RemedySpot.com

FW: This Week At Mothering.com

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Subject: This Week At Mothering.comFrom: webmaster@...To: sea_shell81@...Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 03:18:53 -0500

The Green Festival 2008Join Mothering magazine in Seattle at the Green Festival, April 12 & 13, 2008. Get two admissions for the price of one. Simply use the code word "Mothering" at the ticket office. Make sure to visit our booth in the Kids Zone. www.greenfestivals.org

Read Mothering magazine completely online with Mothering Digital!Instant Access to the issue as soon as you subscribeShare Issues with a friend as easily as sending e-mailLess Expensive—we pass on the postage savings to YOUInternational DistributionCheck out our free sample issue at www.mothering.com/digital

Featured ArticleOff Her BackIt stunned me that the rate of C-sections had quintupled in my lifetime, and while I had met some women who spoke positively of the procedure, which had quickened their labor and eliminated the daunting effort of having to push out a baby, my own simple curiosity held me to the opposite position: If my body was capable of doing something so astounding as producing and delivering into the world another human being, then I intended to experience that miracle for myself. Activism AlertTell NBC to Stop The Baby BorrowersPresented as a "unique social experiment" the reality TV show "The Baby Borrowers" places real infants in the care of unrelated teen couples to test their ability to withstand the demands of parenthood and their relationship's strength to survive the pressure. News BulletinFrom Cow Pies to Clear SkiesSeeking greener ways to get things done, the Craves Brothers Dairy Farm uses a computer-controlled anaerobic digestion system that generates electricity—enough to run their rural Wisconsin farm and cheese plant and power up to 120 homes. The entire system runs on organic waste from their 750 Holsteins.

Ask the ExpertQuestion of the WeekMy stepson is six years old and uncircumcised. Without making this too long, I'll say that I'm pretty sure that his foreskin was forcefully retracted at some point during his infancy. His pediatrician had told their parents that this needed to be done in order to keep them clean.—Mothering Expert Marilyn Milos replies.

Peggy's KitchenOriental Veggie Wraps Here's a good, quick lunch that is appropriate for vegetarians, and yummy to kiddies! Easily adjustable for vegans. The fillings can also be mixed to make a great salad rather than a wrap.

Media ReviewBaby on Board: Becoming a Mother Without Losing Yourself - A Guide for Moms-to-BePersonal coaches le Jay and Amy Kovarick offer concrete exercises for helping pregnant women access their creativity and personal power and determine what kinds of values, perceptions, and dreams they want to bring to new motherhood.

PoemMy Days Are Made of You and Me You dance tangerine slices across my skin and sing I love you mama. Your cheeks burst with citrus juice and the sun runs down your chin. Anticipation is too much, you eat cheese right through the wrap. Mothering MediaVideo: CDC Admits Multiple Vaccines Injection Caused Autism After receiving nine doses of vaccines at once, Hannah Poling developed severe health issues and brain damage resulting in autism. In a landmark court case, the CDC was compelled to admit that Hannah's issues were caused by the vaccines.

MotheringDotCommune NewsMDC is the leading Natural Family Living and Attachment Parenting discussion board community on the internet! Welcome to our cyber gathering of passionate, child-embracing parents. Join us as a member at MDC - it's free!!

Featured ForumMulticultural Families MDC is made up of many nationalities, religions, ages, colors, ethnicities, philosophies, affectional orientations, economic groups, lifestyles, and family structures. Visit the new Multicultural Families Forum at MDC. Here are a few of the current discussion topics: Books for bi-racial children, Those dolls that look like your kid, Vitamin D supplements in darker skinned babies, Hair help and Visiting family overseas. Come join us in discussion in the Multicultural Families forum today! Featured DiscussionsDo I really have to supplement with formula? Sling fabric-stretchy or twill for a newborn?What position did you give birth in? TV & co-sleeping Help, my daughter is smoking!Honorable Mentions Senior Member of the Week: Ruthla with 33,673 posts to date!New Senior Members: newbymom05, christinespurlock, and didkisa. [Change Subscription] [Cancel Subscription] Test your Star IQ Play now!