RemedySpot.com

Re: FDA Approves Food from Clones

Rate this topic

Guest guest

YES DEDE It seems that we are entering the twilight zone... Well it seems some movies turned out to be a real horror flick when they cloned stuff... Well our Country to now a good Horror Movie... Sad but True...

I just wished I had a clone of myself prior to these nasty implants... As Traci says, Tupperboobies...

~Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

ly, the most frightening thing aboout the article is FDA approval... Neither my family or I will ever have the same good feeling about what is considered gold standard approval for consumer safety... It is not just about unsafe implants, but drugs that are rushed to the market, only to find that they are unsafe after trusting consumers have taken them...

Cathie

In a message dated 1/20/08 9:19:13 PM, saxony01@... writes:

----- Forwarded Message ----

FDA Approves Sale of Meat and Milk from Cloned Animals -

But There's Still a Chance to Act!

Washington, DC, January 15, 2008 - Today the Food and Drug Administration announced its determination that milk and meat from cloned animals are safe for sale to the public.  In addition, the FDA is requiring no tracking system for clones or labeling of products produced from clones or their offspring.  This action comes at a time when the U.S. Senate has voted twice to delay FDA's decision on cloned animals until additional safety and economic studies can be completed by the National Academy of Sciences and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). 

Sign the Center for Food Safety's "Clone-Free Pledge",

and let food companies know you won't buy food from clones!

Citizens for Health joins with the Center for Food Safety and dozens of other food industry, consumer, and animal welfare groups in blasting this decision as insensitive as well as irresponsible, since it flies in the face of opinion polls showing that the majority of Americans do not want milk or meat from cloned animals in their food.  A December 2006 poll by the Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology found that nearly two-thirds of U.S. consumers were uncomfortable with animal cloning.  A national survey conducted this year by Consumers Union found that 89 percent of Americans want to see cloned foods labeled, while 69 percent said that they have concerns about cloned meat and dairy products in the food supply.  A recent Gallup Poll reported that more than 60 percent of Americans believe that it is immoral to clone animals, while the Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology found that a similar percentage say that, despite FDA approval, they won't buy milk from cloned animals.

As a Citizens for Health member, you know we are committed to defending your right to the information you need to make your own health and wellness choices. That is why we are particularly disappointed that the FDA also failed to require labeling of food from clones, effectively preventing consumers from making educated decisions about what they put into their bodies.

In response to FDA's pending approval, US Senator Barbara Mikulski (D-MD) has introduced Senate Bill S.414, the Cloned Food Labeling Act, and U.S. House Representative DeLauro (D-CT) introduced an identical bill, H.R. 992, in the House just a few weeks later.

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Cathie ~

I agree, there is no longer any such thing related to the FDA

such as Gold standard. They have no honor, and there is no

trust, nor respect. There is no such thing as truth in advertising

or truth in lableing. It is all run with deception and greed.

FDA = consumer beware......God Bless America ! ! !

How are you feeling today Cathie?Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Goodmorning Sweet Prowler and Traci ~

How are you today? What time is it there?

How ya feeling? I MISS YOU.......

I hope you have a nice day ! ! Loveya ~

DedeStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

In a message dated 1/21/08 7:57:20 AM, DGRAHAMA@... writes:

How are you feeling today Cathie?

Well, I have felt better, but am hanging in there. It is raining here right now... You know how that goes. :) :) :)

Cathie

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

In a message dated 1/21/08 7:57:20 AM, DGRAHAMA@... writes:

How are you feeling today Cathie?

Well, I have felt better, but am hanging in there. It is raining here right now... You know how that goes. :) :) :)

Cathie

If plastic would have provided me with happiness, I should have bought

Tupperware instead.

Love to all,

Traci

>

> YES DEDE It seems that we are entering the twilight zone... Well it

seems

> some movies turned out to be a real horror flick when they cloned

stuff... Well

> our Country to now a good Horror Movie... Sad but True...

>

> I just wished I had a clone of myself prior to these nasty

implants... As

> Traci says, Tupperboobies...

>

> ~

>

>

>

> **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

>

Hi Dede,

I'm doing pretty good. Just working on getting my life back. I'm

waiting for my nurse to change my packing. Today is the last day of

taking Cipro. Packing's still a little green, I'll have to see what

my nurse says.

I'm also getting ready for work. I'm on half days until January 31st.

How are you and your Dad doing?

Love ya

Traci

PS: Prowler sends whiskery kisses.

>

> Goodmorning Sweet Prowler and Traci ~

> How are you today? What time is it there?

> How ya feeling? I MISS YOU.......

> I hope you have a nice day ! ! Loveya ~

> Dede

>

>

>

> **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

>