RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Thank you for your support:

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Patty, yes my rheumatologist called me yesterday morning. He told me that I must stay off my leg until the pain is gone. When he injected the Cortisone, he told me that I did not have to wait until it worked! The pain is no longer waking me up at night; however, there are times when I just cannot walk.

Take care sweet Patty....love you......Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`````````

US Worst in preventable death ranking> > > > Is this any surprise? What's worse is that it fell 4 places from a > decade ago. They attribute the problem to lack of health insurance > coverage. I, myself, would think diet has alot to do with it.> > France best, U.S. worst in preventable death ranking > By Will Dunham> Tue Jan 8, 12:21 AM ET> > France, Japan and Australia rated best and the United States worst in > new rankings focusing on preventable deaths due to treatable > conditions in 19 leading industrialized nations, researchers said on > Tuesday.> > If the U.S. health care system performed as well as those of those > top three countries, there would be 101,000 fewer deaths in the > United States per year, according to researchers writing in the > journal Health Affairs.> > Researchers Ellen Nolte and McKee of the London School of > Hygiene and Tropical Medicine tracked deaths that they deemed could > have been prevented by access to timely and effective health care, > and ranked nations on how they did.> > They called such deaths an important way to gauge the performance of > a country's health care system.> > Nolte said the large number of Americans who lack any type of health > insurance -- about 47 million people in a country of about 300 > million, according to U.S. government estimates -- probably was a key > factor in the poor showing of the United States compared to other > industrialized nations in the study.> > "I wouldn't say it (the last-place ranking) is a condemnation, > because I think health care in the U.S. is pretty good if you have > access. But if you don't, I think that's the main problem, isn't it?" > Nolte said in a telephone interview.> > In establishing their rankings, the researchers considered deaths > before age 75 from numerous causes, including heart disease, stroke, > certain cancers, diabetes, certain bacterial infections and > complications of common surgical procedures.> > Such deaths accounted for 23 percent of overall deaths in men and 32 > percent of deaths in women, the researchers said.> > France did best -- with 64.8 deaths deemed preventable by timely and > effective health care per 100,000 people, in the study period of 2002 > and 2003. Japan had 71.2 and Australia had 71.3 such deaths per > 100,000 people. The United States had 109.7 such deaths per 100,000 > people, the researchers said.> > After the top three, Spain was fourth best, followed in order by > Italy, Canada, Norway, the Netherlands, Sweden, Greece, Austria, > Germany, Finland, New Zealand, Denmark, Britain, Ireland and > Portugal, with the United States last.> > PREVIOUS RANKINGS> > The researchers compared these rankings with rankings for the same 19 > countries covering the period of 1997 and 1998. France and Japan also > were first and second in those rankings, while the United States was > 15th, meaning it fell four places in the latest rankings.> > All the countries made progress in reducing preventable deaths from > these earlier rankings, the researchers said. These types of deaths > dropped by an average of 16 percent for the nations in the study, but > the U.S. decline was only 4 percent.> > The research was backed by the Commonwealth Fund, a private New York-> based health policy foundation.> > "It is startling to see the U.S. falling even farther behind on this > crucial indicator of health system performance," Commonwealth Fund > Senior Vice President Schoen said.> > "The fact that other countries are reducing these preventable deaths > more rapidly, yet spending far less, indicates that policy, goals and > efforts to improve health systems make a difference," Schoen added in > a statement.> > (Editing by Osterman)>

Patty, yes my rheumatologist called me yesterday morning. He told me that I must stay off my leg until the pain is gone. When he injected the Cortisone, he told me that I did not have to wait until it worked! The pain is no longer waking me up at night; however, there are times when I just cannot walk.

Take care sweet Patty....love you......Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`````````

US Worst in preventable death ranking> > > > Is this any surprise? What's worse is that it fell 4 places from a > decade ago. They attribute the problem to lack of health insurance > coverage. I, myself, would think diet has alot to do with it.> > France best, U.S. worst in preventable death ranking > By Will Dunham> Tue Jan 8, 12:21 AM ET> > France, Japan and Australia rated best and the United States worst in > new rankings focusing on preventable deaths due to treatable > conditions in 19 leading industrialized nations, researchers said on > Tuesday.> > If the U.S. health care system performed as well as those of those > top three countries, there would be 101,000 fewer deaths in the > United States per year, according to researchers writing in the > journal Health Affairs.> > Researchers Ellen Nolte and McKee of the London School of > Hygiene and Tropical Medicine tracked deaths that they deemed could > have been prevented by access to timely and effective health care, > and ranked nations on how they did.> > They called such deaths an important way to gauge the performance of > a country's health care system.> > Nolte said the large number of Americans who lack any type of health > insurance -- about 47 million people in a country of about 300 > million, according to U.S. government estimates -- probably was a key > factor in the poor showing of the United States compared to other > industrialized nations in the study.> > "I wouldn't say it (the last-place ranking) is a condemnation, > because I think health care in the U.S. is pretty good if you have > access. But if you don't, I think that's the main problem, isn't it?" > Nolte said in a telephone interview.> > In establishing their rankings, the researchers considered deaths > before age 75 from numerous causes, including heart disease, stroke, > certain cancers, diabetes, certain bacterial infections and > complications of common surgical procedures.> > Such deaths accounted for 23 percent of overall deaths in men and 32 > percent of deaths in women, the researchers said.> > France did best -- with 64.8 deaths deemed preventable by timely and > effective health care per 100,000 people, in the study period of 2002 > and 2003. Japan had 71.2 and Australia had 71.3 such deaths per > 100,000 people. The United States had 109.7 such deaths per 100,000 > people, the researchers said.> > After the top three, Spain was fourth best, followed in order by > Italy, Canada, Norway, the Netherlands, Sweden, Greece, Austria, > Germany, Finland, New Zealand, Denmark, Britain, Ireland and > Portugal, with the United States last.> > PREVIOUS RANKINGS> > The researchers compared these rankings with rankings for the same 19 > countries covering the period of 1997 and 1998. France and Japan also > were first and second in those rankings, while the United States was > 15th, meaning it fell four places in the latest rankings.> > All the countries made progress in reducing preventable deaths from > these earlier rankings, the researchers said. These types of deaths > dropped by an average of 16 percent for the nations in the study, but > the U.S. decline was only 4 percent.> > The research was backed by the Commonwealth Fund, a private New York-> based health policy foundation.> > "It is startling to see the U.S. falling even farther behind on this > crucial indicator of health system performance," Commonwealth Fund > Senior Vice President Schoen said.> > "The fact that other countries are reducing these preventable deaths > more rapidly, yet spending far less, indicates that policy, goals and > efforts to improve health systems make a difference," Schoen added in > a statement.> > (Editing by Osterman)>