I have lost most of my upper front teeth

I have a tempary bridge at the moment

I am losing most of my teeth anyway

Only because I did not have early dental care

I am down to two choices

False Teeth

Worried I wont be able to taste my food

Implants

Just the word implants scares me to death !!!

My Question

Are these implants are safe ????

Sandy~

Okay, this is going to be talking about my tooth - so for those of you who don't have time, please skip. I need some advice!!! As part of my Detox plan, I am starting to get the amalgam fillings removed. Hoping one less thing to bug my auto-immune. I went in today to have a gold crown removed. Under that crown was a root canal and it was packed FULL of mercury!! I also had the mercury filling next to it removed and a composite filling put in that one.MY ISSUE: When he took off the crown I could tell it wasn't good. He was talking to the assistant in dental language that I couldn't understand but there was concern in both their voices. The tooth I had left was pretty much rotted and gone! I have a photo, it WAS BLACK! He said there was most likely infection in the root canal for a long time. The reason I had to have a root canal was due to a infection and that was like 15 years ago. So my options - this

is where I need advice...1. He can attempt to add a crown to what little piece of black rotted tooth I have left, but I have to see an endodontist first so he can make sure the root canal is okay. The dentist fears the crown will fail because of the lack of tooth and that I will lose it within a few years (if even that long). 2. I can have the tooth pulled out. (which I am set on doing)3. Then, my dilemma - he said I can get a titanium implant!! The word implant scares the heck out of me. I just don't want anything foreign in my body anymore and that is just one more metal!! 4. I can get a bridge. He will have to crown the two teeth around the missing tooth for the bridge. He said that I will probably have to get a new bridge in 10 to 15 years but the implant will last forever. All of this is expensive. I get the tooth pulled next Tuesday and after that I will be without a tooth for at least a year bec

ause I can't afford my options right now and insurance doesn't pay for implants (hum, sounds familiar). So, if it failed, I bet they wouldn't pay for the removal of implant either... okay, I am being assey.My thoughts are, I am already having auto-immune issues and I do not think I should get another implant to compromise my health. I have not researched dental implants yet but I know Patty & PH know a thing or two about this topic.Also, this is a really silly question - when they remove my tooth that means the root canal is gone too - right? Please help. Sorry this is so long but this really does have to do with my health being comprimsed by implants and me trying to do the right thing by detoxing. If I have offended anybody, I apologize but I trust you women more than doctors OR dentists!Love, CLynn