cipro also transfers through breastmilk.> > Resistance to Bacteria> > Taking Ciprofloxacin can spur germs to mutate so that future > bacterial infections become untreatable. During the last decades a > dramatic increase in bacterial strains multiresistant to > antibiotics, particularly Cipro, has been reported.30, 31,32 This > increase has led to the occurrence of incurable bacterial infections > with a fatal outcome, and a particularly serious problem in > connection with hospital-acquired infections.> > For example, Clostridium difficile has become one of the most > common acquired organisms in hospitals and longterm care > institutions. The organism typically infects patients whose normal > intestinal flora has been disturbed by the administration of a broad-> spectrum antibiotic such as Cipro. The diarrhea and inflammatory > colitis associated with infection represent a serious medical and > surgical complication leading to increased morbidity and mortality, > and prolonging hospital stays by an average of nearly three weeks. > This is especially true for the elderly and for patients with > serious underlying diseases who are the most likely to develop the > infection. Diarrhea associated with C. difficile represents a major > economic burden to the healthcare system, conservatively estimated > at $3-6 billion per year in excess hospital costs in the US alone.33> > The emergence of "antibiotic resistance" is a result of the > overwhelming use of antibiotics in human and veterinary medicine. > High rates of fluoroquinolone resistance have been reported in many > countries.30 For example, in Asia Cipro can no longer be used to > treat gonorrhea, because the disease has become resistant to the > drug.34> > While the FDA approved Cipro as the first-line treatment against > anthrax in August, 2000, a few months later, in October, 2000, it > asked Bayer to remove Baytril--its equivalent for animals.> > The FDA has also proposed banning the fluoroquinolones, which > chicken and turkey farmers have given to birds in their water since > 1995 to help shield the animals from infection.. The agency acted > after linking the drugs to a large increase in Campylobacter > bacteria immune to the medications. Nearly 18 percent of one common > strain that infects humans is now immune to the very same drugs > which were considered the last line of defense against the infection.> > Campylobacter is the leading bacterial cause of food poisoning in > the United States. Typically contracted through raw or undercooked > meat, the germs afflict more than 2 million people and kill some 500 > each year in the US, according to the CDC.> > While Abbot voluntarily withdrew its version of the antibiotic > (SaraFlox), Bayer decided to challenge the FDA. The company had the > option to comply with the proposed ban or seek a hearing to > determine whether such a move was justified. Bayer refused to comply > with the ban, a move that kicked off a lengthy process that could > take years.35 Meanwhile Bayer gets to poison the world, and make > huge profits from it. > > According to one report, the American Medical Association has > advised its members to prescribe Cipro very cautiously, citing the > fact that the worldwide problem of antibiotic resistance poses > future dangers worse than the anthrax attacks of today.34> > Photosensitivity> > Photosensitization can result when light interacts with chemical > agents in the skin and eyes. This process can produce undesirable > clinical consequences, such as phototoxicity( exaggerated sunburn), > photoallergy, or photo-carcinogenici ty. People receiving Cipro or > any other fluoroquinolone are warned on the product inserts not to > expose themselves to direct sunlight. Rashes develop on the areas > exposed.> > Upon UVA-irradiation, the "fluorine" of numerous fluoroquinolones > such as lomefloxacin and fleroxacin, are "lost" as fluoride.36> > According to a US government report, "We have discovered that > anions can activate visual photoreceptors in the dark. One anionic > activator is the commonly used dental agent fluoride. The data on in > vitro preparations indicate that these anions modulate photoreceptor > bio-chemistry and may affect photoreceptor sen-sitivity. . . "38> > Medline has many articles on fluoride and G-protein-coupled > photoreceptor activation.35> > Fluoride Poisoning> > In summary, Cipro causes fluoride poisoning. But will any > practitioner know how to deal with this, considering that the > American Dental Association has shielded all practitioners from > proper knowledge of fluoride toxicity?> > http://www.westonap rice.org/ healthissues/ cipro.html> > > > > > > > > > > > > > The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. > AOL Music takes you there.> > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> ____________ ___> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? > > Find them fast with Search. > http://tools. search.. com/newsearch/ category. php?> category=shopping> >> > > > > > _________________________________________________________________________> Never miss a thing. Make your home page. > http://www./r/hs> The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.

Dede - we seem to have alot on common. I am married BUT i am basially a single mom of 2 children ages 3 and 1. It is along dtory but I have been taking are of my kids by myself for 15 months now. My hubby left for a job that took him overseas when our youngest was only 3 months old. It has been hard and alot of my stress comes from trying to take care of the kids and all the housework. I am a neat-freak and can not stand a dirty/cluttered house so as you can imagine with 2 kids, I get stressed easily. However, I have tried to let go of being so darn neat all the time. It is impossible with my kids and all thier toys. I figure in a ouple years I will regain my house :)

I also struggle with some issues of moving with my hubby. It is a LONG story but I am getting there....slowly.

I am doing pretty good. Just trying to get my digestion figured out. I want to get it healed so I can lay off some of my supplements. The cost is to muh for us right now but if I do not take them, I go right back to having diarrhea.....

I am looking into reading some inspirational books to try to give me a better, more postive attitude.

Much Love,

Beth

Beth ~

You are welcome ! I am still learning how

to deal with stress it myself. Being a single

mom of 2 when all my illness started, I worried

about every single thing and then some. I worried

for other people and things not related to me or

anything about me.

It wasnt til a couple years ago, I figured out it wasnt

my job to do all that worrying, and it was taking a toll

on my already ill body. So, I got creative and started

playing with my head, and thoughts. Sometimes it works

and sometimes I still have to work at it.

I am doing ok. All considered, with all that is

going on, I am alive and kicking ! Thank you for asking !

and your well wishes. How are you feeling ? ?

Hugs N Prayers ~ Love Dede

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Dede - we seem to have alot on common. I am married BUT i am basially a single mom of 2 children ages 3 and 1. It is along dtory but I have been taking are of my kids by myself for 15 months now. My hubby left for a job that took him overseas when our youngest was only 3 months old. It has been hard and alot of my stress comes from trying to take care of the kids and all the housework. I am a neat-freak and can not stand a dirty/cluttered house so as you can imagine with 2 kids, I get stressed easily. However, I have tried to let go of being so darn neat all the time. It is impossible with my kids and all thier toys. I figure in a ouple years I will regain my house :)

I also struggle with some issues of moving with my hubby. It is a LONG story but I am getting there....slowly.

I am doing pretty good. Just trying to get my digestion figured out. I want to get it healed so I can lay off some of my supplements. The cost is to muh for us right now but if I do not take them, I go right back to having diarrhea.....

I am looking into reading some inspirational books to try to give me a better, more postive attitude.

Much Love,

Beth

Beth ~

anything about me.

Beth,

Have you tried home made Kefir yet? . . . The cost is reasonable (well, as reasonable as a glass of milk), and it should be easy on your stomach. Excellent nutrition as well.

BTW, the time you put into teaching your kids to be neat - and to put up their toys - now, will be time well spent when the kids are older! . . .

It's a pain right now though! Especially when you don't feel well.

Hugs,

Rogene

C I P R O ...Weston Price foundation's thoughts.... .

Beth ~

anything about me.

Beth,

Have you tried home made Kefir yet? . . . The cost is reasonable (well, as reasonable as a glass of milk), and it should be easy on your stomach. Excellent nutrition as well.

BTW, the time you put into teaching your kids to be neat - and to put up their toys - now, will be time well spent when the kids are older! . . .

It's a pain right now though! Especially when you don't feel well.

Hugs,

Rogene

Beth ~

anything about me.

a ~

Sounds like you have such a good

outlook for all this, that is awesome.

Not long and you will be on your

healing journey. Very exciting !

Hugs ~ DedeThe year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.

a ~

Sounds like you have such a good

outlook for all this, that is awesome.

Not long and you will be on your

healing journey. Very exciting !

Hugs ~ DedeThe year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.

Rogene - No, I have not tried home made Kefir. I have bought some at the stoire and I actually like it but I get the strawberry. I bought the plain and it was very lumpy. I will go back through the posts and try to find the ones that talked about making your own. I think those post were going aroundw while I was sick with the flu. I read them but did not save them. If it is easy, I will try it.

Thanks for not thinking I am crazy for making my kids pick up. They are 3 1/2 and 17 months and I even make my 17 month old help pick up. I gifure if he is old enugh to make the mess he is old enough to pick up. Actually, both of my kids like to help clean. They have toy sweepers and brooms and they love to "mock" me. My 3 1/2 yr old helps me with dishes, helps me dust and things like that. He gets mad if I do not include him on the cleaning. Most of my friends with kids think I am crazy for leaning up so much and for making them help me. I have my kids put the toys back where they go...not just throw them in their toy boxes. I think it is good skills to teah now for the future BUT I do get a little crazy about clutter......I know I do. I like a clean, neat house!!!!

Much Love,

Beth

Beth ~

anything about me.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Rogene - No, I have not tried home made Kefir. I have bought some at the stoire and I actually like it but I get the strawberry. I bought the plain and it was very lumpy. I will go back through the posts and try to find the ones that talked about making your own. I think those post were going aroundw while I was sick with the flu. I read them but did not save them. If it is easy, I will try it.

Thanks for not thinking I am crazy for making my kids pick up. They are 3 1/2 and 17 months and I even make my 17 month old help pick up. I gifure if he is old enugh to make the mess he is old enough to pick up. Actually, both of my kids like to help clean. They have toy sweepers and brooms and they love to "mock" me. My 3 1/2 yr old helps me with dishes, helps me dust and things like that. He gets mad if I do not include him on the cleaning. Most of my friends with kids think I am crazy for leaning up so much and for making them help me. I have my kids put the toys back where they go...not just throw them in their toy boxes. I think it is good skills to teah now for the future BUT I do get a little crazy about clutter......I know I do. I like a clean, neat house!!!!

Much Love,

Beth

Beth ~

anything about me.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Beth,

I just wish I had been tougher on my kids about picking up after themselves! . . .

When they're taught early, it (usually) sticks with them for life . . . A lot of other good habits come with it . . . organization, organized thinking, scheduling, planning, etc. . .

Your kids have no idea how important these little chores will turn out to be!

However, you can carry it too far! . . . Don't become obsessed either! . . . Take time to enjoy yourself. You're not a slave to your house.

Hugs,

Rogene

Beth,

I just wish I had been tougher on my kids about picking up after themselves! . . .

When they're taught early, it (usually) sticks with them for life . . . A lot of other good habits come with it . . . organization, organized thinking, scheduling, planning, etc. . .

Your kids have no idea how important these little chores will turn out to be!

However, you can carry it too far! . . . Don't become obsessed either! . . . Take time to enjoy yourself. You're not a slave to your house.

Hugs,

Rogene

Hi Beth,

I read that you are looking into inspirational books. I am currently

reading a book by Louise Hay called " You can heal your life " . It's

really good, one of the best law of attraction books I have read, I

really recommend it. I also ordered some some cards that Louise has

come out with called " I can do it " . Their affirmations and

inspiration cards that you can pull out and read one everyday. I

like those too. Helps keep your mind staying postive instead of

always reverting back to being negative. You have to apply what she

recommends into your life in order for it to work though.

Hugs,

Cherie

>

> Dede - we seem to have alot on common. I am married BUT i am

basially a single mom of 2 children ages 3 and 1. It is along dtory

but I have been taking are of my kids by myself for 15 months now.

My hubby left for a job that took him overseas when our youngest was

only 3 months old. It has been hard and alot of my stress comes from

trying to take care of the kids and all the housework. I am a neat-

freak and can not stand a dirty/cluttered house so as you can imagine

with 2 kids, I get stressed easily. However, I have tried to let go

of being so darn neat all the time. It is impossible with my kids

and all thier toys. I figure in a ouple years I will regain my

house :)

>

> I also struggle with some issues of moving with my hubby. It is a

LONG story but I am getting there....slowly.

>

> I am doing pretty good. Just trying to get my digestion figured

out. I want to get it healed so I can lay off some of my

supplements. The cost is to muh for us right now but if I do not

take them, I go right back to having diarrhea.....

>

> I am looking into reading some inspirational books to try to give

me a better, more postive attitude.

>

> Much Love,

> Beth

>

>

>

thoughts.....

>

> Beth ~

> You are welcome ! I am still learning how

> to deal with stress it myself. Being a single

> mom of 2 when all my illness started, I worried

> about every single thing and then some. I worried

> for other people and things not related to me or

> anything about me.

> It wasnt til a couple years ago, I figured out it wasnt

> my job to do all that worrying, and it was taking a toll

> on my already ill body. So, I got creative and started

> playing with my head, and thoughts. Sometimes it works

> and sometimes I still have to work at it.

> I am doing ok. All considered, with all that is

> going on, I am alive and kicking ! Thank you for asking !

> and your well wishes. How are you feeling ? ?

> Hugs N Prayers ~ Love Dede

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>

Hi Beth,

I read that you are looking into inspirational books. I am currently

reading a book by Louise Hay called " You can heal your life " . It's

really good, one of the best law of attraction books I have read, I

really recommend it. I also ordered some some cards that Louise has

come out with called " I can do it " . Their affirmations and

inspiration cards that you can pull out and read one everyday. I

like those too. Helps keep your mind staying postive instead of

always reverting back to being negative. You have to apply what she

recommends into your life in order for it to work though.

Hugs,

Cherie

>

> Dede - we seem to have alot on common. I am married BUT i am

basially a single mom of 2 children ages 3 and 1. It is along dtory

but I have been taking are of my kids by myself for 15 months now.

My hubby left for a job that took him overseas when our youngest was

only 3 months old. It has been hard and alot of my stress comes from

trying to take care of the kids and all the housework. I am a neat-

freak and can not stand a dirty/cluttered house so as you can imagine

with 2 kids, I get stressed easily. However, I have tried to let go

of being so darn neat all the time. It is impossible with my kids

and all thier toys. I figure in a ouple years I will regain my

house :)

>

> I also struggle with some issues of moving with my hubby. It is a

LONG story but I am getting there....slowly.

>

> I am doing pretty good. Just trying to get my digestion figured

out. I want to get it healed so I can lay off some of my

supplements. The cost is to muh for us right now but if I do not

take them, I go right back to having diarrhea.....

>

> I am looking into reading some inspirational books to try to give

me a better, more postive attitude.

>

> Much Love,

> Beth

>

>

>

thoughts.....

>

> Beth ~

> You are welcome ! I am still learning how

> to deal with stress it myself. Being a single

> mom of 2 when all my illness started, I worried

> about every single thing and then some. I worried

> for other people and things not related to me or

> anything about me.

> It wasnt til a couple years ago, I figured out it wasnt

> my job to do all that worrying, and it was taking a toll

> on my already ill body. So, I got creative and started

> playing with my head, and thoughts. Sometimes it works

> and sometimes I still have to work at it.

> I am doing ok. All considered, with all that is

> going on, I am alive and kicking ! Thank you for asking !

> and your well wishes. How are you feeling ? ?

> Hugs N Prayers ~ Love Dede

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>

a,

I know you were posting to Dede but I just wanted to give you hope...

my short term memory was shot, just like you explained in your post

(almost identical). It is so scary.

Good news, this was one of my first symptoms to improve! I can't say

I have the best memory in the world but it is SO much better. I

couldn't remember my co-worker's names!! Lots of functions I did

everyday at work. Ugh!

I can't wait until you get the bags removed either.

Hugs, Lynn

>

> > a ~

> > Sounds like you have such a good

> > outlook for all this, that is awesome.

> > Not long and you will be on your

> > healing journey. Very exciting !

> > Hugs ~ Dede

> >

> >

> >

> > **************The year's hottest artists on the red

> > carpet at the Grammy

> > Awards. Go to AOL Music.

> >

> (http://music.aol.com/grammys?NCID=aolcmp00300000002565)

> >

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

> http://www./r/hs

>

a,

I know you were posting to Dede but I just wanted to give you hope...

my short term memory was shot, just like you explained in your post

(almost identical). It is so scary.

Good news, this was one of my first symptoms to improve! I can't say

I have the best memory in the world but it is SO much better. I

couldn't remember my co-worker's names!! Lots of functions I did

everyday at work. Ugh!

I can't wait until you get the bags removed either.

Hugs, Lynn

>

> > a ~

> > Sounds like you have such a good

> > outlook for all this, that is awesome.

> > Not long and you will be on your

> > healing journey. Very exciting !

> > Hugs ~ Dede

> >

> >

> >

> > **************The year's hottest artists on the red

> > carpet at the Grammy

> > Awards. Go to AOL Music.

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

> http://www./r/hs

>

Hi Dede,

I was up with my thrombosed hemmie since 3 a.m.! Hurt so bad! I

finally stuck a ice pack (wrapped in a towel) between my cheeks!

I broke down and went to the doctor on-call this morning. She lanced

one of them and said if the others come back out I need to go have

them rubberbanded.

I told her I had a few friends who have had them while pregnant and

she said... NO no, yours are much different! She said mine are

hemrrhoids gone bad. (made me laugh)

She can't believe how much pain I let myself go through for a week.

Anyhow, my butt feels much better (maybe it is the numbing med

still). She gave me an RX called Proctofoam to help with the pain.

Oh, good news. I did not have to get on all fours. She did it while

I was in stirrups (like a pap).

How are you feeling? You never did tell me about your fall.

Love you, Lynn

>

> Lynn ~

> What are you doing up so early ! ? ! ? ! ?

> How are you feeling this morning? I hope

> today is better for you ! !

> God Bless YOU ! !

> Love you ~ Dede

>

>

>

> **************The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the

Grammy

> Awards. Go to AOL Music.

>

Hi Dede,

I was up with my thrombosed hemmie since 3 a.m.! Hurt so bad! I

finally stuck a ice pack (wrapped in a towel) between my cheeks!

I broke down and went to the doctor on-call this morning. She lanced

one of them and said if the others come back out I need to go have

them rubberbanded.

I told her I had a few friends who have had them while pregnant and

she said... NO no, yours are much different! She said mine are

hemrrhoids gone bad. (made me laugh)

She can't believe how much pain I let myself go through for a week.

Anyhow, my butt feels much better (maybe it is the numbing med

still). She gave me an RX called Proctofoam to help with the pain.

Oh, good news. I did not have to get on all fours. She did it while

I was in stirrups (like a pap).

How are you feeling? You never did tell me about your fall.

Love you, Lynn

>

> Lynn ~

> What are you doing up so early ! ? ! ? ! ?

> How are you feeling this morning? I hope

> today is better for you ! !

> God Bless YOU ! !

> Love you ~ Dede

>

>

>

> **************The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the

Grammy

> Awards. Go to AOL Music.

>

Thanks Rogene.

>

> Lynn,

>

> I'm glad to hear you're getting some relief! . . .

>

> I know it's miserable, but better to be miserable short term, than to

let it drag on forever.

>

> Hugs and prayers,

>

> Rogene

>