RemedySpot.com

Re: A THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Rogene, thank you for sharing this with us. We all hope that you are feeling much better. My leg is causing some pain for me, but I read an article on Cortisone shots, and it can take up to 3 weeks to get relief.

Sending love to you.....Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Instead of telling God about your big problems, tell your problemsabout your big God.

- Dr. Beckwith As miracles happen every day, clearly there are forces in the Universewhich, when properly harnessed, can spark a certain magic. When we viewsituations as difficult or impossible, we give our power away to them;when we stand tall in our Divine creative essence and expect things towork out in wonderful ways, we lift ourselves out of mental servitudeto temporal obstacles and reclaim our birthright as creators of our ownreality.

• 2 weeks later...

This was sent to me this morning by a fellow poster. Its a nice piece.Bill M <downy@...> wrote: >Five (5) lessons about the way we treat people.>1 - First Important Lesson - Cleaning Lady. >>During my second month of college, our professor >gave us a pop quiz. I was a conscientious student >and had breezed through the questions until I read >the last one: >>'What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?' >Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the >cleaning woman several times. She was tall, >dark-haired and in her 50's, but how would I know her name? >>I handed in my paper, leaving the last question >blank. Just before class ended, one student asked if >the last question would count toward our quiz

grade. >>'Absolutely, ' said the professor. 'In your careers, >you will meet many people. All are significant. They >deserve your attention and care, even if all you do >is smile and say 'hello.' >>I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her >name was Dorothy. >>2. - Second Important Lesson - Pickup in the Rain >>One night, at 11:30 p.m., an older African American >woman was standing on the side of an Alabama highway >trying to endure a lashing rain storm. Her car had >broken down and she desperately needed a ride. >Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the next car. >A young white man stopped to help her, generally >unheard of in those conflict-filled 1960's. The man >took her to safety, helped her get assistance and put her into a taxicab >>She seemed to be in a big hurry, but wrote down his >address and

thanked him. Seven days went by and a >knock came on the man's door. To his surprise, a >giant console color TV was delivered to his home. A >special note was attached. >>It read: >'Thank you so much for assisting me on the highway >the other night. The rain drenched not only my >clothes, but also my spirits. Then you came along. >Because of you, I was able to make it to my dying >husband's bedside just before he passed away... God >bless you for helping me and unselfishly serving >others.' >>Sincerely, >Mrs. Nat King Cole >>3 - Third Important Lesson - Always remember those >who serve. >>In the days when an ice cream sundae cost much less, >a 10-year-old boy entered a hotel coffee shop and >sat at a table. A waitress put a glass of water in >front of him. >>'How much is an ice cream sundae?' he

asked. >'Fifty cents,' replied the waitress. >>The little boy pulled is hand out of his pocket and >studied the coins in it. >>'Well, how much is a plain dish of ice cream?' he inquired. >>By now more people were waiting for a table and the >waitress was growing impatient. >>' Thirty-five cents,' she brusquely replied. >>The little boy again counted his coins. >>'I'll have the plain ice cream,' he said. >>The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on >the table and walked away The boy finished the ice >cream, paid the cashier and left. When the waitress >came back, she began to cry as she wiped down the >table. There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, >were two nickels and five pennies.. >>You see, he couldn't have the sundae, because he had >to have enough left to leave her a tip.

>>4 - Fourth Important Lesson. - The obstacle in Our Path. >>In ancient times, a King had a boulder placed on a >roadway. Then he hid himself and watched to see if >anyone would remove the huge rock. Some of the >king's wealthiest merchants and courtiers came by >and simply walked around it. Many loudly blamed the >King for not keeping the roads clear, but none did >anything about getting the stone out of the way. >>Then a peasant came along carrying a load of >vegetables. Upon approaching the boulder, the >peasant laid down his burden and tried to move the >stone to the side of the road. After much pushing >and straining, he finally succeeded. After the >peasant picked up his load of vegetables, he noticed >a purse lying in the road where the boulder had >been. The purse contained many gold coins and a note >from the King indicating

that the gold was for the >person who removed the boulder from the roadway. The >peasant learned what many of us never understand! >>Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve >our condition. >>5 - Fifth Important Lesson - Giving When it Counts... >>Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at a >hospital, I got to know a little girl named Liz who >was suffering from a rare & serious disease. Her only >chance of recovery appeared to be a blood >transfusion from her 5-year old brother, who had >miraculously survived the same disease and had >developed the antibodies needed to combat the >illness. The doctor explained the situation to her >little brother, and asked the little boy if he would >be willing to give his blood to his sister. >>I saw him hesitate for only a moment before taking a >deep breath and saying,

'Yes I'll do it if it will save>her.' As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed >next to his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing>the color returning to her cheek. Then his face >grew pale and his smile faded. >>He looked up at the doctor and asked with a >trembling voice, 'Will I start to die right away'. >>Being young, the little boy had misunderstood the >doctor; he thought he was going to have to give his >sister all of his blood in order to save her.>GOD BLESS YOU ALL> remember. >>Most importantly.................. 'Work like you >don't need the money, love like you've never been >hurt, and dance like you do when nobody's watching.' >>NOW more than ever - Peace... Pass It On...>> >--------------->Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

thanks !  I love quotes and keep a small collection in a digital file for

inclusion in cards & book gifts ... this

quote is one of those!

IOWL <weightloss >

Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 12:47 AM

Subject: Re: A thought for today

I'm on a Word a Day mailing list. The words are good, but the quotes are even

better. Here's today's:

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY: