RemedySpot.com

New problem.... Adding it to my list...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Today, I went for my appointment at the Mineral Metabolism Dept. of the med school here. This was a followup for evaluation of Osteoporosis, bone loss, whatever because I have been on Prednisone for so long...

While I have some bone loss, the surprise of the day was that my Uric Acid is elevated to nearly twice what it should be... I know this is elevated in Gout, but I have never had Gout, nor do I ever remember anyone checking these levels before... I don't think I have Gout, but then how would one tell if everything hurts anyway???

My husband has Gout and his first attack was extremely painful and landed him in the ER, where he was treated with Morphine??? I was not aware that Gout provoked that kind of pain, but I guess it does... His is easily controlled with 300mg of Allopurinol, which is what I now have to take.

Has anyone on this list ever had this happen?

My other question to you all is does anyone know if this could cause, in part, some of the burning? Also, has anyone who is having this burning ever had these levels checked?

Cathie**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Today, I went for my appointment at the Mineral Metabolism Dept. of the med school here. This was a followup for evaluation of Osteoporosis, bone loss, whatever because I have been on Prednisone for so long...

While I have some bone loss, the surprise of the day was that my Uric Acid is elevated to nearly twice what it should be... I know this is elevated in Gout, but I have never had Gout, nor do I ever remember anyone checking these levels before... I don't think I have Gout, but then how would one tell if everything hurts anyway???

My husband has Gout and his first attack was extremely painful and landed him in the ER, where he was treated with Morphine??? I was not aware that Gout provoked that kind of pain, but I guess it does... His is easily controlled with 300mg of Allopurinol, which is what I now have to take.

Has anyone on this list ever had this happen?

My other question to you all is does anyone know if this could cause, in part, some of the burning? Also, has anyone who is having this burning ever had these levels checked?

Cathie**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

You still can repair the bone loss with Garden of life product called Living Calcium Advance which helped to restore my bone loss of 30% is now restored. Praise God . I did not get Gout . My stomach acid levels were very bad until I took Vaxa Buffer its all natural and I got off Nexum these were miracle pills for me.

I guess I am just throwing around some ideas for you.

Love,

in Ohio

In a message dated 1/16/2008 9:27:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Scarlett6@... writes:

Today, I went for my appointment at the Mineral Metabolism Dept. of the med school here. This was a followup for evaluation of Osteoporosis, bone loss, whatever because I have been on Prednisone for so long...While I have some bone loss, the surprise of the day was that my Uric Acid is elevated to nearly twice what it should be... I know this is elevated in Gout, but I have never had Gout, nor do I ever remember anyone checking these levels before... I don't think I have Gout, but then how would one tell if everything hurts anyway???My husband has Gout and his first attack was extremely painful and landed him in the ER, where he was treated with Morphine??? I was not aware that Gout provoked that kind of pain, but I guess it does... His is easily controlled with 300mg of Allopurinol, which is what I now have to take.Has anyone on this list ever had this happen? My other question to you all is does anyone know if this could cause, in part, some of the burning? Also, has anyone who is having this burning ever had these levels checked?Cathie**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489 Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.