RemedySpot.com

Re: Feeling Like A Failure

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Lara,

You may want to change direction but do not consider yourself a failure if you keep trying. This is just a learning experience. Decide what you learned from it and move on.

: Quotes of DeterminationNever consider the possibility of failure; as long as you persist, you will be successful.

In Lak'ech Ala K'in, Cheryl(translation: In Lak'ech Ala K'in -You Are My Other Self)In Lak'ech Ala K'in - the Living Code of the Heart | Spirit Libraryvisit me at: www.myspace.com/senegaladyMay we learn to benefit the life of Earth with peace, humble in our needs,

and generous in our giving.Joanne Sunshower

In a message dated 3/31/2008 10:10:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, persian_rose9@... writes:

Beloved Soul Family:Dear Hearts my most beautiful and beloved soul family. I hope all is well with you all. I'm not doing so great the last couple days or so. I'm feeling really down and depressed. As you know I had decieded to go back to school this semester after being out for about 6 yrs, and I was really excited,etc. I had been doing really great or at least I thought until I was last month and missed a class. I've been trying really really had to make up what I missed but it's dam near impossible as it's a Co-op or ative Experience Work Class and I also missed about 2 weeks of work when I was sick and my Co-op at work is worth about half my grade and the particular class I missed I needed that info for a paper I had to write for the class, and I also missed a seminar that same week that I needed to attend for class. I've been trying really really hard and working with the teacher, but when I last talked to my teacher last week it was decided that it's best that I completely withdraw from the class. I'm feeling really really bummed about the whole thing, and I feel like I could burst into tears at any second. I guess for what ever reason it just isn't time for me right now to go and finish what I started or maybe I should switch my major? I just really don't know. I could really use some extra prayers right now and I'm feeling very much in need of a hug . I'm so truly blessed to have found this group/family. I love you all so very much with all my heart and soul. You mean more to me than I could possibly ever put into words. *Many Warm Friendship Hugs* to all.Always In Love and LightNamaste Much Metta,Your Beloved Soul Sister Lara xoxoCreate a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

Guest guest

Dearest Lara,

Don't ever let anyone make you feel like a failure!! You bring so much to our group; you aren't a failure. Perhaps now is not the best time for you, or maybe it's not the right fit, but failure you aren't. I had a similar experience. In my early days in college (and I went back in my thirties) I couldn't get the hang of chemistry. It sounded like the teacher was speaking Greek! The formulas and the whole concept made no sense to me. I went to him for help and the advice he gave me was that the best thing I could do for myself was drop the class; that perhaps I wasn't college material. That was like waving a red flag in my face. I determined he was the one with the problem and I went on to get my master's degree. But your asking for advice about you.

Pray or meditate on what you want to do. If it's wait a while to figure it out and regroup, then that's okay. If it's change your major, that's okay too. I'm sending extra prayers and hugs your way. I know you were really excited about this opportunity, so just remember, you can restart your education any time.

Many hugs, and much love and light,

Carole

>> Beloved Soul Family:> Dear Hearts my most beautiful and beloved soul family. I hope all is well with you all. I'm not doing so great the last couple days or so. I'm feeling really down and depressed. As you know I had decieded to go back to school this semester after being out for about 6 yrs, and I was really excited,etc. I had been doing really great or at least I thought until I was last month and missed a class. I've been trying really really had to make up what I missed but it's dam near impossible as it's a Co-op or ative Experience Work Class and I also missed about 2 weeks of work when I was sick and my Co-op at work is worth about half my grade and the particular class I missed I needed that info for a paper I had to write for the class, and I also missed a seminar that same week that I needed to attend for class. I've been trying really really hard and working with the teacher, but when I last talked to my teacher last week it was decided that it's best that I completely !> withdraw from the class. I'm feeling really really bummed about the whole thing, and I feel like I could burst into tears at any second. I guess for what ever reason it just isn't time for me right now to go and finish what I started or maybe I should switch my major? I just really don't know. I could really use some extra prayers right now and I'm feeling very much in need of a hug . I'm so truly blessed to have found this group/family. I love you all so very much with all my heart and soul. You mean more to me than I could possibly ever put into words. *Many Warm Friendship Hugs* to all.> > Always In Love and Light> Namaste Much Metta,> Your Beloved Soul Sister Lara xoxo>

Guest guest

Hello Lara:

Peace be with you. Just remember that no one can "make" you feel like a failure, regardless of what they say. You are entitled to choose your own feelings about yourself. Of course, our challenges in life do distract us from remembering who we really are.

I have also had the awful experience of a professor telling me to quit when I sought his help. He p.... ed me off so much that I was ready the do just that, but with some time I recovered, I changed my field and moved on. Perhaps this was a blessing, because I went on to do a masters degree and then a Ph.D. I am now one of those professors - having a great time encouraging, inspiring and supporting my students. In terms of your specific situation, if you can produce evidence of illness (e.g., a doctor's note), the instructor is required to accommodate you. This also applies to the co-op. There are usually other students who are willingly share their notes. Try finding one. Finally, students who return after several years away do find it stressful, but it takes only one or two semesters for them to get right back into it.

I wish you well

Dixon

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of CaroleSent: March 31, 2008 7:28 AM Subject: [] Re: Feeling Like A Failure

Dearest Lara,

Don't ever let anyone make you feel like a failure!! You bring so much to our group; you aren't a failure. Perhaps now is not the best time for you, or maybe it's not the right fit, but failure you aren't. I had a similar experience. In my early days in college (and I went back in my thirties) I couldn't get the hang of chemistry. It sounded like the teacher was speaking Greek! The formulas and the whole concept made no sense to me. I went to him for help and the advice he gave me was that the best thing I could do for myself was drop the class; that perhaps I wasn't college material. That was like waving a red flag in my face. I determined he was the one with the problem and I went on to get my master's degree. But your asking for advice about you.

Pray or meditate on what you want to do. If it's wait a while to figure it out and regroup, then that's okay. If it's change your major, that's okay too. I'm sending extra prayers and hugs your way. I know you were really excited about this opportunity, so just remember, you can restart your education any time.

Many hugs, and much love and light,

Carole

>> Beloved Soul Family:> Dear Hearts my most beautiful and beloved soul family. I hope all is well with you all. I'm not doing so great the last couple days or so. I'm feeling really down and depressed. As you know I had decieded to go back to school this semester after being out for about 6 yrs, and I was really excited,etc. I had been doing really great or at least I thought until I was last month and missed a class. I've been trying really really had to make up what I missed but it's dam near impossible as it's a Co-op or ative Experience Work Class and I also missed about 2 weeks of work when I was sick and my Co-op at work is worth about half my grade and the particular class I missed I needed that info for a paper I had to write for the class, and I also missed a seminar that same week that I needed to attend for class. I've been trying really really hard and working with the teacher, but when I last talked to my teacher last week it was decided that it's best that I completely !> withdraw from the class. I'm feeling really really bummed about the whole thing, and I feel like I could burst into tears at any second. I guess for what ever reason it just isn't time for me right now to go and finish what I started or maybe I should switch my major? I just really don't know. I could really use some extra prayers right now and I'm feeling very much in need of a hug . I'm so truly blessed to have found this group/family. I love you all so very much with all my heart and soul. You mean more to me than I could possibly ever put into words. *Many Warm Friendship Hugs* to all.> > Always In Love and Light> Namaste Much Metta,> Your Beloved Soul Sister Lara xoxo>

Guest guest

Dearest Lara, One of the greastest gifts we receive here on earth, is the knowledge of "the joy is in the journey" While this is hard, as we are in the middle of our funk, Still try to feel the experience. Be easy on yourself. You have experienced such pain & confusion with the sudden loss of your dear friend Zach. Perhaps your major will change. perhaps you'll decide to retake the class your going to drop. by no means are you ever a failure! You are a brilliant light Spirit here to experience... Please feel the love surrounding you with hugs of support for as long as they are needed. Thank you for reaching out when you are in pain..you give me & others courage to do the same. Be well my friend, With love respect & light, PeggyLara Kearns <persian_rose9@...>

wrote: Beloved Soul Family:Dear Hearts my most beautiful and beloved soul family. I hope all is well with you all. I'm not doing so great the last couple days or so. I'm feeling really down and depressed. As you know I had decieded to go back to school this semester after being out for about 6 yrs, and I was really excited,etc. I had been doing really great or at least I thought until I was

last month and missed a class. I've been trying really really had to make up what I missed but it's dam near impossible as it's a Co-op or ative Experience Work Class and I also missed about 2 weeks of work when I was sick and my Co-op at work is worth about half my grade and the particular class I missed I needed that info for a paper I had to write for the class, and I also missed a seminar that same week that I needed to attend for class. I've been trying really really hard and working with the teacher, but when I last talked to my teacher last week it was decided that it's best that I completely withdraw from the class. I'm feeling really really bummed about the whole thing, and I feel like I could burst into tears at any second. I guess for what ever reason it just isn't time for me right now to go and finish what I started or maybe I should switch my major? I just really don't know. I could really use some extra

prayers right now and I'm feeling very much in need of a hug . I'm so truly blessed to have found this group/family. I love you all so very much with all my heart and soul. You mean more to me than I could possibly ever put into words. *Many Warm Friendship Hugs* to all.Always In Love and LightNamaste Much Metta,Your Beloved Soul Sister Lara xoxo

No Cost - Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now. Sweet deal for users and friends.

Guest guest

Dear Sister Lara, At what have you failed? Do you not Love? Do you not Care for others, physically, mentally and spiritually? Do you not care for yourself, and stay as healthy as you can? So, a class you enrolled in, to learn, was interrupted by "REAL" life. Is there not the opportunity to learn this lesson next semester or the one after? Yes, you were "expecting" to complete this lesson this semester, but once again, "Real" Life, does not run to the restrictions of man-made time. You have not "Failed" anything, other then self or societal timing, which is illusion, and detrimental, if you would condemn yourself for not running to "The Clock". Apparently, it was not to be, At This Time. No waste, no recriminations, no fault. Just Life. Live It! Here, Now, and with Love, and let that which you are able to do, be done. Let not your mind, run away from your Heart. Be at Peace. Many Blessings, MarkLara Kearns

<persian_rose9@...> wrote: Beloved Soul Family:Dear Hearts my most beautiful and beloved soul family. I hope all is well with you all. I'm not doing so great the last couple days or so. I'm feeling really down and depressed. As you know I had decieded to go back to school this semester after being out for about 6 yrs, and I was really excited,etc. I had been doing really

great or at least I thought until I was last month and missed a class. I've been trying really really had to make up what I missed but it's dam near impossible as it's a Co-op or ative Experience Work Class and I also missed about 2 weeks of work when I was sick and my Co-op at work is worth about half my grade and the particular class I missed I needed that info for a paper I had to write for the class, and I also missed a seminar that same week that I needed to attend for class. I've been trying really really hard and working with the teacher, but when I last talked to my teacher last week it was decided that it's best that I completely withdraw from the class. I'm feeling really really bummed about the whole thing, and I feel like I could burst into tears at any second. I guess for what ever reason it just isn't time for me right now to go and finish what I started or maybe I should switch my major? I just really don't

know. I could really use some extra prayers right now and I'm feeling very much in need of a hug . I'm so truly blessed to have found this group/family. I love you all so very much with all my heart and soul. You mean more to me than I could possibly ever put into words. *Many Warm Friendship Hugs* to all.Always In Love and LightNamaste Much Metta,Your Beloved Soul Sister Lara xoxo

OMG, Sweet deal for users/friends: Get A Month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. W00t