RemedySpot.com

Erythromelagia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Magnesium Research Lab web site

http://magnesiumresearchlab.com/index.asp , this is a very informative site it has alot of info and can be overwhelming, but it is awesome !

and this site:

TEA , http://www.erythromelalgia.org/tea/skins/cms/viewpage.php?pname=Treatment

“The Treatment of Erythromelalgia†In his article, “The Treatment of Erythromelalgia,†(released February 2007) Dr. Cohen discusses a wide variety of possible therapies: “In my experience, there are three types of medications that have demonstrated the best results in treating EM.†They are calcium antagonists (prescription drugs and magnesium), serotonin reuptake and serotonin norenpinephrine inhibitors and gabapentin. There also are many other medications and medical interventions that are helpful for some people. However, there are difficulties in treating EM and Dr. Cohen provides an explanation for those challenges.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Magnesium Research Lab web site

http://magnesiumresearchlab.com/index.asp , this is a very informative site it has alot of info and can be overwhelming, but it is awesome !

and this site:

TEA , http://www.erythromelalgia.org/tea/skins/cms/viewpage.php?pname=Treatment

“The Treatment of Erythromelalgia†In his article, “The Treatment of Erythromelalgia,†(released February 2007) Dr. Cohen discusses a wide variety of possible therapies: “In my experience, there are three types of medications that have demonstrated the best results in treating EM.†They are calcium antagonists (prescription drugs and magnesium), serotonin reuptake and serotonin norenpinephrine inhibitors and gabapentin. There also are many other medications and medical interventions that are helpful for some people. However, there are difficulties in treating EM and Dr. Cohen provides an explanation for those challenges.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Cristen . . .

Welcome to !

The website Dede recommended is excellent . . .

I credit Dr. Mansmann (www.magnesiumresearchlab.com) with saving my life! . . . I have Erythromelalgia too . . . It had reached the point where I had to consider if walking across the room was worth the pain. I would get into a big box store and wonder how I was going to get out . . . Hubby offered to get a wheel chair for me numerous times!

What I didn't know was that medications, . . . especially Neurontin . . . depletes ones store of Magnesium. This causes the body to mess up signals sent to blood vessels . . . telling blood to flow to the exterior, or interior, of the body erroneously. There are other drugs that deplete magnesium too . . . Levoquin appears to be one . . . Effexor is another. Unfortunately Neurontin is the recommended drug for this condition . . . It does not treat the problem, it just blocks one of the pain channels that tells the brain that you are in pain.

The website is really hard to read because he gives you the name and abbreviation of something once, then you have to remember what it stands for. i.e. mg = magnesium, mgd = magnesium deficiency . . Take your time to read it though! . . . He has information to take to your doctor. . . When I took it to mine, she confessed she didn't know enough about nutrition, and recommended I see a naturopathic doctor.

Magnesium kicks in about an hour after taking it, and lasts for about six hours . . . so you will want to take it 3-4 times a day. .. It needs to be a form of Magnesium that the body can easily absorb. . . So, finding a good brand is very important.

The good news is that it's very manageable. . . Since learning about the magnesium issues, I've been able to do great!

Hugs,

Rogene

Cristen . . .

Welcome to !

The website Dede recommended is excellent . . .

I credit Dr. Mansmann (www.magnesiumresearchlab.com) with saving my life! . . . I have Erythromelalgia too . . . It had reached the point where I had to consider if walking across the room was worth the pain. I would get into a big box store and wonder how I was going to get out . . . Hubby offered to get a wheel chair for me numerous times!

What I didn't know was that medications, . . . especially Neurontin . . . depletes ones store of Magnesium. This causes the body to mess up signals sent to blood vessels . . . telling blood to flow to the exterior, or interior, of the body erroneously. There are other drugs that deplete magnesium too . . . Levoquin appears to be one . . . Effexor is another. Unfortunately Neurontin is the recommended drug for this condition . . . It does not treat the problem, it just blocks one of the pain channels that tells the brain that you are in pain.

The website is really hard to read because he gives you the name and abbreviation of something once, then you have to remember what it stands for. i.e. mg = magnesium, mgd = magnesium deficiency . . Take your time to read it though! . . . He has information to take to your doctor. . . When I took it to mine, she confessed she didn't know enough about nutrition, and recommended I see a naturopathic doctor.

Magnesium kicks in about an hour after taking it, and lasts for about six hours . . . so you will want to take it 3-4 times a day. .. It needs to be a form of Magnesium that the body can easily absorb. . . So, finding a good brand is very important.

The good news is that it's very manageable. . . Since learning about the magnesium issues, I've been able to do great!

Hugs,

Rogene