RemedySpot.com

Re: Important/ Please read: Why Not A Class Action Law Suit???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Cathie, thank you for your gentle rant, because they are getting away with murder. The rupture rate is close to 100% in silicone breast implants alone. The new and improved Jell-O implants will leak slowly into the body. I wonder if they tell the women this when they ask them to sign the waiver? Saline implants have not been banned, and look at their record....they are unsafe...their comment is always prove it!

Honey, I was an official opt out and that hurt me more than if I had not opted out. They really can win any argument when they have you sitting in front of them. We become victims all over again, and the FDA will never help us.

We know that lawyers have been bought, and it is easier to take a million than to litigate our cases. This should be looked into; however, where do we find someone we can trust. Health Canada is being sued by Canadian women. The court threw out their case; however, they have appealed, and now we must wait for the Appeal Judge to make his final decision sometime in March.

We all hope that he reinstates the case...prayers are needed here.

Love you always...........Lea

These little rats know the truth:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Important/ Please read: Why Not A Class Action Law Suit???

These are just some thoughts I had today:You know, I don't think anyone else can sue for damages, because of the Global Settlement, but I am not sure. To tell you the truth, all of this, for the last 15 years, has been so overwhelming that between that and health issues, there is no way I have been able to keep up with it... I think this is right though... I know Rogene, who has an incredible memory, probably knows all of the ins and outs of this... Maybe she will post here...Perhaps approaching from another direction might be something that could be considered... These manufacturers and some of the "highly esteemed" (gag) medical institutions, have studies that show there are no problems with implants. Not one time has anyone done widespread epidemiological studies looking at large numbers of implanted women who are reporting problems, AND THEIR SYMPTOMS, as far as I know... Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Mayo Clinic studies were done by looking at implanted womens' charts for established medical diagnoses of Connective Tissue Disease. They were not evaluated for a collection of unusual symptoms, or symptoms that appeared to be some sort of Connective Tissue Disease, in women who all had one thing in common-implants, as far as I know.I do not know all of the ins and outs of epidemiological studies, but it seems to me this works quite a bit differently than studies done so far. I mean, if rats in Arizona are making people sick, or worse, the CDC comes to find out what is going on. Why not with implants, although I doubt the CDC would be the appropriate agency to go after... Maybe NIH, or FDA... I don't even know if this is a possibility.There is plenty of supporting information to show that there were problems. It is not like we don't have something to show for problems that are ongoing, or at least this is the way I see this. Take a look at some of the Discovery papers that showed up in the first lawsuits. At least some of this incriminating information revealed terrible problems with the implants, and apparently was supposed to be sealed in these lawsuits. I don't know who leaked this to the FDA, but I hope they get a star in their crown or win the lottery...So, even though there would probably be no monetary gain, what about a lawsuit to force this type of study? It would not necessarily have to include only implanted women, but could be expanded to include others with various silicone implants or devices...Here are some of the Where There's smoke There's Fire documents... Check these out ladies...http://implants.clic.net/tony/Smoke/4.htmlShameful!!!This:http://members.aol.com/dowlied/page5/I think there are more of these. This is the first one that popped up...And this:http://lists.paleopsych.org/pipermail/paleopsych/2006-November/006004.htmlHis work, attempting to help women who were sick, cost him his medical career. Previously, he had been a highly esteemed physician who was well regarded by his peers...Further, I know there is a link on the Internet somewhere that discusses the number of people on Social Security who seem to have problems with siicone devices, not just implants but other devices. I think this even mentioned the need for further investigation-nothing was ever done... Maybe I can do some searching and find this...Comments please.Cathie**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Cathie, thank you for your gentle rant, because they are getting away with murder. The rupture rate is close to 100% in silicone breast implants alone. The new and improved Jell-O implants will leak slowly into the body. I wonder if they tell the women this when they ask them to sign the waiver? Saline implants have not been banned, and look at their record....they are unsafe...their comment is always prove it!

Honey, I was an official opt out and that hurt me more than if I had not opted out. They really can win any argument when they have you sitting in front of them. We become victims all over again, and the FDA will never help us.

We know that lawyers have been bought, and it is easier to take a million than to litigate our cases. This should be looked into; however, where do we find someone we can trust. Health Canada is being sued by Canadian women. The court threw out their case; however, they have appealed, and now we must wait for the Appeal Judge to make his final decision sometime in March.

We all hope that he reinstates the case...prayers are needed here.

Love you always...........Lea

These little rats know the truth:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Important/ Please read: Why Not A Class Action Law Suit???

These are just some thoughts I had today:You know, I don't think anyone else can sue for damages, because of the Global Settlement, but I am not sure. To tell you the truth, all of this, for the last 15 years, has been so overwhelming that between that and health issues, there is no way I have been able to keep up with it... I think this is right though... I know Rogene, who has an incredible memory, probably knows all of the ins and outs of this... Maybe she will post here...Perhaps approaching from another direction might be something that could be considered... These manufacturers and some of the "highly esteemed" (gag) medical institutions, have studies that show there are no problems with implants. Not one time has anyone done widespread epidemiological studies looking at large numbers of implanted women who are reporting problems, AND THEIR SYMPTOMS, as far as I know... Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Mayo Clinic studies were done by looking at implanted womens' charts for established medical diagnoses of Connective Tissue Disease. They were not evaluated for a collection of unusual symptoms, or symptoms that appeared to be some sort of Connective Tissue Disease, in women who all had one thing in common-implants, as far as I know.I do not know all of the ins and outs of epidemiological studies, but it seems to me this works quite a bit differently than studies done so far. I mean, if rats in Arizona are making people sick, or worse, the CDC comes to find out what is going on. Why not with implants, although I doubt the CDC would be the appropriate agency to go after... Maybe NIH, or FDA... I don't even know if this is a possibility.There is plenty of supporting information to show that there were problems. It is not like we don't have something to show for problems that are ongoing, or at least this is the way I see this. Take a look at some of the Discovery papers that showed up in the first lawsuits. At least some of this incriminating information revealed terrible problems with the implants, and apparently was supposed to be sealed in these lawsuits. I don't know who leaked this to the FDA, but I hope they get a star in their crown or win the lottery...So, even though there would probably be no monetary gain, what about a lawsuit to force this type of study? It would not necessarily have to include only implanted women, but could be expanded to include others with various silicone implants or devices...Here are some of the Where There's smoke There's Fire documents... Check these out ladies...http://implants.clic.net/tony/Smoke/4.htmlShameful!!!This:http://members.aol.com/dowlied/page5/I think there are more of these. This is the first one that popped up...And this:http://lists.paleopsych.org/pipermail/paleopsych/2006-November/006004.htmlHis work, attempting to help women who were sick, cost him his medical career. Previously, he had been a highly esteemed physician who was well regarded by his peers...Further, I know there is a link on the Internet somewhere that discusses the number of people on Social Security who seem to have problems with siicone devices, not just implants but other devices. I think this even mentioned the need for further investigation-nothing was ever done... Maybe I can do some searching and find this...Comments please.Cathie**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Rogene:

I would think people would have to consult with an attorney who has handled these lawsuits previously for an opinion on this. They would be more likely to be in the know as far as what could or could not be done, without jeopardizing attorney/manufacturer agreements... They might not be able to litigate a case like this, but perhaps some direction???

Cathie

In a message dated 1/14/08 6:08:23 PM, saxony01@... writes:

Thanks Cathie. Great idea! I haven't heard of anyone attacking the problem from this angle.

I invite everyone here to ask any attorney they know for their opinion on this! . . . Surely there is some way we can force studies through the court, even if those who logically would do those studies refuse to do so!

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

The studies were done but didn't do any good... They were covered up.. Or maybe done on women not sick... Manufacturers paid for there own studies.. as well as cigarette companies did...Same thing..

There has been no studies for saline what so ever..

There has been plenty of good honest people to tell the FDA the truth, yet it is ignored... There has been law suit after law suit filed across the US, then all dismissed since there has been no studies.. No shot to sue for silicone unless in the study.. No lawyers will take the cases... Others who take on a product liability, for faulty valves, they fail due to daubert law or junk science laws... the Silicone is newly approved and on the market, so no shot there... We are bound... They attempt murder daily, just think all the parents who believe in our FDA, getting there little insecure, 18 year old some implants for graduation, etc.. It makes me sick daily, yet nothing we can do... EXCEPT... one voice at a time.. Build our Army.. Stay strong to help each other and warn everyone in our path.. I have warned so many... Even educated a few doctors I have seen in the past two years... The lady who did my mammogram not to long ago, was very interested in my story.. The research center for breast cancer in my area, was very interested...They even told me if they hear of women complaining of my symptoms, they would call me and try to help women...I had one doctor do just that, called me and ask me to contact DEB a lady sick from her implants... She went to Dr. Kolb... We are being heard, slowly.. But surely...

God Bless All,

~Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

The studies were done but didn't do any good... They were covered up.. Or maybe done on women not sick... Manufacturers paid for there own studies.. as well as cigarette companies did...Same thing..

There has been no studies for saline what so ever..

There has been plenty of good honest people to tell the FDA the truth, yet it is ignored... There has been law suit after law suit filed across the US, then all dismissed since there has been no studies.. No shot to sue for silicone unless in the study.. No lawyers will take the cases... Others who take on a product liability, for faulty valves, they fail due to daubert law or junk science laws... the Silicone is newly approved and on the market, so no shot there... We are bound... They attempt murder daily, just think all the parents who believe in our FDA, getting there little insecure, 18 year old some implants for graduation, etc.. It makes me sick daily, yet nothing we can do... EXCEPT... one voice at a time.. Build our Army.. Stay strong to help each other and warn everyone in our path.. I have warned so many... Even educated a few doctors I have seen in the past two years... The lady who did my mammogram not to long ago, was very interested in my story.. The research center for breast cancer in my area, was very interested...They even told me if they hear of women complaining of my symptoms, they would call me and try to help women...I had one doctor do just that, called me and ask me to contact DEB a lady sick from her implants... She went to Dr. Kolb... We are being heard, slowly.. But surely...

God Bless All,

Rogene,

I had two Attorneys contact the Attorney Generals office in California... They said if one lady fears she may get sick from her Saline Breast Implants, they can force medical monitoring from the manufacturer, for women with implants... Will this work, unless we have our 4 faithful doctor's as the monitors... Dr. Kolb said she would do it, she has saline and fears daily she will get sick... They said, No it is a conflict of interest... So now what? The Attorney's have bolted, to much money.. However there was one Attorney in California who was very interested in this idea... I need his name and I will get it soon...

Rogene,

I had two Attorneys contact the Attorney Generals office in California... They said if one lady fears she may get sick from her Saline Breast Implants, they can force medical monitoring from the manufacturer, for women with implants... Will this work, unless we have our 4 faithful doctor's as the monitors... Dr. Kolb said she would do it, she has saline and fears daily she will get sick... They said, No it is a conflict of interest... So now what? The Attorney's have bolted, to much money.. However there was one Attorney in California who was very interested in this idea... I need his name and I will get it soon...

I'm all for anything that gets their attention! . . .

Dede, If there's anyone who can think of something outrageous to get "their" attention, it's YOU!

Go Girl!

Love,

Rogene

Cathie,

I doubt that any single one of us could motivate an attorney to take this on . . .

But if enough of us contact enough attorney's, I figure that some attorney, somewhere has a family member suffering too . . enough to commit the resouces of his law firm to take on something like this!

Love,

Rogene

Re: Important/ Please read: Why Not A Class Action Law Suit???

Rogene:I would think people would have to consult with an attorney who has handled these lawsuits previously for an opinion on this. They would be more likely to be in the know as far as what could or could not be done, without jeopardizing attorney/manufactur er agreements.. . They might not be able to litigate a case like this, but perhaps some direction???CathieIn a message dated 1/14/08 6:08:23 PM, saxony01 (DOT) com writes:

Thanks Cathie. Great idea! I haven't heard of anyone attacking the problem from this angle. I invite everyone here to ask any attorney they know for their opinion on this! . . . Surely there is some way we can force studies through the court, even if those who logically would do those studies refuse to do so!************ **Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body. aol.com/fitness/ winter-exercise? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002489