RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Need more info on necessity of en bloc w/saline implants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

April - I just wanted to offer my experience to you and hope it helps. I have been explanted for almost 2 months now and I was unable to use one of the reommended doctors due to finances. I went back to my implanting PS and had several appointments before going through with the surgery. Now, she has reassured me that she did a total capsulectomy and honestly, I believe her. I have not reason not to and she is a VERY caring doctor. I am waiting on my surgery report to hopefully put my mind at ease once and for all.

The reason I am telling you this is because I worry EVERY day about whether or not my whole capsule is out or not. It is causing me stress that I

do not need. I agree with Patty 110% - I would get the whole capsule out that way you have no worries in the future about what is going on. If you start to put money, time and energy into healing only to not have it be effective due to scar tissue remaining.....is it worth it? I was very concerned about my appearance after surgery. I know that the sar tissue gives them something to work with but my main goal was to get healthy, so to me, it was hands down to have it ALL removed.

Listen to your gut instinct and know that the main reason for removal is the get your health back. I know I would have a better peace of mind KNOWING it was done right the first time.

Much Love,

Beth

Re: Need more info on necessity of en bloc w/saline implants

April,I like Dr. Melmed and I think he is a great doctor. However, I really believe that using the capsule to help reform the breast is a very dangerous and risky business. What if that capsule contains something (silicone degradation products and/or pathogens) that prevents you from getting better? Seriously, is keeping the capsule inside your body worth the risk of not healing completely? That's the goal of explant, after all.If he has offered to remove the capsule and you want to use him, I would highly recommend that you request removal of the capsule. All of the other doctors that we recommend always remove all of the capsule.In fact, Dr. Feng has written out 4 conditions that need to exist before she would entertain the idea of NOT removing the capsule. Keep in mind, ALL 4 of these conditions must exist before she would leave the capsule in. Use this as your guideline, if it

helps you:(Thanks very much to Dr. Lu-Feng of Cleveland Ohio for these remarks regarding capsule removal after saline implants) She wrote:A biological capsule will form around any implant. Any saline implant removal will require a total capsulectomy. Like anything else in life, there are few exceptions. Here are the few exceptions which would have to be fulfilled before I would entertain the possibility of not removing the saline capsule.(1) The capsule has to be tissue paper thin and without contracture.(2) The patient has to be without any local or systemic symptoms.(3) The saline implant has to be smooth shelled.(4) There has to be no previous history of gel filled implant insertion.All these conditions have to be fulfilled before I would consider not taking the saline capsule out. As you can see, few patients would fulfill these criteria. Invariably, I take

out the entire capsule around saline implants.Drfeng@...April, we've seen too many women fail to get a proper explant with a total capsule removal by a good doctor who have also failed to get better completely.Looking at it another way, if you were still sick 2 years after explant, and that remaining scar capsule was all that was standing between you and good health, how would you ever find out, except to have to go through another surgery? Are you prepared for that?The only way to have peace of mind about the capsule issue is to get rid of it and be done with it forever. If it remains, there will always be questions about it, long into the future--Decades into the future! It does not resolve; it does not stay static; it morphs and changes and can calcify, causing concern in

radiologic exams, and can harbor bacterial colonies. Read Dr. Blais's report on retained capsule risks. Peace of mind in knowing you have done all you could is priceless when it comes to healing. Think about that. Best wishes on your decision.Patty>> Good morning. I had my consult w/Dr. Melmed yesterday. My husband > and I really liked him and felt very comfortable with him. My only > issue is that when I asked him about removing implants en bloc, he > said he felt like it was most necessary with silicon implants. He > said the main reason for removing it w/saline is in the presence of > fungus, and he hasn't encountered that in his practice. > > He said

for women who are very small (like me) he prefers to keep the > capsule in to help him reform the breast. But he said it was up to > me and if I wanted the capsule removed he would gladly do it.> > I've been looking around for info on the necessity of removing the > capsule with saline implants and I can't find much. I've read the > articles here in the Files section, but almost all of them are about > silicon implants. I realize saline implants have a silicon shell, > I'd just like to read more about the danger of leaving a capsule > after removing saline implants.> > Also, I'd like to hear from any of you ladies who had saline implants > removed and did not recover b/c the capsule wasn't removed. > > I know everyone here is adamant about removing the capsule so I hope > I don't get blasted for my doubts about it. :o) I guess I just

need > more convincing. > > Thanks,> April>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

April - I just wanted to offer my experience to you and hope it helps. I have been explanted for almost 2 months now and I was unable to use one of the reommended doctors due to finances. I went back to my implanting PS and had several appointments before going through with the surgery. Now, she has reassured me that she did a total capsulectomy and honestly, I believe her. I have not reason not to and she is a VERY caring doctor. I am waiting on my surgery report to hopefully put my mind at ease once and for all.

The reason I am telling you this is because I worry EVERY day about whether or not my whole capsule is out or not. It is causing me stress that I

do not need. I agree with Patty 110% - I would get the whole capsule out that way you have no worries in the future about what is going on. If you start to put money, time and energy into healing only to not have it be effective due to scar tissue remaining.....is it worth it? I was very concerned about my appearance after surgery. I know that the sar tissue gives them something to work with but my main goal was to get healthy, so to me, it was hands down to have it ALL removed.

Listen to your gut instinct and know that the main reason for removal is the get your health back. I know I would have a better peace of mind KNOWING it was done right the first time.

Much Love,

Beth

Re: Need more info on necessity of en bloc w/saline implants

April,I like Dr. Melmed and I think he is a great doctor. However, I really believe that using the capsule to help reform the breast is a very dangerous and risky business. What if that capsule contains something (silicone degradation products and/or pathogens) that prevents you from getting better? Seriously, is keeping the capsule inside your body worth the risk of not healing completely? That's the goal of explant, after all.If he has offered to remove the capsule and you want to use him, I would highly recommend that you request removal of the capsule. All of the other doctors that we recommend always remove all of the capsule.In fact, Dr. Feng has written out 4 conditions that need to exist before she would entertain the idea of NOT removing the capsule. Keep in mind, ALL 4 of these conditions must exist before she would leave the capsule in. Use this as your guideline, if it

helps you:(Thanks very much to Dr. Lu-Feng of Cleveland Ohio for these remarks regarding capsule removal after saline implants) She wrote:A biological capsule will form around any implant. Any saline implant removal will require a total capsulectomy. Like anything else in life, there are few exceptions. Here are the few exceptions which would have to be fulfilled before I would entertain the possibility of not removing the saline capsule.(1) The capsule has to be tissue paper thin and without contracture.(2) The patient has to be without any local or systemic symptoms.(3) The saline implant has to be smooth shelled.(4) There has to be no previous history of gel filled implant insertion.All these conditions have to be fulfilled before I would consider not taking the saline capsule out. As you can see, few patients would fulfill these criteria. Invariably, I take

out the entire capsule around saline implants.Drfeng@...April, we've seen too many women fail to get a proper explant with a total capsule removal by a good doctor who have also failed to get better completely.Looking at it another way, if you were still sick 2 years after explant, and that remaining scar capsule was all that was standing between you and good health, how would you ever find out, except to have to go through another surgery? Are you prepared for that?The only way to have peace of mind about the capsule issue is to get rid of it and be done with it forever. If it remains, there will always be questions about it, long into the future--Decades into the future! It does not resolve; it does not stay static; it morphs and changes and can calcify, causing concern in

radiologic exams, and can harbor bacterial colonies. Read Dr. Blais's report on retained capsule risks. Peace of mind in knowing you have done all you could is priceless when it comes to healing. Think about that. Best wishes on your decision.Patty>> Good morning. I had my consult w/Dr. Melmed yesterday. My husband > and I really liked him and felt very comfortable with him. My only > issue is that when I asked him about removing implants en bloc, he > said he felt like it was most necessary with silicon implants. He > said the main reason for removing it w/saline is in the presence of > fungus, and he hasn't encountered that in his practice. > > He said

for women who are very small (like me) he prefers to keep the > capsule in to help him reform the breast. But he said it was up to > me and if I wanted the capsule removed he would gladly do it.> > I've been looking around for info on the necessity of removing the > capsule with saline implants and I can't find much. I've read the > articles here in the Files section, but almost all of them are about > silicon implants. I realize saline implants have a silicon shell, > I'd just like to read more about the danger of leaving a capsule > after removing saline implants.> > Also, I'd like to hear from any of you ladies who had saline implants > removed and did not recover b/c the capsule wasn't removed. > > I know everyone here is adamant about removing the capsule so I hope > I don't get blasted for my doubts about it. :o) I guess I just

need > more convincing. > > Thanks,> April>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.