RemedySpot.com

An Updatae

Rate this topic

Guest guest

An update from my friend Frances who was just diagnosed with Stave IV lung cancer. As you can see, she has a wonderful attitude about this and I know that is partly because of all of the prayers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi:

It took about 48 hours for the shock of last Thursday's news to wear off and for me to start breathing normal again - - I was soon back to being myself. I met with the radiologist on Friday and the oncologist again today. I have had my chest all marked up and will get my tattoos (I think tomorrow) for where the radiation will be aimed. I start radiation and chemo on Thursday(1/31). It will last several weeks. I still have a bone scan scheduled. Other than that, it is the treatments and testing they will need to do to monitor the results. It is Stage IV cancer. I still have a very positive attitude about the outcome, and told the doctor today that I intend to be his Poster Case. He wanted to know if I had any questions. I told him yes. "Can I get my ears pierced?" I want to wear huge flashy earrings to take the attention away from my bald head. I don't think he had ever been asked that before. Anyway, he didn't approve the ear piercing (afraid it might have some effect on my blood count). He said I could just wear clip ons. Anyway, I bought my first snazy cap today for when my hair comes out. It's a knockout.

Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, e-mails, cards, and even phone calls if they don't wake me from a nap. I'm going to try my best to do my part to beat this, which means eating well, resting, and getting some exercise. Most of all thinking positive and laughing. One really good thing. Since years ago when I was told my cholesterol was high and I had to eat healthy, I have not indulged in lots of things. NOW, I'm told to eat lots of butter, eggs, icecream, whipcream, anything I want and as much as I can. Whoopee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the prayers going....Love you all.....Frances

Love and hugs, Cheryl in GAvisit me at: www.myspace.com/senegaladyMay we learn to benefit the life of Earth with peace, humble in our needs,

and generous in our giving.Joanne SunshowerStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.