RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Primal Defense - is it really a good product?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

April - I am glad you are doing pretty well since explant. I remember when I was first explanted and I kept hoping I would start to see signs of improvement. They will happen...it just takes more time than we want to wait. I have been explanted now for just over 2 months and I have started to see alot of improvement just in the past few weeks. I hope it stays that way. However, this is the best I have felt since I ever got the implans so I know I have to be healing.

I still struggle with my gut. I have been on enzymes and probotics now for a months. I do pretty good while I am on them but I know as soon as I stop, my issues will continue. I still have the burning sensation in my gut. I am not running to the bathroom anymore but I know that is because of my enzyme. Since my tummy still burns, I know I am not healed and I do not feel like my gut is even close to being healed. I am thinking of doing a round of caprylic acid and then starting my probotics up again. Have you tried this??? If so, did you notice any improvements? I made an appointment with my GI doctor because I feel better doing this once I have spoke to my doctor. I refuse to take anymore antibiotics unless nothing else works. We will see what he says.

Take care of yourself. Just think.....you have been free of those toxic things for 12 days now and are on your way to healing!!!!!!

Much Love,

Beth

Re: Primal Defense - is it really a good product?

Thanks, PH. I've been taking Dr. Ohhira's probiotics (also known as OMX). They are really, expensive too. They've worked really well, but I'm still having some gut troubles so I was considering trying something else. Maybe it would be best to stay on them. If you're looking for a good probiotic, you really should check it out. Here's some info about it:http://www.essentia lformulas. com/base. cgim?no_main_templates= 1 & template= researchThere's over 150 great reviews here:http://www.iherb. com/ProductDetai ls.aspx?c= 1 & pid=3620The cheapest price I've found on them is at http://www.crohns. net/(Let me know if any of those links don't

work)I started taking the Oat Beta Glucan yesterday. I put it in my oatmeal and can't even taste it. We'll see what happens! :o)I'm doing pretty well since my explant. I was really tired for the first week, but I'm getting some energy now. I didn't have much pain, mainly soreness. I keep hoping to see some of my symptoms disappear. I have to remind myself that I'm only 12 days post-op. I know it takes time. After dealing with this so long it is hard to be patient! That is so awesome that your gut problems are better. What an encouragement! :o)

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

April - I am glad you are doing pretty well since explant. I remember when I was first explanted and I kept hoping I would start to see signs of improvement. They will happen...it just takes more time than we want to wait. I have been explanted now for just over 2 months and I have started to see alot of improvement just in the past few weeks. I hope it stays that way. However, this is the best I have felt since I ever got the implans so I know I have to be healing.

I still struggle with my gut. I have been on enzymes and probotics now for a months. I do pretty good while I am on them but I know as soon as I stop, my issues will continue. I still have the burning sensation in my gut. I am not running to the bathroom anymore but I know that is because of my enzyme. Since my tummy still burns, I know I am not healed and I do not feel like my gut is even close to being healed. I am thinking of doing a round of caprylic acid and then starting my probotics up again. Have you tried this??? If so, did you notice any improvements? I made an appointment with my GI doctor because I feel better doing this once I have spoke to my doctor. I refuse to take anymore antibiotics unless nothing else works. We will see what he says.

Take care of yourself. Just think.....you have been free of those toxic things for 12 days now and are on your way to healing!!!!!!

Much Love,

Beth

Re: Primal Defense - is it really a good product?

Thanks, PH. I've been taking Dr. Ohhira's probiotics (also known as OMX). They are really, expensive too. They've worked really well, but I'm still having some gut troubles so I was considering trying something else. Maybe it would be best to stay on them. If you're looking for a good probiotic, you really should check it out. Here's some info about it:http://www.essentia lformulas. com/base. cgim?no_main_templates= 1 & template= researchThere's over 150 great reviews here:http://www.iherb. com/ProductDetai ls.aspx?c= 1 & pid=3620The cheapest price I've found on them is at http://www.crohns. net/(Let me know if any of those links don't

work)I started taking the Oat Beta Glucan yesterday. I put it in my oatmeal and can't even taste it. We'll see what happens! :o)I'm doing pretty well since my explant. I was really tired for the first week, but I'm getting some energy now. I didn't have much pain, mainly soreness. I keep hoping to see some of my symptoms disappear. I have to remind myself that I'm only 12 days post-op. I know it takes time. After dealing with this so long it is hard to be patient! That is so awesome that your gut problems are better. What an encouragement! :o)

April - honestly, everything has improved except my digestion. I do not see much improvement in that department. I do not have the dizziness/drunk feeling. My joints still ache some but not near as bad or for as long. I am not as tired and feel like i have mroe energy. I had one ND put me on a HCI/Pepsin supplement but then another ND took me off of it. I was told not to stay on the HCI/Pepsin for too long because it will train your body to not make it because it is getting it from an outside soure. However, I am not sure what the time frame is. I do not have much bloating or gas. Just a burning sensation and I was running to the bathroom everytime I ate. That has slowed down with the enzymes but I can tell that if I stop taking them, it will come back. I did see where you get your probotics from. I saved the website. I am happy with mine right now. I use

the Megentics brand. If you have any other suggestions for my tummy...feel free to pass them on. I have ut out alot of sugar but not completely. I do not eat candy, or cookies or things like that but I do still eat dairy and breads. Much Love, BethApril <april@...> wrote: "I have been explanted now for just over 2 months and I have started to see alot of improvement just in the past few weeks. I hope it stays that way. However, this is the best I have felt

since I ever got the implants so I know I have to be healing."Wow, Beth! That's awesome and very encouraging! What kind of improvements have you noticed specifically?"I still have the burning sensation in my gut. I am not running to the bathroom anymore but I know that is because of my enzyme. Since my tummy still burns, I know I am not healed and I do not feel like my gut is even close to being healed. I am thinking of doing a round of caprylic acid and then starting my probotics up again. Have you tried this??? If so, did you notice any improvements?"I tried the caprylic acid about 6 months ago. I had been taking olive leaf for a fungal sinus infection. My ND had me switch to CA for awhile, but after a couple of weeks my sinuses flaired back up so he switched me back to the OL. I have been taking the OL ever since. It has helped tremendously w/my sinus problem, but I don't think it's done much

for my gut. I know the CA is supposed to work more in that area, so I just started taking one AM and PM. I'm planning to lower my OL dose and increase the CA gradually. I'm hoping that will help w/my gassy/gurgly gut! Oh, and yes I definitely take probiotics - couldn't live w/out them. I have another post in this thread about the one I take. Have you tried supplementing with hydrochloric acid? I read up on that whenever I started having the burning stomach issue. Many times burning in the stomach is actually the body's reaction to a deficiency in stomach acid. If you google it, you'll find lots of helpful info. Dr's will usually put you on an antacid for stomach burning, but that can actually make the problem worse in the long run. I started taking HCI w/meals and it helped a lot. I also eat a couple of Papaya Enzyme tablets if my stomach burns and it usually takes care of it. I do also take enzymes w/meals, but

the papaya tablets give immediate relief for the burning.Hope you keep seeing lots of improvement! :o)

April - honestly, everything has improved except my digestion. I do not see much improvement in that department. I do not have the dizziness/drunk feeling. My joints still ache some but not near as bad or for as long. I am not as tired and feel like i have mroe energy. I had one ND put me on a HCI/Pepsin supplement but then another ND took me off of it. I was told not to stay on the HCI/Pepsin for too long because it will train your body to not make it because it is getting it from an outside soure. However, I am not sure what the time frame is. I do not have much bloating or gas. Just a burning sensation and I was running to the bathroom everytime I ate. That has slowed down with the enzymes but I can tell that if I stop taking them, it will come back. I did see where you get your probotics from. I saved the website. I am happy with mine right now. I use

the Megentics brand. If you have any other suggestions for my tummy...feel free to pass them on. I have ut out alot of sugar but not completely. I do not eat candy, or cookies or things like that but I do still eat dairy and breads. Much Love, BethApril <april@...> wrote: "I have been explanted now for just over 2 months and I have started to see alot of improvement just in the past few weeks. I hope it stays that way. However, this is the best I have felt

since I ever got the implants so I know I have to be healing."Wow, Beth! That's awesome and very encouraging! What kind of improvements have you noticed specifically?"I still have the burning sensation in my gut. I am not running to the bathroom anymore but I know that is because of my enzyme. Since my tummy still burns, I know I am not healed and I do not feel like my gut is even close to being healed. I am thinking of doing a round of caprylic acid and then starting my probotics up again. Have you tried this??? If so, did you notice any improvements?"I tried the caprylic acid about 6 months ago. I had been taking olive leaf for a fungal sinus infection. My ND had me switch to CA for awhile, but after a couple of weeks my sinuses flaired back up so he switched me back to the OL. I have been taking the OL ever since. It has helped tremendously w/my sinus problem, but I don't think it's done much

for my gut. I know the CA is supposed to work more in that area, so I just started taking one AM and PM. I'm planning to lower my OL dose and increase the CA gradually. I'm hoping that will help w/my gassy/gurgly gut! Oh, and yes I definitely take probiotics - couldn't live w/out them. I have another post in this thread about the one I take. Have you tried supplementing with hydrochloric acid? I read up on that whenever I started having the burning stomach issue. Many times burning in the stomach is actually the body's reaction to a deficiency in stomach acid. If you google it, you'll find lots of helpful info. Dr's will usually put you on an antacid for stomach burning, but that can actually make the problem worse in the long run. I started taking HCI w/meals and it helped a lot. I also eat a couple of Papaya Enzyme tablets if my stomach burns and it usually takes care of it. I do also take enzymes w/meals, but

the papaya tablets give immediate relief for the burning.Hope you keep seeing lots of improvement! :o)

Beth . . . Just for now (say four days?), try cutting out ALL sugar and glutens . . . as well as sweet fruits. It may make a difference. You won't know until you try though.Hugs,Rogene

Beth . . . Just for now (say four days?), try cutting out ALL sugar and glutens . . . as well as sweet fruits. It may make a difference. You won't know until you try though.Hugs,Rogene

Rogene - I would try this is I had any idea as to what to make or eat for those days. I have no clue as to what has the hidden sugars and stuff in them. If I had a breakfast, lunch and dinner plan that was easy to do and follow, I could try it. Just when I think something is healthy, I find out it isn't. Any suggestions????

Much Love,

Beth

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Rogene - I would try this is I had any idea as to what to make or eat for those days. I have no clue as to what has the hidden sugars and stuff in them. If I had a breakfast, lunch and dinner plan that was easy to do and follow, I could try it. Just when I think something is healthy, I find out it isn't. Any suggestions????

Much Love,

Beth

Beth,If you'll cook everything from scratch, you'll know exactly what's in them. You can use corn starch rather than flour for thickening. Here are a list of websites that can help you with gluten free foods: http://search./search?fr=ytff1-msgr & p=celiac%20food%20list & ei=UTF-8The idea of avoiding all sugar and gluten is worse than the reality. Think of what you CAN eat, rather than vice versa. You won't go hungry! American oatmeal isn't considered safe for those with Celiac Disease, not because of the oats, but because the equipment used to

process the oats is also used for grains containing gluten. . . Rice is fine . . . Beans are good . . . There are lots of veggies to eat . . . meats are OK in moderation. There's a book "The Elimination Diet" that can help people with suspected food allergies isolate the foods that upset them. . . I don't think you're at that stage though . . . but it's something to consider.The Maker's Diet is an excellent book . . not just for its food plans, but for understanding why the digestive system is so important. Hugs,Rogene

Hi Beth,

You can try fiber pills and fiber one cereal it really helped me.

Beth,If you'll cook everything from scratch, you'll know exactly what's in them. You can use corn starch rather than flour for thickening. Here are a list of websites that can help you with gluten free foods: http://search./search?fr=ytff1-msgr & p=celiac%20food%20list & ei=UTF-8The idea of avoiding all sugar and gluten is worse than the reality. Think of what you CAN eat, rather than vice versa. You won't go hungry! American oatmeal isn't considered safe for those with Celiac Disease, not because of the oats, but because the equipment used to

process the oats is also used for grains containing gluten. . . Rice is fine . . . Beans are good . . . There are lots of veggies to eat . . . meats are OK in moderation. There's a book "The Elimination Diet" that can help people with suspected food allergies isolate the foods that upset them. . . I don't think you're at that stage though . . . but it's something to consider.The Maker's Diet is an excellent book . . not just for its food plans, but for understanding why the digestive system is so important. Hugs,Rogene

Hi Beth,

You can try fiber pills and fiber one cereal it really helped me.

Thanks for the link Rogene - I think you are right...it is mor the thought of no sugar than it is to actually do it. If I just start doing it, I am sure in no time it will feel like second nature.

When I have a little more time this evening, I want to email your personally on something else.

Much Love,

Beth

Beth,If you'll cook everything from scratch, you'll know exactly what's in them. You can use corn starch rather than flour for thickening. Here are a list of websites that can help you with gluten free foods: http://search. / search?fr= ytff1-msgr & p=celiac%20food% 20list & ei=UTF-8The idea of avoiding all sugar and gluten is worse than the reality. Think of what you CAN eat, rather than vice versa. You won't go hungry! American oatmeal isn't considered safe for those with Celiac Disease, not because of the oats, but because the equipment used to process the oats is also used for grains containing gluten. . . Rice is fine . . . Beans are good . . . There are lots of veggies to eat . . .

meats are OK in moderation. There's a book "The Elimination Diet" that can help people with suspected food allergies isolate the foods that upset them. . . I don't think you're at that stage though . . . but it's something to consider.The Maker's Diet is an excellent book . . not just for its food plans, but for understanding why the digestive system is so important. Hugs,Rogene

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Thanks for the link Rogene - I think you are right...it is mor the thought of no sugar than it is to actually do it. If I just start doing it, I am sure in no time it will feel like second nature.

When I have a little more time this evening, I want to email your personally on something else.

Much Love,

Beth

Beth,If you'll cook everything from scratch, you'll know exactly what's in them. You can use corn starch rather than flour for thickening. Here are a list of websites that can help you with gluten free foods: http://search. / search?fr= ytff1-msgr & p=celiac%20food% 20list & ei=UTF-8The idea of avoiding all sugar and gluten is worse than the reality. Think of what you CAN eat, rather than vice versa. You won't go hungry! American oatmeal isn't considered safe for those with Celiac Disease, not because of the oats, but because the equipment used to process the oats is also used for grains containing gluten. . . Rice is fine . . . Beans are good . . . There are lots of veggies to eat . . .

meats are OK in moderation. There's a book "The Elimination Diet" that can help people with suspected food allergies isolate the foods that upset them. . . I don't think you're at that stage though . . . but it's something to consider.The Maker's Diet is an excellent book . . not just for its food plans, but for understanding why the digestive system is so important. Hugs,Rogene

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Thank you so much. I kinda forgot about trying a fiber pill. It was mentioned to me before but with all the info I am trying to absorb, I kinda forgot about it.

Thanks again!!!!

Much Love,

Beth

Thank you so much. I kinda forgot about trying a fiber pill. It was mentioned to me before but with all the info I am trying to absorb, I kinda forgot about it.

Thanks again!!!!

Much Love,

Beth