RemedySpot.com

FOCUS ON THE GOOD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

FOCUS ON THE GOODFind at least one good quality in everyone, no matter how many defects are visible to you.

The more you focus on the good, the more power you give to people, the sooner they will be able to change.

RESENT NOTThere are no justified resentments.

To resent someone is to fall under the illusion that they are the cause of our suffering.

No one can die from a snake bite.

It's the poison that kills them.

You may receive the poison of another's words, or even just in a glance, but you don't have to absorb it or allow it free passage through the veins of your consciousness.

The consequence of not absorbing the poison of others is you never experience enmity towards others.

And people notice when you have absolutely no enmity.

It draws them close, it empowers them, it builds trust, it enables harmony to break out!

It is only because the lion has no thought of killing the lamb that the lamb feels able to come so close.

SPOTTING GOODNESSWhen I become excessively critical towards others, it means I am going in the wrong direction.

We are usually very good at spotting mistakes, but we should develop the quality of also spotting goodness.

If I can see what is good in others or in situations and go beyond the curtain of negativity, I feel good about myself.

If I constantly think "he is wrong", I instead create a barrier which blocks me from reaching my own goodness.

A very ancient law says: "just as I treat others, I shall be treated by others.

RESPONSE ABLEWe now know that the true meaning of responsibility is response able or ability to respond.

Whatever we may think, say, do, or feel - these are our responses for which we, and no one else, are responsible.

This is easy to see but hard to live, for we have been taught to believe and think the opposite.

So we don't consciously choose our response, we react instead, and then we blame others for our reaction.

No wonder we feel imprisoned by others and our circumstances.

The enlightened, on the other hand, have broken the spell, they see the illusion.

They take full responsibility for their response abilities and as a consequence, they always hold their own destiny in their own hands.

They are free spirits.

TREAD LIGHTLYTread lightly upon this earth, seeing, understanding but never imposing.Thoughtful, independent, be gracious in victory and defeat.

Free of possessiveness, so ease of mind sweetens relationships.

Like the scent of a rose the untroubled spirit imparts a lasting fragrance.