RemedySpot.com

Re: Skin Pain...MGUS does have symptoms:

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/16/08 12:02:53 PM, devans@... writes:

Cathie, this is interesting, because many of the women who are positive for MGUS have a burning tongue. Do you think that there could be a connection?

Love you...Lea

Today, I just burn all over, since I am once again attempting to reduce my steroids. I asked the Oncologist if I would have symptoms from the MGUS and she did not feel that I would. Since there is also a form of neuropathy caused by the elevated protein, present in Multiple Myeloma and MGUS, I really question that. Of course, according to what she said, they would treat with Prednisone, and I am already on that...

Cathie**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

In a message dated 1/16/08 12:02:53 PM, devans@... writes:

Cathie, this is interesting, because many of the women who are positive for MGUS have a burning tongue. Do you think that there could be a connection?

Love you...Lea

Today, I just burn all over, since I am once again attempting to reduce my steroids. I asked the Oncologist if I would have symptoms from the MGUS and she did not feel that I would. Since there is also a form of neuropathy caused by the elevated protein, present in Multiple Myeloma and MGUS, I really question that. Of course, according to what she said, they would treat with Prednisone, and I am already on that...

Cathie**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Love you...Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Re: Skin Pain

In a message dated 1/15/08 7:28:14 PM, devanscompusmart (DOT) ab.ca writes:

Thank you for this Cathie, I love ginger, and it might help my burning tongue. Do you have a burning tongue?Yes, I sure do. See other post for what I use...Cathie**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Thanks Lea... Were your Uric Acid levels elevated when you had this? The lab result showed 1152, normal range is 65-630, nearly twice normal levels. What is of concern here, is that I am also positive for MGUS... I know this can be elevated in Multiple Myeloma... Scary...

Cathie

In a message dated 1/17/08 11:31:04 AM, devans@... writes:

Cathie, I am sorry that you are having so much pain. I had gout many years ago, it was in my big toe. The doctor asked if I drank red wine, and if I had been eating rich, fat food. The answer was no, it took several months to get better. It has never come back, but I have so much pain in my back and my legs and feet.The burning in my feet is gone, and many women had this awful symptom.

Honey, hang in there, I know that living with pain is no fun. Marjorie L. wrote to me this morning, and wanted to know what to do for her burning tongue. The only comfort that I get is to scrape my tongue, and to use liquid Nilstat. Many doctors have told me that it is caused from stress....wonders me. 

Take care...love you.........Take

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Thanks Lea... Were your Uric Acid levels elevated when you had this? The lab result showed 1152, normal range is 65-630, nearly twice normal levels. What is of concern here, is that I am also positive for MGUS... I know this can be elevated in Multiple Myeloma... Scary...

Cathie

In a message dated 1/17/08 11:31:04 AM, devans@... writes:

Cathie, I am sorry that you are having so much pain. I had gout many years ago, it was in my big toe. The doctor asked if I drank red wine, and if I had been eating rich, fat food. The answer was no, it took several months to get better. It has never come back, but I have so much pain in my back and my legs and feet.The burning in my feet is gone, and many women had this awful symptom.

Honey, hang in there, I know that living with pain is no fun. Marjorie L. wrote to me this morning, and wanted to know what to do for her burning tongue. The only comfort that I get is to scrape my tongue, and to use liquid Nilstat. Many doctors have told me that it is caused from stress....wonders me. 

Take care...love you.........Take

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Cathie, I am sorry that you are having so much pain. I had gout many years ago, it was in my big toe. The doctor asked if I drank red wine, and if I had been eating rich, fat food. The answer was no, it took several months to get better. It has never come back, but I have so much pain in my back and my legs and feet.The burning in my feet is gone, and many women had this awful symptom.

Honey, hang in there, I know that living with pain is no fun. Marjorie L. wrote to me this morning, and wanted to know what to do for her burning tongue. The only comfort that I get is to scrape my tongue, and to use liquid Nilstat. Many doctors have told me that it is caused from stress....wonders me.

Take care...love you..........Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

In a message dated 1/16/08 12:02:53 PM, devanscompusmart (DOT) ab.ca writes:

Cathie, this is interesting, because many of the women who are positive for MGUS have a burning tongue. Do you think that there could be a connection? Love you...LeaToday, I just burn all over, since I am once again attempting to reduce my steroids. I asked the Oncologist if I would have symptoms from the MGUS and she did not feel that I would. Since there is also a form of neuropathy caused by the elevated protein, present in Multiple Myeloma and MGUS, I really question that. Of course, according to what she said, they would treat with Prednisone, and I am already on that...Cathie**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Cathie, I am sorry that you are having so much pain. I had gout many years ago, it was in my big toe. The doctor asked if I drank red wine, and if I had been eating rich, fat food. The answer was no, it took several months to get better. It has never come back, but I have so much pain in my back and my legs and feet.The burning in my feet is gone, and many women had this awful symptom.

Honey, hang in there, I know that living with pain is no fun. Marjorie L. wrote to me this morning, and wanted to know what to do for her burning tongue. The only comfort that I get is to scrape my tongue, and to use liquid Nilstat. Many doctors have told me that it is caused from stress....wonders me.

Take care...love you..........Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

In a message dated 1/16/08 12:02:53 PM, devanscompusmart (DOT) ab.ca writes:

Cathie, this is interesting, because many of the women who are positive for MGUS have a burning tongue. Do you think that there could be a connection? Love you...LeaToday, I just burn all over, since I am once again attempting to reduce my steroids. I asked the Oncologist if I would have symptoms from the MGUS and she did not feel that I would. Since there is also a form of neuropathy caused by the elevated protein, present in Multiple Myeloma and MGUS, I really question that. Of course, according to what she said, they would treat with Prednisone, and I am already on that...Cathie**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Cathie, I have mild kidney failure and a cystic lesion on my kidney, but my doctors have not checked my Uric Acid! They just take care of my symptoms, or I should say that they put Band-Aids on my health problems.

Honey, did you read the article that I posted today. It seems like many things can cause our Uric acid levels to go up or down. Please do not get too stressed out over this. We have been positive for so long that I really doubt that our MGUS will become MM, but it is a worry.

Marjorie has me worried, because she told me in another email today that she would be better off dead, and then she apologized for making that comment. She is in so much pain, and it breaks my heart to see her all alone. I try to write to her each day to give her hope.

Take care...love you....Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Thanks Lea... Were your Uric Acid levels elevated when you had this? The lab result showed 1152, normal range is 65-630, nearly twice normal levels. What is of concern here, is that I am also positive for MGUS... I know this can be elevated in Multiple Myeloma... Scary...CathieIn a message dated 1/17/08 11:31:04 AM, devanscompusmart (DOT) ab.ca writes:

Cathie, I am sorry that you are having so much pain. I had gout many years ago, it was in my big toe. The doctor asked if I drank red wine, and if I had been eating rich, fat food. The answer was no, it took several months to get better. It has never come back, but I have so much pain in my back and my legs and feet.The burning in my feet is gone, and many women had this awful symptom. Honey, hang in there, I know that living with pain is no fun. Marjorie L. wrote to me this morning, and wanted to know what to do for her burning tongue. The only comfort that I get is to scrape my tongue, and to use liquid Nilstat. Many doctors have told me that it is caused from stress....wonders me. Take care...love you.........Take~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

My hubby has occasional problems with gout . . .

We've noticed that certain foods trigger bouts . . . especially foods like oranges, grapefruit, fish and tomatoes.

It's really important to drink a lot of water! . . That keeps the uric acid concentrations diluted.

And, regardless of whether one is having flare or not, it's important to remain on the medication.

Permanent damage can result from repeated bouts.

Rogene