RemedySpot.com

Pain, in general....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This morning, another very sharp pain in my chest woke me out of a dead sleep. I used to think I could be having a heart attack, but cardiac workups showed nothing and left me mad at the doctor, who acted like I was a nut case... Typical chest pain sometimes is accompanied by a sharp pain starting under the arm and then maybe continues in places down my arm, and right now, my little finger and the one next to it feel funny... No sweating, sometimes palpitations accompany this... When I take my Prednisone, it lets up, or at least it has so far...

How in the world are all of you dealing with the varied types of pain that we seem to experience? I mean, like when do you know it needs to be checked out? Do you go see the doctor if you have a new pain in a place where it has not been before or what? Are many of you having to deal with frustration like this? I have so many issues, that it is hard to tell them apart...

I have a pretty good idea of what it is. I would guess it is nerve involvement.

Several years ago, a PS in Wisconsin wrote a paper describing nerve infiltration of leaking or ruptured silicone that had traveled into the right arm of one of the employees at his medical school. This necessitated surgery, which removed as much as possible. I don't know how the woman is doing now. I believe when the paper was written, that she still was experiencing at least some problems...

Boy, is she lucky to be working for the school where she can get help, or maybe I should say she is just lucky to be working... Having a surgeon who recognizes that this can happen is a plus too... I am not sure I could name one here who would do that, unless it would be Melmed...

Cathie

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Cathie,

I'm not sure Melmed is interested in understanding, or treating the symptoms that come with breast implants. . . He tends to stick to his speciality.

What about a neuologist? . . . There was a doctor in Fort Worth, (something or other) who spoke out about breast implants. . . He was soundly condemed by the NY Times, Kolata (sp?) at the time we went to D.C. years ago. . . He subsequently quit seeing implant women.

He was treating women very conservatively . . . diet, etc. . . very few medications. . They took exception to that!

If there is anyone who knows what's going on, he would be the man.

Hugs,

Rogene

Cathie, this sounds frightening. How often does this happen, because it sounds so painful?

Honey, please have this checked, because it worries me. Are you having any fatigue? I will try to write more tomorrow after the scan, but I have to go to bed.

Sending love always.....Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Pain, in general....

This morning, another very sharp pain in my chest woke me out of a dead sleep. I used to think I could be having a heart attack, but cardiac workups showed nothing and left me mad at the doctor, who acted like I was a nut case... Typical chest pain sometimes is accompanied by a sharp pain starting under the arm and then maybe continues in places down my arm, and right now, my little finger and the one next to it feel funny... No sweating, sometimes palpitations accompany this... When I take my Prednisone, it lets up, or at least it has so far...How in the world are all of you dealing with the varied types of pain that we seem to experience? I mean, like when do you know it needs to be checked out? Do you go see the doctor if you have a new pain in a place where it has not been before or what? Are many of you having to deal with frustration like this? I have so many issues, that it is hard to tell them apart... I have a pretty good idea of what it is. I would guess it is nerve involvement. Several years ago, a PS in Wisconsin wrote a paper describing nerve infiltration of leaking or ruptured silicone that had traveled into the right arm of one of the employees at his medical school. This necessitated surgery, which removed as much as possible. I don't know how the woman is doing now. I believe when the paper was written, that she still was experiencing at least some problems...Boy, is she lucky to be working for the school where she can get help, or maybe I should say she is just lucky to be working... Having a surgeon who recognizes that this can happen is a plus too... I am not sure I could name one here who would do that, unless it would be Melmed...Cathie**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489