RemedySpot.com

Need some help!........Everyone.....Please Read this ! !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Cherie ~

Hey, not much time right now, but you need this book...

or get it from the library. It is called Nourishing Traditions

By Sally Fallon and Enig.

The Weston Price Foundation ! !

It is about whole and live

foods. On page 56 under food allergies and special diets,

it says:

People with poor adrenal function are often unable to tolerate

carbohydrates in any form. Others cannot digest meat very

well due to suppressed or absent hydrochloric acid production

in the stomach. This may be due to a deficiency of Vit B6 and

zinc, both needed for the production of pancreatic enzymes, or of insufficient chloride, due to a low salt diet.

Also ~

Some people may be sensitive to foods from the nightshade family, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and peppers, and react with sore and painful joints ! !

You can get enzyme exhaustion from a diet of primarily cooked foods. Consumption of sugar and caffeine leads to adrenal exhaustion, a prime cause of allergies. Sugar and refined carbs in the gutt can stimulate an

overgrowth of candida albicans, natural occurring fungi that break down dead or inert foods in the intestine. With overconsumption of dead foods, such as refined carbs, these organisms multiply uncontrollably. Vinegar

and other heavily yeasted foods also encourage candida overgrowth in some people. These yeasts actually change form, attach themselves to the walls of the intestine and grow into the intestine, causing holes in the

intestinal wall that allow undigested food and toxins, including toxins produced by candida itself, to enter the bloodstream. These toxins and food particles will then trigger allergic reactions, especially when the immune system is weak or the body is under stress.

Girl ~

I think you need this book ! ! Even if you just keep checking it out from the library. With your history and no gallbladder, I truly think this book

will be very beneficial to you ! ! ! !

There are lots of recipes and lots of info......

Love you ! DedeWho's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

Hi Dede,

Thanks for the info! I will look into it. I need all the help I can

get.

Hugs,

Cherie

>

> Hello Cherie ~

> Hey, not much time right now, but you need this book...

> or get it from the library. It is called Nourishing Traditions

> By Sally Fallon and Enig.

> The Weston Price Foundation ! !

> It is about whole and live

> foods. On page 56 under food allergies and special diets,

> it says:

> People with poor adrenal function are often unable to tolerate

> carbohydrates in any form. Others cannot digest meat very

> well due to suppressed or absent hydrochloric acid production

> in the stomach. This may be due to a deficiency of Vit B6 and

> zinc, both needed for the production of pancreatic enzymes, or of

> insufficient chloride, due to a low salt diet.

> Also ~

> Some people may be sensitive to foods from the nightshade family,

tomatoes,

> potatoes, eggplant, and peppers, and react with sore and painful

joints ! !

> You can get enzyme exhaustion from a diet of primarily cooked

foods.

> Consumption of sugar and caffeine leads to adrenal exhaustion, a

prime cause of

> allergies. Sugar and refined carbs in the gutt can stimulate an

> overgrowth of candida albicans, natural occurring fungi that

break down

> dead or inert foods in the intestine. With overconsumption of

dead foods, such

> as refined carbs, these organisms multiply uncontrollably. Vinegar

> and other heavily yeasted foods also encourage candida overgrowth

in some

> people. These yeasts actually change form, attach themselves to

the walls of

> the intestine and grow into the intestine, causing holes in the

> intestinal wall that allow undigested food and toxins, including

toxins

> produced by candida itself, to enter the bloodstream. These

toxins and food

> particles will then trigger allergic reactions, especially when

the immune system

> is weak or the body is under stress.

> Girl ~

> I think you need this book ! ! Even if you just keep checking it

out from

> the library. With your history and no gallbladder, I truly think

this book

> will be very beneficial to you ! ! ! !

> There are lots of recipes and lots of info......

> Love you ! Dede

>

>

>

> **************Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL

Music.

> (http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?

NCID=aolcmp003000000025

> 48)

>

Rogene,

What you make the cabbage recipe for saurkraut for probiotic do you leave the cabbage out the whole time day and night until you eat it up. How does that work I dont understand it. I dont like kefir and I do like saurkraut so I am trying that out for a bit to get the probiotics in me faster.

Sound Good?

In a message dated 2/6/2008 7:47:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, DGRAHAMA@... writes:

Hello Cherie ~

Hey, not much time right now, but you need this book...

or get it from the library. It is called Nourishing Traditions

By Sally Fallon and Enig.

The Weston Price Foundation ! !

It is about whole and live

foods. On page 56 under food allergies and special diets,

it says:

People with poor adrenal function are often unable to tolerate

carbohydrates in any form. Others cannot digest meat very

well due to suppressed or absent hydrochloric acid production

in the stomach. This may be due to a deficiency of Vit B6 and

zinc, both needed for the production of pancreatic enzymes, or of insufficient chloride, due to a low salt diet.

Also ~

Some people may be sensitive to foods from the nightshade family, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and peppers, and react with sore and painful joints ! !

You can get enzyme exhaustion from a diet of primarily cooked foods. Consumption of sugar and caffeine leads to adrenal exhaustion, a prime cause of allergies. Sugar and refined carbs in the gutt can stimulate an

overgrowth of candida albicans, natural occurring fungi that break down dead or inert foods in the intestine. With overconsumption of dead foods, such as refined carbs, these organisms multiply uncontrollably. Vinegar

and other heavily yeasted foods also encourage candida overgrowth in some people. These yeasts actually change form, attach themselves to the walls of the intestine and grow into the intestine, causing holes in the

intestinal wall that allow undigested food and toxins, including toxins produced by candida itself, to enter the bloodstream. These toxins and food particles will then trigger allergic reactions, especially when the immune system is weak or the body is under stress.

Girl ~

I think you need this book ! ! Even if you just keep checking it out from the library. With your history and no gallbladder, I truly think this book

will be very beneficial to you ! ! ! !

There are lots of recipes and lots of info......

Love you ! Dede

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

Rogene ,

HOw do you know when to freigerate this sauerkrat. It is starting to smell. Its been on my counter for 3 days

In a message dated 2/7/2008 11:51:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

Here's the sauerkraut recipe. . .

It takes several day to ferment, then refrigerate it . .

Rubin recommends two tablespoons three times a day - as with meals. Eat it raw.

It won't taste like store bought kraut . . .but it's good!

Rogene

You can vary the seasonings from batch to batch. Options include cumin, dill,

seaweed, garlic, ginger,juniper, and chile. This recipe takes in color from

the beet, but purple cabbage will yield a similar ruby color. For pale-

colored sauerkraut, omit the beet and use green cabbage. Note: Salt prevents

spoilage and the acidity is created by the lactic acid fermentation and by

maintaining an anaerobic environment as the vegetables remain submerged under

the brine.

Makes approximately 4 cups.

1 Large head organic cabbage (about 1 1/4 pounds)

1 Medium beet

2 Cloves garlic, minced

1 Teaspoon caraway seeds

1 Tablespoon Sea Salt

1. Remove any coarse or dry outer leaves, and cut cabbage lengthwise into

quarters. Grate cabbage – core and all - and beet on a hand grater or in a

food processor using the fine grater. 2. In a large bowl, combine grated vegetables with the garlic, caraway seeds

and salt. Pack mixture firmly into a wide-mouth jar (You'll need a 1 quart

size or larger). 3. Set jar on a plate to collect any potential overflow. Apply pressure to the

vegetable shreds, by using a water-filled glass bottle or jar, a smooth,

clean rock, even a water-filled zippered bag will work. Rest the weight atop

the grated cabbage. 4. Cover with cheesecloth, if desired (although this is not necessary),

allowing any gasses that are formed to escape, set aside at room temperature

to ferment. Brine will form and rise to the surface within 24 hours. The

weight will keep the cabbage =submerged. (If brine fails to cover top of

cabbage, dissolve 1 Tablespoon sea salt in 1 cup water and pour over

cabbage.) Kraut will be ready in 3 to 5 days, or when it has a pleasant and

tangy fermented flavor and each cabbage shred is translucent rather than

opaque. 4. Remove weight. Remove and discard any bubbly foam or discolored kraut from

top of jar. Cover jar tightly and rinse the outside. Kraut will keep

refrigerated for 8 weeks. Serve as a condiment or add it to salads or

sandwiches. You can eat raw or cooked.

Here's the sauerkraut recipe. . .

It takes several day to ferment, then refrigerate it . .

Rubin recommends two tablespoons three times a day - as with meals. Eat it raw.

It won't taste like store bought kraut . . .but it's good!

Rogene

You can vary the seasonings from batch to batch. Options include cumin, dill,

seaweed, garlic, ginger,juniper, and chile. This recipe takes in color from

the beet, but purple cabbage will yield a similar ruby color. For pale-

colored sauerkraut, omit the beet and use green cabbage. Note: Salt prevents

spoilage and the acidity is created by the lactic acid fermentation and by

maintaining an anaerobic environment as the vegetables remain submerged under

the brine.

Makes approximately 4 cups.

1 Large head organic cabbage (about 1 1/4 pounds)

1 Medium beet

2 Cloves garlic, minced

1 Teaspoon caraway seeds

1 Tablespoon Sea Salt

1. Remove any coarse or dry outer leaves, and cut cabbage lengthwise into

quarters. Grate cabbage – core and all - and beet on a hand grater or in a

food processor using the fine grater. 2. In a large bowl, combine grated vegetables with the garlic, caraway seeds

and salt. Pack mixture firmly into a wide-mouth jar (You'll need a 1 quart

size or larger). 3. Set jar on a plate to collect any potential overflow. Apply pressure to the

vegetable shreds, by using a water-filled glass bottle or jar, a smooth,

clean rock, even a water-filled zippered bag will work. Rest the weight atop

the grated cabbage. 4. Cover with cheesecloth, if desired (although this is not necessary),

allowing any gasses that are formed to escape, set aside at room temperature

to ferment. Brine will form and rise to the surface within 24 hours. The

weight will keep the cabbage =submerged. (If brine fails to cover top of

cabbage, dissolve 1 Tablespoon sea salt in 1 cup water and pour over

cabbage.) Kraut will be ready in 3 to 5 days, or when it has a pleasant and

tangy fermented flavor and each cabbage shred is translucent rather than

opaque. 4. Remove weight. Remove and discard any bubbly foam or discolored kraut from

top of jar. Cover jar tightly and rinse the outside. Kraut will keep

refrigerated for 8 weeks. Serve as a condiment or add it to salads or

sandwiches. You can eat raw or cooked.

LOL . . . The smell is part of the process . . . Do you have a place to put the kraut where the smell won't bother you? Maybe a garage? or an empty room?. . . A crock jar I used smelled for months afterwards.I like to make mine outside, on the deck. . . I hope it keeps the varmints away!Then I put it in a jar with a lid when it goes in the frig. The way to tell that it's ready is when it becomes translucent. Hugs,Rogene

Rogene,

Thanks on the tip........I think its keeping the husband away. He goes to work from 6:00pm to 11:00a.m. everyday. All my boys are complaining ..........garage seems like a good place.

Hopefully it keeps that bad yeast away. It gives me fart footballs all the time.

But it seems to keep the stomach feeling good.

In a message dated 2/7/2008 4:07:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

LOL . . . The smell is part of the process . . . Do you have a place to put the kraut where the smell won't bother you? Maybe a garage? or an empty room?. . . A crock jar I used smelled for months afterwards.I like to make mine outside, on the deck. . . I hope it keeps the varmints away!Then I put it in a jar with a lid when it goes in the frig. The way to tell that it's ready is when it becomes translucent. Hugs,Rogene

Yeh Rogene,

Everybody at my 9 year old sons basketball games knows its working too. I just shoot for 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rearly score a 3 pointer . Some of the sauerkrat is translucent and some it hard yet and that means its not done. I just eat the soft stuff right now. Yummy in my tummy!!!!!!!!!!

So I am doing it right yeaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Thank you

In a message dated 2/7/2008 9:53:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

The fermentation process will slow down if it's kept in a cold place . . . But it sounds like it's well underway. . . .

Those foot balls are an indication that it's working!

Hugs,

Rogene

Rogene,

I have to tell my 9 year old that one..........He is always by my side up to 10:00p.m. reading everyones emails with me. He loves the jokes......Plus he has become a informational walking doctor to his teachers. I am saving that one for him to read..............he is going to love it. I got one heck of a belly laugh in on that one.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL that is toooo GOOD. I sure can relate. Everyone wants to know what I am eating ......or you get dirty looks.........or just simply like blowing the people away that I dont like. That's the best of them best.

What Fun .......

In a message dated 2/7/2008 10:29:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01@... writes:

LOL . . . now you've gone and done it! . . .

I'm sending just part of this post because I know you'll relate! . . . The rest was a bit too raunchy! . . . - Rogene

---------------------------------------------------

Have you ever asked your child a question too many times? My three-year-old son had a lot of problems with potty training and I was on him constantly. One day we stopped at Taco Bell for a quick lunch in between errands. It was very busy, with a full dining room. While enjoying my taco, I smelled something funny, so of course I checked my seven-month-old daughter, she was clean. The realized that Danny had not asked to go potty in a while. I asked him if he needed to go, and he said "No". I kept thinking "Oh Lord, that child has had an accident, and I don't have any clothes with me." Then I said, "Danny, are you SURE you didn't have an accident?" "No," he replied. I just KNEW that he must have had an accident, because the smell was getting worse. Soooooo, I asked one more time, "Danny, did you have an accident?" This time he jumped up, yanked down his pants, bent over, spread his cheeks and yelled "SEE MOM, IT'S JUST FARTS!!" While 30 people nearly choked to death on their tacos laughing, he calmly pulled up his pants and sat down. An old couple made me feel better, thanking me for the best laugh they'd ever had!

Re: Need some help!........Everyone.....Please Read this ! !

Yeh Rogene,

Everybody at my 9 year old sons basketball games knows its working too. I just shoot for 2!!!!!!!!!!! !

I rearly score a 3 pointer . Some of the sauerkrat is translucent and some it hard yet and that means its not done. I just eat the soft stuff right now. Yummy in my tummy!!!!!!! !!!

So I am doing it right yeaaaaa!!!!! !!!

Thank you

In a message dated 2/7/2008 9:53:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01 (DOT) com writes:

The fermentation process will slow down if it's kept in a cold place . . . But it sounds like it's well underway. . . .

Hugs,

Rogene

Hugs,

Rogene

LOL . . . now you've gone and done it! . . .

I'm sending just part of this post because I know you'll relate! . . . The rest was a bit too raunchy! . . . - Rogene

---------------------------------------------------

Have you ever asked your child a question too many times? My three-year-old son had a lot of problems with potty training and I was on him constantly. One day we stopped at Taco Bell for a quick lunch in between errands. It was very busy, with a full dining

room. While enjoying my taco, I smelled something funny, so of course I checked my seven-month-old daughter, she was clean. The realized that

Danny had not asked to go potty in a while. I asked him if he needed to go, and he said "No". I kept thinking "Oh Lord, that child has had

an accident, and I don't have any clothes with me." Then I said, "Danny, are you SURE you didn't have an accident?" "No," he replied. I just KNEW that he must have had an accident, because the smell was getting

worse. Soooooo, I asked one more time, "Danny, did you have an accident?" This time he jumped up, yanked down his pants, bent

over, spread his cheeks and yelled "SEE MOM, IT'S JUST FARTS!!" While 30 people nearly choked to death on their tacos laughing, he calmly pulled up his pants and sat

down. An old couple made me feel better, thanking me for the best laugh they'd ever had!

Re: Need some help!........Everyone.....Please Read this ! !

Yeh Rogene,

Everybody at my 9 year old sons basketball games knows its working too. I just shoot for 2!!!!!!!!!!! !

I rearly score a 3 pointer . Some of the sauerkrat is translucent and some it hard yet and that means its not done. I just eat the soft stuff right now. Yummy in my tummy!!!!!!! !!!

So I am doing it right yeaaaaa!!!!! !!!

Thank you

In a message dated 2/7/2008 9:53:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, saxony01 (DOT) com writes:

Hugs,

Rogene