RemedySpot.com

Rogene

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sue,

Just a series of feeling "different" . . . and an urge to get medical attention.

I thought I'd check in with the emergency room, maybe get a prescription, and be ready to dance that day . . . we had a dance scheduled at 1:00, 3:00 and 7:00 ... They told me I wasn't going to dance that day as soon as I got there!

Rogene

Sue,

Just a series of feeling "different" . . . and an urge to get medical attention.

I thought I'd check in with the emergency room, maybe get a prescription, and be ready to dance that day . . . we had a dance scheduled at 1:00, 3:00 and 7:00 ... They told me I wasn't going to dance that day as soon as I got there!

Rogene

• 1 month later...

,Are you taking any Primal Defense? . . . How much are you collecting from those drains today? Hopefully you can get them out - but don't push it if you're still draining a lot. Taking some pain meds might be what you need right now . . . You don't get any gold medals for toughing it out. If you're not "going" some Calcium/Magnesium may loosen things up so you can get going. . . Unfortunately, pain meds, and the other stuff they give you, can cause constipation. You might ask the doctor for a prescription antifungal to hit the stuff hard. Then start pushing the probiotics.Hugs and prayers,Rogene Rogene

Thanks for the advice....Rogene

I am just trying to get some comfort right now so I

Can sleep tonight ....I've had probably 5 total hours a

night because I am so miserable. My older son

Bradley is cooking and giving me my meds and

pampering me I am trying so hard to put a smile

on my face for him. I am crying and feeling emotional

again this is not good. My stomach is so uncomfortable.

Love The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.

,Are you taking any Primal Defense? . . . How much are you collecting from those drains today? Hopefully you can get them out - but don't push it if you're still draining a lot. Taking some pain meds might be what you need right now . . . You don't get any gold medals for toughing it out. If you're not "going" some Calcium/Magnesium may loosen things up so you can get going. . . Unfortunately, pain meds, and the other stuff they give you, can cause constipation. You might ask the doctor for a prescription antifungal to hit the stuff hard. Then start pushing the probiotics.Hugs and prayers,Rogene Rogene

Thanks for the advice....Rogene

I am just trying to get some comfort right now so I

Can sleep tonight ....I've had probably 5 total hours a

night because I am so miserable. My older son

Bradley is cooking and giving me my meds and

pampering me I am trying so hard to put a smile

on my face for him. I am crying and feeling emotional

again this is not good. My stomach is so uncomfortable.

Love The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.

Rogene,

I am so glad you pay so good attention to everyone hear ........I dont know how you do it but you

do such a great job at it. I have been taking the snot out of primal defense and eating my sauerkrat

that I made in the fridge and seems to be making the tummy feel better. I dont think I ever used Caprilyic Acid except recently before surgery and started feeling better. I did a fungal defense a couple years ago but Never tried the natural way until one of the girls told me about it here. I have got my bottles ordered and I am ready to do it as soon as I heal up ......Right? Or do I do that now? Do I use it for 14 days without probiotics because I was using it with the probiotics before the surgery?

I feel better when I load up on probiotics.

Love

In a message dated 2/16/2008 1:35:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

. . . If you feel your fungal issues are beyond what probiotics can handle, I'd stop probiotic supplements (keep eating probiotic foods) and use Caprylic Acid. . . Then go back to probiotic supplements. . . You may not need to stay with Caprylic Acid for a full course since you were in pretty good shape before antibiotics. . . You'll have to be the judge of that though. Dr. Feng may give you prescription for an antifungal that would let you skip Caprylic Acid if you ask her. I'm sure she knows what Cipro can do. I recently had to take it myself. . . I asked for an antifungal before leaving the doc's office. I took one as soon as I had finished the antibiotics and didn't need any more. The spit test says I'm doing fine. Hugs,Rogene

Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Rogene,

I am so glad you pay so good attention to everyone hear ........I dont know how you do it but you

do such a great job at it. I have been taking the snot out of primal defense and eating my sauerkrat

that I made in the fridge and seems to be making the tummy feel better. I dont think I ever used Caprilyic Acid except recently before surgery and started feeling better. I did a fungal defense a couple years ago but Never tried the natural way until one of the girls told me about it here. I have got my bottles ordered and I am ready to do it as soon as I heal up ......Right? Or do I do that now? Do I use it for 14 days without probiotics because I was using it with the probiotics before the surgery?

I feel better when I load up on probiotics.

Love

In a message dated 2/16/2008 1:35:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

. . . If you feel your fungal issues are beyond what probiotics can handle, I'd stop probiotic supplements (keep eating probiotic foods) and use Caprylic Acid. . . Then go back to probiotic supplements. . . You may not need to stay with Caprylic Acid for a full course since you were in pretty good shape before antibiotics. . . You'll have to be the judge of that though. Dr. Feng may give you prescription for an antifungal that would let you skip Caprylic Acid if you ask her. I'm sure she knows what Cipro can do. I recently had to take it myself. . . I asked for an antifungal before leaving the doc's office. I took one as soon as I had finished the antibiotics and didn't need any more. The spit test says I'm doing fine. Hugs,Rogene

Rogene,

Yes, I am trying to rest ..its not comfortable sitting in a recliner to sleep. I tried

laying on the bed but it hurts too much. I have walked 1/2 the day today and

the muscles spasm in my back is getting better too. I am trying deep breathes

and coughing exercising like Carey said and that helped my lungs to stop hurting.

Thank you for everything I feel so much better today......what a relief...........

and the shakeyness in my stomach has gotten a lot better too since I am

taking the snot out of primal defense.

Ya Know, sometimes its hard to understand everything on the computer exactly

what to do because we are so sick that I think we misinterupt it.

Love and many thanks,

In a message dated 2/16/2008 1:29:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

,That sounds like quite a bit of fluid . . but let someone who has been there, done that lately confirm that.Magnesium won't give you diarrhea if you need it. .. It's only when you pass your body's need for mg that you get diarrhea because the body absorbs what it needs then 'wastes' the rest. Because of the way foods are raised now, virtually everyone has a magnesium deficiency. You don't need to be afraid of it, by any means. It's vitally important for many body functions. If you'll gradually increase Magnesium to the point where you're getting diarrhea, then back off, you'll benefit immensely. I hate antibiotics, but they can work miracles when you have an infection and don't have time to let supplements do their job. Thankfully we have the knowledge to quickly counter their effects. . . Primal Defense or other probiotics will do the job. . . especially when you're right on top of it as soon as you see fungal flareup symptoms. I hope you're resting . . . and walking . . . and avoiding stress! . . . You'll likely be feeling better every day than you did the previous. . . . Right now, your job is to hang in there and let your body do it's job.Can you find something you really, really enjoy that allows your body to rest while your mind is cheerfully engaged?Hugs,Rogene

Rogene,

Yes, I am trying to rest ..its not comfortable sitting in a recliner to sleep. I tried

laying on the bed but it hurts too much. I have walked 1/2 the day today and

the muscles spasm in my back is getting better too. I am trying deep breathes

and coughing exercising like Carey said and that helped my lungs to stop hurting.

Thank you for everything I feel so much better today......what a relief...........

and the shakeyness in my stomach has gotten a lot better too since I am

taking the snot out of primal defense.

Ya Know, sometimes its hard to understand everything on the computer exactly

what to do because we are so sick that I think we misinterupt it.

Love and many thanks,

In a message dated 2/16/2008 1:29:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

,That sounds like quite a bit of fluid . . but let someone who has been there, done that lately confirm that.Magnesium won't give you diarrhea if you need it. .. It's only when you pass your body's need for mg that you get diarrhea because the body absorbs what it needs then 'wastes' the rest. Because of the way foods are raised now, virtually everyone has a magnesium deficiency. You don't need to be afraid of it, by any means. It's vitally important for many body functions. If you'll gradually increase Magnesium to the point where you're getting diarrhea, then back off, you'll benefit immensely. I hate antibiotics, but they can work miracles when you have an infection and don't have time to let supplements do their job. Thankfully we have the knowledge to quickly counter their effects. . . Primal Defense or other probiotics will do the job. . . especially when you're right on top of it as soon as you see fungal flareup symptoms. I hope you're resting . . . and walking . . . and avoiding stress! . . . You'll likely be feeling better every day than you did the previous. . . . Right now, your job is to hang in there and let your body do it's job.Can you find something you really, really enjoy that allows your body to rest while your mind is cheerfully engaged?Hugs,Rogene

Rogene

I have contacted the doctors office all day and got just a recording. No one is there.

I am hardly draining anything and tomorrow is Sunday so I know they are not

going to be in the office then. What happens if I am not draining anything is this

going to hurt me ....I am close to that.

Love

p.s. I am feeling much better today ........thank you.

In a message dated 2/16/2008 6:00:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

. . . I'm not at all sure you need Fungal Defense . . . or Caprylic Acid because you've been working on fungal issues for some time already.It shouldn't hurt to try it though. Just start off slow . . . Add one each day until you're up to eight a day . . . four in the a.m. and four in the p.m. each with a full glass of water.I'd wait until finishing the bottle before going back on probiotics like Primal Defense. . . it won't hurt to continue with probiotic foods like sauerkaut, Kefir, etc. How are you feeling this afternoon? Did you get those drains out today?Hugs,Rogene

Rogene

I have contacted the doctors office all day and got just a recording. No one is there.

going to be in the office then. What happens if I am not draining anything is this

Love

In a message dated 2/16/2008 6:00:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

. . . I'm not at all sure you need Fungal Defense . . . or Caprylic Acid because you've been working on fungal issues for some time already.It shouldn't hurt to try it though. Just start off slow . . . Add one each day until you're up to eight a day . . . four in the a.m. and four in the p.m. each with a full glass of water.I'd wait until finishing the bottle before going back on probiotics like Primal Defense. . . it won't hurt to continue with probiotic foods like sauerkaut, Kefir, etc. How are you feeling this afternoon? Did you get those drains out today?Hugs,Rogene

Rogene,

I know the biggest hurdle in now the past..........I just been going through this almost 4 years and I have to get this down. I am sick and tired of this crap...You

have to understand that much which I know you do. I will relax and take it

easy today thanks for the info.

Love,

In a message dated 2/16/2008 6:04:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

,It is easy to get overloaded . . . Just relax and take it easy.You have plenty of time to get this down right!The biggest hurdle is behind you!Hugs,Rogene

Rogene,

I know the biggest hurdle in now the past..........I just been going through this almost 4 years and I have to get this down. I am sick and tired of this crap...You

have to understand that much which I know you do. I will relax and take it

easy today thanks for the info.

Love,

In a message dated 2/16/2008 6:04:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

,It is easy to get overloaded . . . Just relax and take it easy.You have plenty of time to get this down right!The biggest hurdle is behind you!Hugs,Rogene

Rogene,

Dr Feng called me about 1/2 hour ago and I go in tomorrow morning and get the drains out.

I was thinking about doing it on my own also. All I am getting in 8 hours time is 1cc. I called them

all day to get the drains out. How long before i get my bandages off? I thought you may know.

Love,

P.s. She probably would come after you with a scalpel LOLOLOLOl

But we were on the same wave length. HEHEHEHEH

In a message dated 2/16/2008 6:15:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

,Leaving them in until Monday won't hurt anything . . . It's just that they're a nuisance!If it was me, I wouldn't hesitate to pull them out myself IF they had quit draining. All you have to do is to wash the area with an alcohol wipe. Then give them a little tug and they're out. Put some pressure on the opening with a sterile dressing until it quits weeping and you're done. You can put a sterile dressing inside your bra to hold it in place. Don't do it if you feel at all uncomfortable about it though! I'm not so sure Dr. Feng would agree though. She'd probably come after me with a scalpel if she knew I suggested that!Hugs,Rogene

Re: Rogene

Rogene

Love

In a message dated 2/16/2008 6:00:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01 (DOT) com writes:

Rogene,

Dr Feng called me about 1/2 hour ago and I go in tomorrow morning and get the drains out.

I was thinking about doing it on my own also. All I am getting in 8 hours time is 1cc. I called them

all day to get the drains out. How long before i get my bandages off? I thought you may know.

Love,

P.s. She probably would come after you with a scalpel LOLOLOLOl

But we were on the same wave length. HEHEHEHEH

In a message dated 2/16/2008 6:15:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

,Leaving them in until Monday won't hurt anything . . . It's just that they're a nuisance!If it was me, I wouldn't hesitate to pull them out myself IF they had quit draining. All you have to do is to wash the area with an alcohol wipe. Then give them a little tug and they're out. Put some pressure on the opening with a sterile dressing until it quits weeping and you're done. You can put a sterile dressing inside your bra to hold it in place. Don't do it if you feel at all uncomfortable about it though! I'm not so sure Dr. Feng would agree though. She'd probably come after me with a scalpel if she knew I suggested that!Hugs,Rogene

Re: Rogene

Rogene

Love

In a message dated 2/16/2008 6:00:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01 (DOT) com writes:

,Leaving them in until Monday won't hurt anything . . . It's just that they're a nuisance!

If it was me, I wouldn't hesitate to pull them out myself IF they had quit draining. All you have to do is to wash the area with an alcohol wipe. Then give them a little tug and they're out. Put some pressure on the opening with a sterile dressing until it quits weeping and you're done. You can put a sterile dressing inside your bra to hold it in place. Don't do it if you feel at all uncomfortable about it though! I'm not so sure Dr. Feng would agree though. She'd probably come after me with a scalpel if she knew I suggested that!Hugs,Rogene Re:

Rogene

Rogene

Love

,Leaving them in until Monday won't hurt anything . . . It's just that they're a nuisance!

If it was me, I wouldn't hesitate to pull them out myself IF they had quit draining. All you have to do is to wash the area with an alcohol wipe. Then give them a little tug and they're out. Put some pressure on the opening with a sterile dressing until it quits weeping and you're done. You can put a sterile dressing inside your bra to hold it in place. Don't do it if you feel at all uncomfortable about it though! I'm not so sure Dr. Feng would agree though. She'd probably come after me with a scalpel if she knew I suggested that!Hugs,Rogene Re:

Rogene

Rogene

Love

Oh Jill, thank you so much for your concern,I'm so sorry you went through such a traumatic time when your mother passed away! . . . As difficult as a slow death is, at least family and friends have time to prepare. Something like your mother's death catches you so off guard and turns your life upside down.My mother passed away almost a year ago. She was 94. She's been praying to go for years. Her mind was good, but her body was worn out. ly, I felt relieved for her when she gave up her physical body for her Spiritual body. She was happy when she knew she was almost there. I miss her, but I didn't want her to live like that. I'm going to continue with Coumadin for the time being . .

.. I've reduced my dose, and my headache is much better. If I think in terms of six months, I can handle it . . . I can't handle the idea of 'indefinitely'. Thankfully, I did have a number of warning signs before the PE . . . The one I should have paid attention to, I didn't was a leg that had been swelling abnormally for a couple weeks before the PE. I should have gotten attention then. And, I knew better than sit for hours - especially with my feet hanging down! . . . Subconsciously I knew something was wrong . . . I had some Coumadin from an earlier episode of atrial fibrillation that I started taking when we left on our trip - just in case! That may have saved me! I had deep vein thrombosis when I was only 17 and a few other minor clotting incidences since then. I hope to manage those risks with Vitamin E, CoQ10 and other herbals once I get off Coumadin. I had breast cancer a couple years ago . . . It was smaller than stage one .

.. I had a simple lumpectomy, followed by Mammosite radiation therapy (highly recommended). . . They wanted me to take a drug that stops estrogen production completely. I felt horrible, mentally and physically on that. So I've elected to take my chances with a reoccurance rather that live on that drug. When the oncologist plugged in MY specifics, it turns out the drug reduced the chance of reoccurance by only 11% - while making me age rapidly! I recently learned that people who have Erythromelalgia (burning feet) are extremely sensitive to some meds . . . That makes sense of how I feel with most meds . . . I prefer to manage my health by diet and natural means . . . but I'll accept traditional medicine when it makes sense to do so.I'm so glad you found our little group . . . You sound just like one of us! . . . You care! . . . Just stick with us. We'll help you figure your situation out so you can start feeling

better too!Hugs and prayers,Rogene