RemedySpot.com

IMPORTANT QUESTION ???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What is seroma ?

If it's not removed what could happen to me.?

How could this of happened to me. ?

Would I be in good hands to let another surgeon remove it.?

I cannot afford to travel out to Atlanta Georgia again.

Is this the same garbage Dr. Kolb took out of me at explant. ?

This Sucks

Those Dirty Rats

Sandy~

Guest guest

Sandy . . . here's the definition of Seroma: A seroma is a pocket of clear serous fluid that sometimes develops in the body

after surgery. When small blood vessels are ruptured, blood

plasma can seep out; inflammation caused by dying injured cells also contributes to

the fluid.

Seromas are different from hematomas which contain red blood cells and from abscesses which contain pus and result from an infection.

Seromas can sometimes be caused by a new type of partial-breast radiation therapy, as explained in a recent article in the

International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics.

Seromas can also sometimes be caused by injury such as when the initial swelling from a blow or fall does not fully subside.

The remaining serous fluid causes a seroma that the body usually gradually absorbs over

time (often taking many weeks); however, a knot of calcified tissue sometimes remains.

Seroma is particularly common after mastectomy surgery for breast cancer and many women find that it makes their initial

recovery period more difficult. Some women need repeated visits to their doctor to have the seroma fluid drained. [1]-----------------------------------------------------I think you can understand how it happened .. . You do need to have it addressed though . . . It's just one of those things that sometimes happens. Your body's way of responding to surgery.The only thing I can think of that you could do for yourself is to bind yourself snuggly to push the fluid out. If that didn't work soon though, you really should have it removed. Hopefully they can remove it with a hypodermic needle. As the definition says, it can delay healing.You should have some competent doctors there who can do it. . . It's not something to get upset about. . . .Just get it taken care of so you can put it behind

you.Hugs,Rogene