RemedySpot.com

I Need Sugar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Today is the first day I've really come close to not having any sugar.

I wanted to write you all one last note, because I think without sugar,

I am going to die. I am stumbling around and my eyes are watering and

there is only one thing I want. I have found that the things I thought

were important in life are in fact WAY less important than the one

thing that matters most to me: SUGAR.

I am at work, but keep going downstairs to find food. I just got back

from one of these trips. I was in one of the stores, reading the backs

of all the labels looking for food without sugar in it. The closest I

found was a little box of Cheerios, with 2 grams of sugar in it. Since

I found that milk has a lot of sugar in it (argghhh!), I considered

buying the Cheerios and eating them with water. That's when I

discovered the nut aisle. I bought some walnuts instead, since they too

only had 2 grams of sugar and they sounded more appetizing than plain

Cheerios and water. But they didn't come close to satisfying my

craving, so I was looking at packs of gum, but even they have sugar in

them!

Right then, they started playing that " Proud to be an American " song,

and I thought, " What is freedom if I can't eat sugar? " I know that's

wrong to say, but that's how messed up I'm feeling. I can't believe

it's only been just today that I haven't had sugar, and I feel like

this. It's obvious to me that I have a major problem because the last

time I felt like this was when I went through withdrawals from

antidepressants (for cataplexy; not for depression).

But I wish I had some of those antidepressants again, because I'm sure

depressed now. I feel horrible. I have no energy, no focus, and I just

want to sleep. It's how I normally feel, multiplied by 100. Is this

going to get worse? How long does this last?

I am going to have to change my name from Ballerina to SUGAR MONSTER.

Can anyone tell me anything good to eat?

How are the rest of you doing this?

-Help,

The 32A Sugar Monster

PLEASE ADMINISTER SUGAR

Today is the first day I've really come close to not having any sugar.

I wanted to write you all one last note, because I think without sugar,

I am going to die. I am stumbling around and my eyes are watering and

there is only one thing I want. I have found that the things I thought

were important in life are in fact WAY less important than the one

thing that matters most to me: SUGAR.

I am at work, but keep going downstairs to find food. I just got back

from one of these trips. I was in one of the stores, reading the backs

of all the labels looking for food without sugar in it. The closest I

found was a little box of Cheerios, with 2 grams of sugar in it. Since

I found that milk has a lot of sugar in it (argghhh!), I considered

buying the Cheerios and eating them with water. That's when I

discovered the nut aisle. I bought some walnuts instead, since they too

only had 2 grams of sugar and they sounded more appetizing than plain

Cheerios and water. But they didn't come close to satisfying my

craving, so I was looking at packs of gum, but even they have sugar in

them!

Right then, they started playing that " Proud to be an American " song,

and I thought, " What is freedom if I can't eat sugar? " I know that's

wrong to say, but that's how messed up I'm feeling. I can't believe

it's only been just today that I haven't had sugar, and I feel like

this. It's obvious to me that I have a major problem because the last

time I felt like this was when I went through withdrawals from

antidepressants (for cataplexy; not for depression).

But I wish I had some of those antidepressants again, because I'm sure

depressed now. I feel horrible. I have no energy, no focus, and I just

want to sleep. It's how I normally feel, multiplied by 100. Is this

going to get worse? How long does this last?

I am going to have to change my name from Ballerina to SUGAR MONSTER.

Can anyone tell me anything good to eat?

How are the rest of you doing this?

-Help,

The 32A Sugar Monster

PLEASE ADMINISTER SUGAR

LOL Ballerina,

You really have the sugar cravings bad . . . .Keep in mind that this is the very worst day you will have . . . It will get slightly easier every day . . . By the time you get to three weeks, you should be doing much better! . . .

Some suggestions . . . drink a big glass of water everytime want sugar, keep some fresh veggies on hand (but not carrots), find something to do with your hands (and therefore mind), i.e. clean closets, organize your kitchen, make something crafty, go for a walk . . . nuts are great! . . . The smiggen of sugar you might find in some food may not matter - if sugar is listed fifth or more down the list of ingredients. . . But if you'll make all your foods from scratch, you won't have to worry about that!

Those little fungal nasties are going to try to break you down . . . You gotta show them who's boss!

I know it's hard . . . but I know you can do it! You're one smart lady!

Hugs and prayers,

Rogene

LOL Ballerina,

You really have the sugar cravings bad . . . .Keep in mind that this is the very worst day you will have . . . It will get slightly easier every day . . . By the time you get to three weeks, you should be doing much better! . . .

Some suggestions . . . drink a big glass of water everytime want sugar, keep some fresh veggies on hand (but not carrots), find something to do with your hands (and therefore mind), i.e. clean closets, organize your kitchen, make something crafty, go for a walk . . . nuts are great! . . . The smiggen of sugar you might find in some food may not matter - if sugar is listed fifth or more down the list of ingredients. . . But if you'll make all your foods from scratch, you won't have to worry about that!

Those little fungal nasties are going to try to break you down . . . You gotta show them who's boss!

Hugs and prayers,

Rogene

Hi Ballerina,I feel for you. It's hard giving up the sweets and I was never a sweets person, I craved the salt. And I totally get what you say about freedom. I don't necessarily miss the sugar itself, but the freedom to have it if I want to!!These ideas I'm going to suggest probably don't sound all that tempting to you now, but after you cut out sugar for a while, semi-sweet things seem so much sweeter and these have become my treats...don't laugh...or cry for me!...but this is it. Love, PH

Country Life Vitamin C Chewables - they taste like giant Sweet Tarts. They do have 3 grams of fructose each but just eating 2 gets me through a craving. http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=CF-1407 & source=FGCF-1407 & ci_src=14110944 & ci_sku=CF-1407

Cashew or Almond Butter rolled in finely shredded coconut and/or chopped nuts...closest thing to a candy bar w/o the high sugar, chemicals, and poisons!

Teas w/ licorice root in them...very sweet and good for the adrenals.

Cascadian Farms frozen organic cherries. Very very sweet and so good by themselves, in smoothies or on brown rice cakes w/ nut butter. http://www.wellnessgrocer.com/cascadian-farm-cherries-p-1392.html

Sweet potato sauteed in coconut oil. Add celtic salt...delicious!

Lifeway Organic Strawberry Kefir. It does have a lot of sugar, but if I'm having a bad craving, I'll take an 8 oz glass of plain kefir and add about 2 T of the strawberry.

Kinnikinnick Carrot Muffins. These are gluten free. They also have a lot of sugar, but they were one of the things I used to transition from my old ways to healthier ways. They're not quite as sweet as typical muffins and scones, but still felt like a treat. Definitely not good for those of us w/ candida, but when you're desperate, one is ok. My kids love them. http://www.wellnessgrocer.com/kinnikinnick-muffins-carrot-p-4055.html

If you like to cook, a great cookbook is Eat Well, Feel Well. The author's daughter had severe candida. The mother cured her through diet and came up with these recipes, including desserts, based on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. She has a lot of recipes for muffins w/ nut flours and just a little honey...sooo good and high in protein. http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Well-Feel-Carbohydrate-Compliant/dp/0307339947/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8 & s=books & qid=1199397371 & sr=8-1

>> Today is the first day I've really come close to not having any sugar. > I wanted to write you all one last note, because I think without sugar, > I am going to die. I am stumbling around and my eyes are watering and > there is only one thing I want. I have found that the things I thought > were important in life are in fact WAY less important than the one > thing that matters most to me: SUGAR.> > I am at work, but keep going downstairs to find food. I just got back > from one of these trips. I was in one of the stores, reading the backs > of all the labels looking for food without sugar in it. The closest I > found was a little box of Cheerios, with 2 grams of sugar in it. Since > I found that milk has a lot of sugar in it (argghhh!), I considered > buying the Cheerios and eating them with water. That's when I > discovered the nut aisle. I bought some walnuts instead, since they too > only had 2 grams of sugar and they sounded more appetizing than plain > Cheerios and water. But they didn't come close to satisfying my > craving, so I was looking at packs of gum, but even they have sugar in > them!> > Right then, they started playing that "Proud to be an American" song, > and I thought, "What is freedom if I can't eat sugar?" I know that's > wrong to say, but that's how messed up I'm feeling. I can't believe > it's only been just today that I haven't had sugar, and I feel like > this. It's obvious to me that I have a major problem because the last > time I felt like this was when I went through withdrawals from > antidepressants (for cataplexy; not for depression). > > But I wish I had some of those antidepressants again, because I'm sure > depressed now. I feel horrible. I have no energy, no focus, and I just > want to sleep. It's how I normally feel, multiplied by 100. Is this > going to get worse? How long does this last?> > I am going to have to change my name from Ballerina to SUGAR MONSTER.> > Can anyone tell me anything good to eat?> > How are the rest of you doing this?> > -Help,> The 32A Sugar Monster> PLEASE ADMINISTER SUGAR>

Hi Ballerina,I feel for you. It's hard giving up the sweets and I was never a sweets person, I craved the salt. And I totally get what you say about freedom. I don't necessarily miss the sugar itself, but the freedom to have it if I want to!!These ideas I'm going to suggest probably don't sound all that tempting to you now, but after you cut out sugar for a while, semi-sweet things seem so much sweeter and these have become my treats...don't laugh...or cry for me!...but this is it. Love, PH

Country Life Vitamin C Chewables - they taste like giant Sweet Tarts. They do have 3 grams of fructose each but just eating 2 gets me through a craving. http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=CF-1407 & source=FGCF-1407 & ci_src=14110944 & ci_sku=CF-1407

Cashew or Almond Butter rolled in finely shredded coconut and/or chopped nuts...closest thing to a candy bar w/o the high sugar, chemicals, and poisons!

Cascadian Farms frozen organic cherries. Very very sweet and so good by themselves, in smoothies or on brown rice cakes w/ nut butter. http://www.wellnessgrocer.com/cascadian-farm-cherries-p-1392.html

Lifeway Organic Strawberry Kefir. It does have a lot of sugar, but if I'm having a bad craving, I'll take an 8 oz glass of plain kefir and add about 2 T of the strawberry.

Kinnikinnick Carrot Muffins. These are gluten free. They also have a lot of sugar, but they were one of the things I used to transition from my old ways to healthier ways. They're not quite as sweet as typical muffins and scones, but still felt like a treat. Definitely not good for those of us w/ candida, but when you're desperate, one is ok. My kids love them. http://www.wellnessgrocer.com/kinnikinnick-muffins-carrot-p-4055.html

If you like to cook, a great cookbook is Eat Well, Feel Well. The author's daughter had severe candida. The mother cured her through diet and came up with these recipes, including desserts, based on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. She has a lot of recipes for muffins w/ nut flours and just a little honey...sooo good and high in protein. http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Well-Feel-Carbohydrate-Compliant/dp/0307339947/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8 & s=books & qid=1199397371 & sr=8-1

>> Today is the first day I've really come close to not having any sugar. > I wanted to write you all one last note, because I think without sugar, > I am going to die. I am stumbling around and my eyes are watering and > there is only one thing I want. I have found that the things I thought > were important in life are in fact WAY less important than the one > thing that matters most to me: SUGAR.> > I am at work, but keep going downstairs to find food. I just got back > from one of these trips. I was in one of the stores, reading the backs > of all the labels looking for food without sugar in it. The closest I > found was a little box of Cheerios, with 2 grams of sugar in it. Since > I found that milk has a lot of sugar in it (argghhh!), I considered > buying the Cheerios and eating them with water. That's when I > discovered the nut aisle. I bought some walnuts instead, since they too > only had 2 grams of sugar and they sounded more appetizing than plain > Cheerios and water. But they didn't come close to satisfying my > craving, so I was looking at packs of gum, but even they have sugar in > them!> > Right then, they started playing that "Proud to be an American" song, > and I thought, "What is freedom if I can't eat sugar?" I know that's > wrong to say, but that's how messed up I'm feeling. I can't believe > it's only been just today that I haven't had sugar, and I feel like > this. It's obvious to me that I have a major problem because the last > time I felt like this was when I went through withdrawals from > antidepressants (for cataplexy; not for depression). > > But I wish I had some of those antidepressants again, because I'm sure > depressed now. I feel horrible. I have no energy, no focus, and I just > want to sleep. It's how I normally feel, multiplied by 100. Is this > going to get worse? How long does this last?> > I am going to have to change my name from Ballerina to SUGAR MONSTER.> > Can anyone tell me anything good to eat?> > How are the rest of you doing this?> > -Help,> The 32A Sugar Monster> PLEASE ADMINISTER SUGAR>

I just got home from work, ballet, and shopping. I bought a huge bag of carrots to munch on at work tomorrow! That's bad?I also bought Stevia (thanks to a woman who brought it up on this board once) to put in my plain oatmeal, which I found out today tastes like GLUE. (without the stevia or any kind of sugar in it) Re: I Need Sugar

LOL Ballerina,

Hugs and prayers,

Rogene

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I just got home from work, ballet, and shopping. I bought a huge bag of carrots to munch on at work tomorrow! That's bad?I also bought Stevia (thanks to a woman who brought it up on this board once) to put in my plain oatmeal, which I found out today tastes like GLUE. (without the stevia or any kind of sugar in it) Re: I Need Sugar

LOL Ballerina,

Hugs and prayers,

Rogene

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Thank you for this. The chewable vitamins actually sound really good to me right now. Are we crazy or what???inal Message ----From: perfecthealth68 <perfecthealth68@...> Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2008 5:03:06 PMSubject: Re: I Need Sugar

Hi Ballerina,I feel for you. It's hard giving up the sweets and I was never a sweets person, I craved the salt. And I totally get what you say about freedom. I don't necessarily miss the sugar itself, but the freedom to have it if I want to!!These ideas I'm going to suggest probably don't sound all that tempting to you now, but after you cut out sugar for a while, semi-sweet things seem so much sweeter and these have become my treats...don' t laugh...or cry for me!...but this is it. Love, PH

Country Life Vitamin C Chewables - they taste like giant Sweet Tarts. They do have 3 grams of fructose each but just eating 2 gets me through a craving. http://www.vitamins hoppe.com/ store/en/ browse/sku_ detail.jsp? id=CF-1407 & source=FGCF- 1407 & ci_src=14110944 & ci_sku=CF-1407

Cascadian Farms frozen organic cherries. Very very sweet and so good by themselves, in smoothies or on brown rice cakes w/ nut butter. http://www.wellness grocer.com/ cascadian- farm-cherries- p-1392.html

Kinnikinnick Carrot Muffins. These are gluten free. They also have a lot of sugar, but they were one of the things I used to transition from my old ways to healthier ways. They're not quite as sweet as typical muffins and scones, but still felt like a treat. Definitely not good for those of us w/ candida, but when you're desperate, one is ok. My kids love them. http://www.wellness grocer.com/ kinnikinnick- muffins-carrot- p-4055.html

If you like to cook, a great cookbook is Eat Well, Feel Well. The author's daughter had severe candida. The mother cured her through diet and came up with these recipes, including desserts, based on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. She has a lot of recipes for muffins w/ nut flours and just a little honey...sooo good and high in protein. http://www.amazon. com/Eat-Well- Feel-Carbohydrat e-Compliant/ dp/0307339947/ ref=pd_bbs_ sr_1?ie=UTF8 & s=books & qid=1199397371 & sr=8-1

>> Today is the first day I've really come close to not having any sugar. > I wanted to write you all one last note, because I think without sugar, > I am going to die. I am stumbling around and my eyes are watering and > there is only one thing I want. I have found that the things I thought > were important in life are in fact WAY less important than the one > thing that matters most to me: SUGAR.> > I am at work, but keep going downstairs to find food. I just got back > from one of these trips. I was in one of the stores, reading the backs > of all the labels looking for food without sugar in it. The closest I > found was a little box of Cheerios, with 2 grams of sugar in it. Since > I found that milk has a lot of sugar in it (argghhh!), I considered >

buying the Cheerios and eating them with water. That's when I > discovered the nut aisle. I bought some walnuts instead, since they too > only had 2 grams of sugar and they sounded more appetizing than plain > Cheerios and water. But they didn't come close to satisfying my > craving, so I was looking at packs of gum, but even they have sugar in > them!> > Right then, they started playing that "Proud to be an American" song, > and I thought, "What is freedom if I can't eat sugar?" I know that's > wrong to say, but that's how messed up I'm feeling. I can't believe > it's only been just today that I haven't had sugar, and I feel like > this. It's obvious to me that I have a major problem because the last > time I felt like this was when I went through withdrawals from > antidepressants (for cataplexy; not for depression). > > But I wish I had some of

those antidepressants again, because I'm sure > depressed now. I feel horrible. I have no energy, no focus, and I just > want to sleep. It's how I normally feel, multiplied by 100. Is this > going to get worse? How long does this last?> > I am going to have to change my name from Ballerina to SUGAR MONSTER.> > Can anyone tell me anything good to eat?> > How are the rest of you doing this?> > -Help,> The 32A Sugar Monster> PLEASE ADMINISTER SUGAR>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Thank you for this. The chewable vitamins actually sound really good to me right now. Are we crazy or what???inal Message ----From: perfecthealth68 <perfecthealth68@...> Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2008 5:03:06 PMSubject: Re: I Need Sugar

Hi Ballerina,I feel for you. It's hard giving up the sweets and I was never a sweets person, I craved the salt. And I totally get what you say about freedom. I don't necessarily miss the sugar itself, but the freedom to have it if I want to!!These ideas I'm going to suggest probably don't sound all that tempting to you now, but after you cut out sugar for a while, semi-sweet things seem so much sweeter and these have become my treats...don' t laugh...or cry for me!...but this is it. Love, PH

Country Life Vitamin C Chewables - they taste like giant Sweet Tarts. They do have 3 grams of fructose each but just eating 2 gets me through a craving. http://www.vitamins hoppe.com/ store/en/ browse/sku_ detail.jsp? id=CF-1407 & source=FGCF- 1407 & ci_src=14110944 & ci_sku=CF-1407

Cascadian Farms frozen organic cherries. Very very sweet and so good by themselves, in smoothies or on brown rice cakes w/ nut butter. http://www.wellness grocer.com/ cascadian- farm-cherries- p-1392.html

Kinnikinnick Carrot Muffins. These are gluten free. They also have a lot of sugar, but they were one of the things I used to transition from my old ways to healthier ways. They're not quite as sweet as typical muffins and scones, but still felt like a treat. Definitely not good for those of us w/ candida, but when you're desperate, one is ok. My kids love them. http://www.wellness grocer.com/ kinnikinnick- muffins-carrot- p-4055.html

If you like to cook, a great cookbook is Eat Well, Feel Well. The author's daughter had severe candida. The mother cured her through diet and came up with these recipes, including desserts, based on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. She has a lot of recipes for muffins w/ nut flours and just a little honey...sooo good and high in protein. http://www.amazon. com/Eat-Well- Feel-Carbohydrat e-Compliant/ dp/0307339947/ ref=pd_bbs_ sr_1?ie=UTF8 & s=books & qid=1199397371 & sr=8-1

>> Today is the first day I've really come close to not having any sugar. > I wanted to write you all one last note, because I think without sugar, > I am going to die. I am stumbling around and my eyes are watering and > there is only one thing I want. I have found that the things I thought > were important in life are in fact WAY less important than the one > thing that matters most to me: SUGAR.> > I am at work, but keep going downstairs to find food. I just got back > from one of these trips. I was in one of the stores, reading the backs > of all the labels looking for food without sugar in it. The closest I > found was a little box of Cheerios, with 2 grams of sugar in it. Since > I found that milk has a lot of sugar in it (argghhh!), I considered >

buying the Cheerios and eating them with water. That's when I > discovered the nut aisle. I bought some walnuts instead, since they too > only had 2 grams of sugar and they sounded more appetizing than plain > Cheerios and water. But they didn't come close to satisfying my > craving, so I was looking at packs of gum, but even they have sugar in > them!> > Right then, they started playing that "Proud to be an American" song, > and I thought, "What is freedom if I can't eat sugar?" I know that's > wrong to say, but that's how messed up I'm feeling. I can't believe > it's only been just today that I haven't had sugar, and I feel like > this. It's obvious to me that I have a major problem because the last > time I felt like this was when I went through withdrawals from > antidepressants (for cataplexy; not for depression). > > But I wish I had some of

those antidepressants again, because I'm sure > depressed now. I feel horrible. I have no energy, no focus, and I just > want to sleep. It's how I normally feel, multiplied by 100. Is this > going to get worse? How long does this last?> > I am going to have to change my name from Ballerina to SUGAR MONSTER.> > Can anyone tell me anything good to eat?> > How are the rest of you doing this?> > -Help,> The 32A Sugar Monster> PLEASE ADMINISTER SUGAR>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Oh PH . .

Your sugar tooth was looking for satisfaction when you saw those carrots!

Carrots are very high in sugar . . . But with your sugar cravings a little shouldn't hurt, and may help you transition off so much sugar. Celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, zucchini are all good . . . especially if you have something to dip them in.

If your oatmeal tasted like glue, you may have cooked it too long. . . Follow the package directions. . . However, I think they call for water . . .if you can tolerate it, use milk instead, . . . To liven up oatmeal, you can add some chopped walnuts or pecans, a few raisins (yeah they have sugar too - but a few should be OK), some chopped apple and top it with cinnamon. . . Yummy! Just a little bit of real maple sugar can sweeten it after you get past the initial stages. Stevia will work for now. Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfasts! . . . but only when it's been "doctored". I hate it plain!

Hugs,

Rogene

Oh PH . .

Your sugar tooth was looking for satisfaction when you saw those carrots!

Carrots are very high in sugar . . . But with your sugar cravings a little shouldn't hurt, and may help you transition off so much sugar. Celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, zucchini are all good . . . especially if you have something to dip them in.

If your oatmeal tasted like glue, you may have cooked it too long. . . Follow the package directions. . . However, I think they call for water . . .if you can tolerate it, use milk instead, . . . To liven up oatmeal, you can add some chopped walnuts or pecans, a few raisins (yeah they have sugar too - but a few should be OK), some chopped apple and top it with cinnamon. . . Yummy! Just a little bit of real maple sugar can sweeten it after you get past the initial stages. Stevia will work for now. Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfasts! . . . but only when it's been "doctored". I hate it plain!

Hugs,

Rogene

WOW! You have it bad! Stay strong girl, you can get over this!

And it sounds like you really need to!

Don't focus on what you can't eat. Focus on what you can eat that is

yummy...how about a nice, ripe juicy (and sweet) pear? Or banana?

Patty

>

> Today is the first day I've really come close to not having any

sugar.

> I wanted to write you all one last note, because I think without

sugar,

> I am going to die. I am stumbling around and my eyes are watering

and

> there is only one thing I want. I have found that the things I

thought

> were important in life are in fact WAY less important than the one

> thing that matters most to me: SUGAR.

>

> I am at work, but keep going downstairs to find food. I just got

back

> from one of these trips. I was in one of the stores, reading the

backs

> of all the labels looking for food without sugar in it. The closest

I

> found was a little box of Cheerios, with 2 grams of sugar in it.

Since

> I found that milk has a lot of sugar in it (argghhh!), I considered

> buying the Cheerios and eating them with water. That's when I

> discovered the nut aisle. I bought some walnuts instead, since they

too

> only had 2 grams of sugar and they sounded more appetizing than

plain

> Cheerios and water. But they didn't come close to satisfying my

> craving, so I was looking at packs of gum, but even they have sugar

in

> them!

>

> Right then, they started playing that " Proud to be an American "

song,

> and I thought, " What is freedom if I can't eat sugar? " I know

that's

> wrong to say, but that's how messed up I'm feeling. I can't believe

> it's only been just today that I haven't had sugar, and I feel like

> this. It's obvious to me that I have a major problem because the

last

> time I felt like this was when I went through withdrawals from

> antidepressants (for cataplexy; not for depression).

>

> But I wish I had some of those antidepressants again, because I'm

sure

> depressed now. I feel horrible. I have no energy, no focus, and I

just

> want to sleep. It's how I normally feel, multiplied by 100. Is this

> going to get worse? How long does this last?

>

> I am going to have to change my name from Ballerina to SUGAR

MONSTER.

>

> Can anyone tell me anything good to eat?

>

> How are the rest of you doing this?

>

> -Help,

> The 32A Sugar Monster

> PLEASE ADMINISTER SUGAR

>

WOW! You have it bad! Stay strong girl, you can get over this!

And it sounds like you really need to!

Don't focus on what you can't eat. Focus on what you can eat that is

yummy...how about a nice, ripe juicy (and sweet) pear? Or banana?

Patty

>

> Today is the first day I've really come close to not having any

sugar.

> I wanted to write you all one last note, because I think without

sugar,

> I am going to die. I am stumbling around and my eyes are watering

and

> there is only one thing I want. I have found that the things I

thought

> were important in life are in fact WAY less important than the one

> thing that matters most to me: SUGAR.

>

> I am at work, but keep going downstairs to find food. I just got

back

> from one of these trips. I was in one of the stores, reading the

backs

> of all the labels looking for food without sugar in it. The closest

I

> found was a little box of Cheerios, with 2 grams of sugar in it.

Since

> I found that milk has a lot of sugar in it (argghhh!), I considered

> buying the Cheerios and eating them with water. That's when I

> discovered the nut aisle. I bought some walnuts instead, since they

too

> only had 2 grams of sugar and they sounded more appetizing than

plain

> Cheerios and water. But they didn't come close to satisfying my

> craving, so I was looking at packs of gum, but even they have sugar

in

> them!

>

> Right then, they started playing that " Proud to be an American "

song,

> and I thought, " What is freedom if I can't eat sugar? " I know

that's

> wrong to say, but that's how messed up I'm feeling. I can't believe

> it's only been just today that I haven't had sugar, and I feel like

> this. It's obvious to me that I have a major problem because the

last

> time I felt like this was when I went through withdrawals from

> antidepressants (for cataplexy; not for depression).

>

> But I wish I had some of those antidepressants again, because I'm

sure

> depressed now. I feel horrible. I have no energy, no focus, and I

just

> want to sleep. It's how I normally feel, multiplied by 100. Is this

> going to get worse? How long does this last?

>

> I am going to have to change my name from Ballerina to SUGAR

MONSTER.

>

> Can anyone tell me anything good to eat?

>

> How are the rest of you doing this?

>

> -Help,

> The 32A Sugar Monster

> PLEASE ADMINISTER SUGAR

>

How funny, they sounded good to me tooooo......

I wonder for chocolate, can you eat carob?

is that sugar?

DedeStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

How funny, they sounded good to me tooooo......

I wonder for chocolate, can you eat carob?

is that sugar?

DedeStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

I think this post was meant for Ballerina. Love, PH

>

> Oh PH . .

>

> Your sugar tooth was looking for satisfaction when you saw those

carrots!

>

> Carrots are very high in sugar . . . But with your sugar cravings a

little shouldn't hurt, and may help you transition off so much sugar.

Celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, zucchini are all

good . . . especially if you have something to dip them in.

>

> If your oatmeal tasted like glue, you may have cooked it too

long. . . Follow the package directions. . . However, I think they

call for water . . .if you can tolerate it, use milk instead, . . .

To liven up oatmeal, you can add some chopped walnuts or pecans, a

few raisins (yeah they have sugar too - but a few should be OK), some

chopped apple and top it with cinnamon. . . Yummy! Just a little bit

of real maple sugar can sweeten it after you get past the initial

stages. Stevia will work for now. Oatmeal is one of my favorite

breakfasts! . . . but only when it's been " doctored " . I hate it plain!

>

> Hugs,

>

> Rogene

>

I think this post was meant for Ballerina. Love, PH

>

> Oh PH . .

>

> Your sugar tooth was looking for satisfaction when you saw those

carrots!

>

> Carrots are very high in sugar . . . But with your sugar cravings a

little shouldn't hurt, and may help you transition off so much sugar.

Celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, zucchini are all

good . . . especially if you have something to dip them in.

>

> If your oatmeal tasted like glue, you may have cooked it too

long. . . Follow the package directions. . . However, I think they

call for water . . .if you can tolerate it, use milk instead, . . .

To liven up oatmeal, you can add some chopped walnuts or pecans, a

few raisins (yeah they have sugar too - but a few should be OK), some

chopped apple and top it with cinnamon. . . Yummy! Just a little bit

of real maple sugar can sweeten it after you get past the initial

stages. Stevia will work for now. Oatmeal is one of my favorite

breakfasts! . . . but only when it's been " doctored " . I hate it plain!

>

> Hugs,

>

> Rogene

>

Hi Ballerina,

I've read both good and bad things about carrots. Some sites talk

about the great antifungal properties of carrots while more sites

regarding candida say to avoid them and beets due to the high

glycemic index. I think moderation is key.

As far as spicing up the oatmeal, I could never eat it

cooked...always gagged! My favorite is to eat it raw with pumpkin

seeds or pecans, a few frozen cherries and lots of finely shredded

coconut. Sometimes I'll do some other berry or some other nut to

switch it up. Sometimes I add Garden of Life Super Seed which has

cinnamon and spices along with probiotics and fiber.

Patty said she soaks her oats in apple cider which sounds so good.

Soaking is supposed to be really good for digestion...don't know if

you're having digestive troubles, but a lot of us do here. Love, PH

>

> I just got home from work, ballet, and shopping. I bought a huge

bag of carrots to munch on at work tomorrow! That's bad?

>

> I also bought Stevia (thanks to a woman who brought it up on this

board once) to put in my plain oatmeal, which I found out today

tastes like GLUE. (without the stevia or any kind of sugar in it)

>

> Re: I Need Sugar

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> LOL Ballerina,

>

>

>

> You really have the sugar cravings bad . . . .Keep in mind that

this is the very worst day you will have . . . It will get slightly

easier every day . . . By the time you get to three weeks, you should

be doing much better! . . .

>

>

>

> Some suggestions . . . drink a big glass of water everytime want

sugar, keep some fresh veggies on hand (but not carrots), find

something to do with your hands (and therefore mind), i.e. clean

closets, organize your kitchen, make something crafty, go for a

walk . . . nuts are great! . . . The smiggen of sugar you might find

in some food may not matter - if sugar is listed fifth or more down

the list of ingredients. . . But if you'll make all your foods from

scratch, you won't have to worry about that!

>

>

>

> Those little fungal nasties are going to try to break you

down . . . You gotta show them who's boss!

>

>

>

> I know it's hard . . . but I know you can do it! You're one smart

lady!

>

>

>

> Hugs and prayers,

>

>

>

> Rogene

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> <!--

>

> #ygrp-mkp{

> border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:14px

0px;padding:0px 14px;}

> #ygrp-mkp hr{

> border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

> #ygrp-mkp #hd{

> color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:bold;line-

height:122%;margin:10px 0px;}

> #ygrp-mkp #ads{

> margin-bottom:10px;}

> #ygrp-mkp .ad{

> padding:0 0;}

> #ygrp-mkp .ad a{

> color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}

> -->

>

>

>

> <!--

>

> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{

> font-family:Arial;}

> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{

> margin:10px 0px;font-weight:bold;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{

> margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

> -->

>

>

>

> <!--

>

> #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean,

sans-serif;}

> #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica,

clean, sans-serif;}

> #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}

> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}

> #ygrp-text{

> font-family:Georgia;

> }

> #ygrp-text p{

> margin:0 0 1em 0;}

> #ygrp-tpmsgs{

> font-family:Arial;

> clear:both;}

> #ygrp-vitnav{

> padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}

> #ygrp-vitnav a{

> padding:0 1px;}

> #ygrp-actbar{

> clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-

align:right;}

> #ygrp-actbar .left{

> float:left;white-space:nowrap;}

> ..bld{font-weight:bold;}

> #ygrp-grft{

> font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}

> #ygrp-ft{

> font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;

> padding:5px 0;

> }

> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{

> padding-bottom:10px;}

>

> #ygrp-vital{

> background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}

> #ygrp-vital #vithd{

> font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-

transform:uppercase;}

> #ygrp-vital ul{

> padding:0;margin:2px 0;}

> #ygrp-vital ul li{

> list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;

> }

> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

> font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-

align:right;padding-right:.5em;}

> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{

> font-weight:bold;}

> #ygrp-vital a{

> text-decoration:none;}

>

> #ygrp-vital a:hover{

> text-decoration:underline;}

>

> #ygrp-sponsor #hd{

> color:#999;font-size:77%;}

> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{

> padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}

> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{

> padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}

> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{

> list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}

> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{

> text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}

> #ygrp-sponsor #nc{

> background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}

> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{

> padding:8px 0;}

> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

> font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-

size:100%;line-height:122%;}

> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{

> text-decoration:none;}

> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{

> text-decoration:underline;}

> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{

> margin:0;}

> o{font-size:0;}

> ..MsoNormal{

> margin:0 0 0 0;}

> #ygrp-text tt{

> font-size:120%;}

> blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}

> ..replbq{margin:4;}

> -->

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>

Hi Ballerina,

I've read both good and bad things about carrots. Some sites talk

about the great antifungal properties of carrots while more sites

regarding candida say to avoid them and beets due to the high

glycemic index. I think moderation is key.

As far as spicing up the oatmeal, I could never eat it

cooked...always gagged! My favorite is to eat it raw with pumpkin

seeds or pecans, a few frozen cherries and lots of finely shredded

coconut. Sometimes I'll do some other berry or some other nut to

switch it up. Sometimes I add Garden of Life Super Seed which has

cinnamon and spices along with probiotics and fiber.

Patty said she soaks her oats in apple cider which sounds so good.

Soaking is supposed to be really good for digestion...don't know if

you're having digestive troubles, but a lot of us do here. Love, PH

>

> I just got home from work, ballet, and shopping. I bought a huge

bag of carrots to munch on at work tomorrow! That's bad?

>

> I also bought Stevia (thanks to a woman who brought it up on this

board once) to put in my plain oatmeal, which I found out today

tastes like GLUE. (without the stevia or any kind of sugar in it)

>

> Re: I Need Sugar

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> LOL Ballerina,

>

>

>

> You really have the sugar cravings bad . . . .Keep in mind that

this is the very worst day you will have . . . It will get slightly

easier every day . . . By the time you get to three weeks, you should

be doing much better! . . .

>

>

>

> Some suggestions . . . drink a big glass of water everytime want

sugar, keep some fresh veggies on hand (but not carrots), find

something to do with your hands (and therefore mind), i.e. clean

closets, organize your kitchen, make something crafty, go for a

walk . . . nuts are great! . . . The smiggen of sugar you might find

in some food may not matter - if sugar is listed fifth or more down

the list of ingredients. . . But if you'll make all your foods from

scratch, you won't have to worry about that!

>

>

>

> Those little fungal nasties are going to try to break you

down . . . You gotta show them who's boss!

>

>

>

> I know it's hard . . . but I know you can do it! You're one smart

lady!

>

>

>

> Hugs and prayers,

>

>

>