RemedySpot.com

MUSCLE MASS ???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Rogene,

You will feel great with simple walking. I have not got my thyroid taken care of yet and my 18 year old son takes me walking to lose the weight. And I have got to admit I don't feel like doing it at the moment but once I get going it feels great!!!!!!!!

In a message dated 1/17/2008 11:17:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

Wonderful ! . . .

I'm impressed with the amount of weight you're doing! . . .

I need to get back to a regular fittness program too!

It definitely makes a difference.

Hugs,

Rogene

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Sandy,

Rogene is right you need to exercise . I lost all my muscles. Now I am very muscular. Once I started taking Green Superfood by Garden of life I started to build muscle. I took 10 tablets a day. (5 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon). I was 85lbs. and I needed something fast. Yep, Green Superfood Caplets did it for me.

a miracle,

In a message dated 1/18/2008 12:11:29 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

Sandy,

The only way you get muscle mass is by using your muscles . . . move, move, move . . . exercise, exercise, exercise.

The sad thing is that, as people lose muscle mass, they tend to do ever less - thereby losing more muscle mass.

It's hard work, but you're still young, and you can do it!

Hugs,

Rogene

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

My hubby was worried that I was not progressing enough and that my mucsles were weak. So he made me go to the health club and work with a trainer. The trainer we have is somewhat knowledgable about chronic illness, as he has other clients who have fibro and arthritis. Well, I have been going for a little over a month. The trainer has me alternate cardio workout (walking on the treadmill) and weight training. My hubby and I used to work out together all the time before I got sick and I used to lift some pretty good weights. Now I can only do small weights like 5 to 10lbs. for the large muscle groups. Anyway, after doing this for about a month, I have noticed my muscles seem to be stronger and I have more energy thoughout the day. He did put me on Creatine, because he said fibro patients don't repair their muscles like healthier people. He also has me on a higher protien diet. Knowing my limitations,

ignoring my pride, and sticking to the regimine has really helped. It is very important that if you want to start getting exercise, see someone who is aware of your chronic conditions. I didn't know that there are some exercises fibro people must stay away from, because it makes the conditions worse. Good luck, dusty.com@... wrote: I lost all my muscle mass What do we take for

that ? Do we ever get that back ?? Sandy~ -

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

My hubby was worried that I was not progressing enough and that my mucsles were weak. So he made me go to the health club and work with a trainer. The trainer we have is somewhat knowledgable about chronic illness, as he has other clients who have fibro and arthritis. Well, I have been going for a little over a month. The trainer has me alternate cardio workout (walking on the treadmill) and weight training. My hubby and I used to work out together all the time before I got sick and I used to lift some pretty good weights. Now I can only do small weights like 5 to 10lbs. for the large muscle groups. Anyway, after doing this for about a month, I have noticed my muscles seem to be stronger and I have more energy thoughout the day. He did put me on Creatine, because he said fibro patients don't repair their muscles like healthier people. He also has me on a higher protien diet. Knowing my limitations,

ignoring my pride, and sticking to the regimine has really helped. It is very important that if you want to start getting exercise, see someone who is aware of your chronic conditions. I didn't know that there are some exercises fibro people must stay away from, because it makes the conditions worse. Good luck, dusty.com@... wrote: I lost all my muscle mass What do we take for

that ? Do we ever get that back ?? Sandy~ -

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Wonderful ! . . .

I'm impressed with the amount of weight you're doing! . . .

I need to get back to a regular fittness program too!

It definitely makes a difference.

Hugs,

Rogene

Sandy,

The only way you get muscle mass is by using your muscles . . . move, move, move . . . exercise, exercise, exercise.

The sad thing is that, as people lose muscle mass, they tend to do ever less - thereby losing more muscle mass.

It's hard work, but you're still young, and you can do it!

Hugs,

Rogene

Thanks,

I'm doing fine . . . I don't particpate in a regular exercise program because we're in Mesa, AZ now . . . But I square danced six hours yesterday and today . . . will do four hours tomorrow . . . Anywhere from two to six hours a day while we're here.

Being retired is tough work . . . but somebody has to do it!

Hugs,

Rogene

Thanks,

I'm doing fine . . . I don't particpate in a regular exercise program because we're in Mesa, AZ now . . . But I square danced six hours yesterday and today . . . will do four hours tomorrow . . . Anywhere from two to six hours a day while we're here.

Being retired is tough work . . . but somebody has to do it!

Hugs,

Rogene

Thanks Rogene, I am impressed with myself because I actually go everyday. However, while there I am NOT. It is hard because I used to do so much more. It is embarrassing when a someone in their 70's moves the weights up after I use the machine. There are some days where I am on a treadmmil and a grandma is walking faster and harder. I have to keep my pride in check. I just take it one day at a time. I have been trying to keep a journal. I am improving on the treadmil, my intensity isn't getting better, but my lenth of time is improving. I have noticed something crazy...my knee, ankles, and hips dont hurt as bad now. I was afraid to start because my joints in my legs hurt when I walk long distances. Well, they did at first, I even remember crying in the shower at the Gym because I hurt so bad. Now, I don't hurt as much throughout the day even. Funny, it took my

hubby to force me to go to realize this. saxony01 <saxony01@...> wrote: Wonderful ! . . . I'm impressed with the amount of weight

you're doing! . . . I need to get back to a regular fittness program too! It definitely makes a difference. Hugs, Rogene -

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Thanks Rogene, I am impressed with myself because I actually go everyday. However, while there I am NOT. It is hard because I used to do so much more. It is embarrassing when a someone in their 70's moves the weights up after I use the machine. There are some days where I am on a treadmmil and a grandma is walking faster and harder. I have to keep my pride in check. I just take it one day at a time. I have been trying to keep a journal. I am improving on the treadmil, my intensity isn't getting better, but my lenth of time is improving. I have noticed something crazy...my knee, ankles, and hips dont hurt as bad now. I was afraid to start because my joints in my legs hurt when I walk long distances. Well, they did at first, I even remember crying in the shower at the Gym because I hurt so bad. Now, I don't hurt as much throughout the day even. Funny, it took my

hubby to force me to go to realize this. saxony01 <saxony01@...> wrote: Wonderful ! . . . I'm impressed with the amount of weight

you're doing! . . . I need to get back to a regular fittness program too! It definitely makes a difference. Hugs, Rogene -

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I am so happy for you that you are seeing this improvment!

Exercising and moving is helping to lubricate your joints and get

those muscles functioning again...wonderful!

Give Randy a hug from me and Dave and tell him we said Hi.

You both are special, and God is watching over you.

Prayers are going up for a very special and healing 2008 for your

family.

Love,

Patty

> Wonderful ! . . .

>

> I'm impressed with the amount of weight you're doing! . . .

>

> I need to get back to a regular fittness program too!

>

> It definitely makes a difference.

>

> Hugs,

>

> Rogene

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> -

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

I am so happy for you that you are seeing this improvment!

Exercising and moving is helping to lubricate your joints and get

those muscles functioning again...wonderful!

Give Randy a hug from me and Dave and tell him we said Hi.

You both are special, and God is watching over you.

Prayers are going up for a very special and healing 2008 for your

family.

Love,

Patty

> Wonderful ! . . .

>

> I'm impressed with the amount of weight you're doing! . . .

>

> I need to get back to a regular fittness program too!

>

> It definitely makes a difference.

>

> Hugs,

>

> Rogene

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> -

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>