RemedySpot.com

Burning Skin Pain, mouth and burning in general...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In Peripheral Neuropathy, you can have hyperactive nerves or hypoactive nerves... I did not have this burning until I had EMG and Nerve Conduction studies back when I first got sick. Sometimes, if I get around things with a strong odor, it will fire this up. I don't know about the rest of you, but I cannot stand the smell of fragrance counters at the department stores, nor the insecticide aisle at Lowe's or Home Depot...

Different things seem to help different areas that burn. Lea, you asked about the tongue. When it burns, especially the tip, or my mouth or gums, or my teeth hurt, I have a prescription mouthwash (from my dentist) called Periomed. This helps a lot and it acts on inflammation. I have no idea if there is inflammation there or not. All I know is that there is burning, it hurts and this helps... It is a mint-flavored mouthwash that you mix with water and rinse/swish your entire mouth with thorougly twice for 1 minute each time, without swallowing... The dentist says it is the nerves.

The other thing that helps in the mouth with mouth pain, the sores or raw tongue is Vince Powder. This is available, non-prescription at the pharmacy, but most have to order it. It is a pink powder that

you use to brush your teeth with. Just pour about a teaspoon of the powder in your hand and pick it up with a wet toothbrush. Brush well... You all probably never even heard of Trench Mouth, but they used to use this for that. It clears this stuff up very quickly and is only about $5-6.00...

Most who know me, know I have had a lot of problems, probably because of the way my implants were removed-not the best. I have some burning that moves around to various places-skin, muscles. I use blue ColPak Ice Packs, which you can order on the Internet. A good size is 11 x 14, they are reasonable in price. Keep a couple in the freezer, wrapping one in a folded hand towel and just moving it around to where you hurt/burn. Change to a fresh one as needed. I suspect the gel inside might be silicone, but it doesn't touch your skin, unless you break one... These are unlike regular ice packs and don't sweat or get you wet...

You are not supposed to use ice over 20 minutes on one area of skin, but the hand towel seems to help it not be freezing cold. I don't know what I would do without these...

Hope this helps some of you.

Cathie

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

In Peripheral Neuropathy, you can have hyperactive nerves or hypoactive nerves... I did not have this burning until I had EMG and Nerve Conduction studies back when I first got sick. Sometimes, if I get around things with a strong odor, it will fire this up. I don't know about the rest of you, but I cannot stand the smell of fragrance counters at the department stores, nor the insecticide aisle at Lowe's or Home Depot...

Different things seem to help different areas that burn. Lea, you asked about the tongue. When it burns, especially the tip, or my mouth or gums, or my teeth hurt, I have a prescription mouthwash (from my dentist) called Periomed. This helps a lot and it acts on inflammation. I have no idea if there is inflammation there or not. All I know is that there is burning, it hurts and this helps... It is a mint-flavored mouthwash that you mix with water and rinse/swish your entire mouth with thorougly twice for 1 minute each time, without swallowing... The dentist says it is the nerves.

The other thing that helps in the mouth with mouth pain, the sores or raw tongue is Vince Powder. This is available, non-prescription at the pharmacy, but most have to order it. It is a pink powder that

you use to brush your teeth with. Just pour about a teaspoon of the powder in your hand and pick it up with a wet toothbrush. Brush well... You all probably never even heard of Trench Mouth, but they used to use this for that. It clears this stuff up very quickly and is only about $5-6.00...

Most who know me, know I have had a lot of problems, probably because of the way my implants were removed-not the best. I have some burning that moves around to various places-skin, muscles. I use blue ColPak Ice Packs, which you can order on the Internet. A good size is 11 x 14, they are reasonable in price. Keep a couple in the freezer, wrapping one in a folded hand towel and just moving it around to where you hurt/burn. Change to a fresh one as needed. I suspect the gel inside might be silicone, but it doesn't touch your skin, unless you break one... These are unlike regular ice packs and don't sweat or get you wet...

You are not supposed to use ice over 20 minutes on one area of skin, but the hand towel seems to help it not be freezing cold. I don't know what I would do without these...

Hope this helps some of you.

Cathie

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489