RemedySpot.com

One Year Anniversary Today!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi All,

Bindi is right...the one year marker is a strange feeling...relieved that you're explanted but not necessarily feeling as well as you'd expected. I feel a little down but after jotting down the subtle ways in which I've improved, there is no doubt I am healing. So for any newbies, this is what I've experienced (again...my symptoms were more cognitive and eye-related than most and everyone heals at a different pace...I'm slower than some).

How I've progressed:

no more crying every single day multiple times throughout the day

no more head so heavy and neck so stiff I can't hold it up

optic neuritis/blindness in left eye almost perfectly healed...no more bumping into the vaccum and walls

no more flashing arcs of light in my eyes at night

no longer sitting on the couch all day or laying in bed

no more praying that I can get through the half hour of picking up kids...piece of cake now

no more avoiding stairs due to weakness

no more eating in bed due to fatigue

no more daily suicidal thoughts

no more doctor appointments a few times each week (I saw a total of 32 different docs!)

no more searching for what's wrong and how to fix it

no more spending endless hours in front of the computer wondering how to deal with this

no more going three days without bathing!...now I'm back to my daily routine...I even take showers now...was too weak before to stand that long

no more avoiding phone calls from friends because it was too much effort to talk

no longer napping daily

no more having trouble remembering 2 digit numbers. I can now remember phone numbers weeks later!

am now able to do yoga and walk and bike 5 miles a few times a week...a milestone after being bedridden for so long

Diminished:

only wake occasionally due to numbness instead of 4 or 5 times a night

blurry vision is very infrequent...mostly clear now but still not perfect

still trouble reading sometimes due to nystagmus but far less than what it was and definitely not constant as it was previously

migraines only occur for part of the day

buzzing in ears no longer round the clock

fatigue isn't so debilitating

brain fog...still present but lessened in intensity

constant thoughts about illness, symptoms, what if??? no longer

monopolizing conversations w/ my illness...I actually ask others how they are doing now!

What I've gained:

a deepening faith in God and myself

feeling the presence of God within me and with me

the realization that we are all One and no one is exempt from suffering (always thought I was invincible!)

immeasurable strength...never ever thought I'd be able to handle something like this, but I have and I've done it better than I could have every imagined, if I say so myself:)

knowing for sure 100% what my purpose on this Earth is

realizing what is most important to my soul, my life, my family

many wonderful women who have listened to me, supported me, guided me, and befriended me...thank you ALL for being here for me this past year

possibly preventing myself from developing Alzheimer's which runs in my family...I've learned how to detox so well that I know I can probably avoid it

learning so much about nutrition and detox

realizing that I am loved by friends and family far deeper than I ever knew

realizing that body image is so insignificant and downright silly in the big scheme of things

knowing how to protect my kids from toxins

knowing without a doubt that I am truly blessed no matter what occurs in my life...a hard one to remember

It's all been a tough lesson...toughest in my life but I'm determined to get my health back fully. I came across this song last week and it's my theme song for the next year of healing:

http://search.playlist.com/tracks/this%2520year%2520chantal

Happy healing to us all. Love, PH

Guest guest

Congradulations PH . . . You really have come a long, long way . . . and you'll continue to get better. I just wish it could happen sooner. In the long run, you'll probably enjoy a healthier life than you would have otherwise.I'm so glad you're here to encourage other women. . . Sharing your experiences is what makes this group work.Love,Rogeneperfecthealth68 <perfecthealth68@...> wrote: Hi All, Bindi is right...the one year marker is a strange feeling...relieved that you're explanted but not

necessarily feeling as well as you'd expected. I feel a little down but after jotting down the subtle ways in which I've improved, there is no doubt I am healing. So for any newbies, this is what I've experienced (again...my symptoms were more cognitive and eye-related than most and everyone heals at a different pace...I'm slower than some). How I've progressed: no more crying every single day multiple times throughout the day no more head so heavy and neck so stiff I can't hold it up optic neuritis/blindness in left eye almost perfectly healed...no more bumping into the vaccum and walls no more flashing arcs of light in my eyes at night no longer sitting on the couch all day or laying in bed no more praying that I can get through the half hour of picking up kids...piece of cake now no more avoiding stairs due to weakness no more eating in bed due to fatigue

no more daily suicidal thoughts no more doctor appointments a few times each week (I saw a total of 32 different docs!) no more searching for what's wrong and how to fix it no more spending endless hours in front of the computer wondering how to deal with this no more going three days without bathing!...now I'm back to my daily routine...I even take showers now...was too weak before to stand that long no more avoiding phone calls from friends because it was too much effort to talk no longer napping daily no more having trouble remembering 2 digit numbers. I can now remember phone numbers weeks later! am now able to do yoga and walk and bike 5 miles a few times a week...a milestone after being bedridden for so long Diminished: only wake occasionally due to numbness instead of 4 or 5 times a night blurry vision is very

infrequent...mostly clear now but still not perfect still trouble reading sometimes due to nystagmus but far less than what it was and definitely not constant as it was previously migraines only occur for part of the day buzzing in ears no longer round the clock fatigue isn't so debilitating brain fog...still present but lessened in intensity constant thoughts about illness, symptoms, what if??? no longer monopolizing conversations w/ my illness...I actually ask others how they are doing now! What I've gained: a deepening faith in God and myself feeling the presence of God within me and with me the realization that we are all One and no one is exempt from suffering (always thought I was invincible!) immeasurable strength...never ever thought I'd be able to handle something like this, but I have and I've done it better than I could have every

imagined, if I say so myself:) knowing for sure 100% what my purpose on this Earth is realizing what is most important to my soul, my life, my family many wonderful women who have listened to me, supported me, guided me, and befriended me...thank you ALL for being here for me this past year possibly preventing myself from developing Alzheimer's which runs in my family...I've learned how to detox so well that I know I can probably avoid it learning so much about nutrition and detox realizing that I am loved by friends and family far deeper than I ever knew realizing that body image is so insignificant and downright silly in the big scheme of things knowing how to protect my kids from toxins knowing without a doubt that I am truly blessed no matter what occurs in my life...a hard one to remember It's all been a tough lesson...toughest in my life but I'm determined to

get my health back fully. I came across this song last week and it's my theme song for the next year of healing: http://search.playlist.com/tracks/this%2520year%2520chantal Happy healing to us all. Love, PH

Guest guest

PH,

What a beautiful, uplifting letter of encouragement, and hope. You

have come a long way, girl! I'm so proud of you for all you have

accomplished and all you are doing to make a difference in the lives

of others around you. You are loved!

Patty

>

>

> Hi All,

>

> Bindi is right...the one year marker is a strange feeling...relieved

> that you're explanted but not necessarily feeling as well as you'd

> expected. I feel a little down but after jotting down the subtle

ways

> in which I've improved, there is no doubt I am healing. So for any

> newbies, this is what I've experienced (again...my symptoms were

more

> cognitive and eye-related than most and everyone heals at a

different

> pace...I'm slower than some).

>

> How I've progressed:

>

> * no more crying every single day multiple times throughout the

day

> * no more head so heavy and neck so stiff I can't hold it up

> * optic neuritis/blindness in left eye almost perfectly

healed...no

> more bumping into the vaccum and walls

> * no more flashing arcs of light in my eyes at night

> * no longer sitting on the couch all day or laying in bed

> * no more praying that I can get through the half hour of

picking up

> kids...piece of cake now

> * no more avoiding stairs due to weakness

> * no more eating in bed due to fatigue

> * no more daily suicidal thoughts

> * no more doctor appointments a few times each week (I saw a

total of

> 32 different docs!)

> * no more searching for what's wrong and how to fix it

> * no more spending endless hours in front of the computer

wondering

> how to deal with this

> * no more going three days without bathing!...now I'm back to my

> daily routine...I even take showers now...was too weak before to

stand

> that long

> * no more avoiding phone calls from friends because it was too

much

> effort to talk

> * no longer napping daily

> * no more having trouble remembering 2 digit numbers. I can now

> remember phone numbers weeks later!

> * am now able to do yoga and walk and bike 5 miles a few times a

> week...a milestone after being bedridden for so long

>

> Diminished:

>

> * only wake occasionally due to numbness instead of 4 or 5

times a

> night

> * blurry vision is very infrequent...mostly clear now but still

not

> perfect

> * still trouble reading sometimes due to nystagmus but far less

than

> what it was and definitely not constant as it was previously

> * migraines only occur for part of the day

> * buzzing in ears no longer round the clock

> * fatigue isn't so debilitating

> * brain fog...still present but lessened in intensity

> * constant thoughts about illness, symptoms, what if??? no

longer

> * monopolizing conversations w/ my illness...I actually ask

others

> how they are doing now!

>

> What I've gained:

>

> * a deepening faith in God and myself

> * feeling the presence of God within me and with me

> * the realization that we are all One and no one is exempt from

> suffering (always thought I was invincible!)

> * immeasurable strength...never ever thought I'd be able to

handle

> something like this, but I have and I've done it better than I could

> have every imagined, if I say so myself:)

> * knowing for sure 100% what my purpose on this Earth is

> * realizing what is most important to my soul, my life, my

family

> * many wonderful women who have listened to me, supported me,

guided

> me, and befriended me...thank you ALL for being here for me this

past

> year

> * possibly preventing myself from developing Alzheimer's which

runs

> in my family...I've learned how to detox so well that I know I can

> probably avoid it

> * learning so much about nutrition and detox

> * realizing that I am loved by friends and family far deeper

than I

> ever knew

> * realizing that body image is so insignificant and downright

silly

> in the big scheme of things

> * knowing how to protect my kids from toxins

> * knowing without a doubt that I am truly blessed no matter what

> occurs in my life...a hard one to remember

>

> It's all been a tough lesson...toughest in my life but I'm

determined to

> get my health back fully. I came across this song last week and

it's my

> theme song for the next year of healing:

>

> http://search.playlist.com/tracks/this%2520year%2520chantal

> <http://search.playlist.com/tracks/this%2520year%2520chantal>

>

> Happy healing to us all. Love, PH

>

Guest guest

Hi PH,I am so happy for you. Congratulations on your milestone of one year. You've been through so much but you've also come a long way. Love Traciperfecthealth68 <perfecthealth68@...> wrote: Hi All, Bindi is right...the one year marker is a strange feeling...relieved that you're explanted but not necessarily feeling as well as you'd expected. I feel a little down but after jotting down the subtle ways in which I've improved, there is no doubt I am healing. So for any newbies,

this is what I've experienced (again...my symptoms were more cognitive and eye-related than most and everyone heals at a different pace...I'm slower than some). How I've progressed: no more crying every single day multiple times throughout the day no more head so heavy and neck so stiff I can't hold it up optic neuritis/blindness in left eye almost perfectly healed...no more bumping into the vaccum and walls no more flashing arcs of light in my eyes at night no longer sitting on the couch all day or laying in bed no more praying that I can get through the half hour of picking up kids...piece of cake now no more avoiding stairs due to weakness no more eating in bed due to fatigue no more daily suicidal thoughts no more doctor appointments a few times each week (I saw a total of 32 different docs!) no more searching for what's wrong and how to fix

it no more spending endless hours in front of the computer wondering how to deal with this no more going three days without bathing!...now I'm back to my daily routine...I even take showers now...was too weak before to stand that long no more avoiding phone calls from friends because it was too much effort to talk no longer napping daily no more having trouble remembering 2 digit numbers. I can now remember phone numbers weeks later! am now able to do yoga and walk and bike 5 miles a few times a week...a milestone after being bedridden for so long Diminished: only wake occasionally due to numbness instead of 4 or 5 times a night blurry vision is very infrequent...mostly clear now but still not perfect still trouble reading sometimes due to nystagmus but far less than what it was and definitely not constant as it was previously migraines only

occur for part of the day buzzing in ears no longer round the clock fatigue isn't so debilitating brain fog...still present but lessened in intensity constant thoughts about illness, symptoms, what if??? no longer monopolizing conversations w/ my illness...I actually ask others how they are doing now! What I've gained: a deepening faith in God and myself feeling the presence of God within me and with me the realization that we are all One and no one is exempt from suffering (always thought I was invincible!) immeasurable strength...never ever thought I'd be able to handle something like this, but I have and I've done it better than I could have every imagined, if I say so myself:) knowing for sure 100% what my purpose on this Earth is realizing what is most important to my soul, my life, my family many wonderful women who have

listened to me, supported me, guided me, and befriended me...thank you ALL for being here for me this past year possibly preventing myself from developing Alzheimer's which runs in my family...I've learned how to detox so well that I know I can probably avoid it learning so much about nutrition and detox realizing that I am loved by friends and family far deeper than I ever knew realizing that body image is so insignificant and downright silly in the big scheme of things knowing how to protect my kids from toxins knowing without a doubt that I am truly blessed no matter what occurs in my life...a hard one to remember It's all been a tough lesson...toughest in my life but I'm determined to get my health back fully. I came across this song last week and it's my theme song for the next year of healing: http://search.playlist.com/tracks/this%2520year%2520chantal Happy healing to us all. Love, PH "Feeling down? Saddle up." ~Author Unknown

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi Traci,

Congrats to you too with your healing. I'm so glad the staph

infection is gone! It just shows that patience and perseverance

gets us there...just wish we had control over the length of time!

Thanks too for the myspace comment. You're such a sweetie. Love, PH

--- In , TM McIntosh <prowlermeow@...>

wrote:

>

> Hi PH,

>

> I am so happy for you. Congratulations on your milestone of one

year. You've been through so much but you've also come a long way.

>

> Love Traci

>

> perfecthealth68 <perfecthealth68@...>

wrote:

> Hi All,

> Bindi is right...the one year marker is a strange

feeling...relieved that you're explanted but not necessarily feeling

as well as you'd expected. I feel a little down but after jotting

down the subtle ways in which I've improved, there is no doubt I am

healing. So for any newbies, this is what I've experienced

(again...my symptoms were more cognitive and eye-related than most

and everyone heals at a different pace...I'm slower than some).

> How I've progressed:

>

> no more crying every single day multiple times throughout the

day

> no more head so heavy and neck so stiff I can't hold it up

> optic neuritis/blindness in left eye almost perfectly

healed...no more bumping into the vaccum and walls

> no more flashing arcs of light in my eyes at night

> no longer sitting on the couch all day or laying in bed

> no more praying that I can get through the half hour of picking

up kids...piece of cake now

> no more avoiding stairs due to weakness

> no more eating in bed due to fatigue

> no more daily suicidal thoughts

> no more doctor appointments a few times each week (I saw a

total of 32 different docs!)

> no more searching for what's wrong and how to fix it

> no more spending endless hours in front of the computer

wondering how to deal with this

> no more going three days without bathing!...now I'm back to my

daily routine...I even take showers now...was too weak before to

stand that long

> no more avoiding phone calls from friends because it was too

much effort to talk

> no longer napping daily

> no more having trouble remembering 2 digit numbers. I can now

remember phone numbers weeks later!

> am now able to do yoga and walk and bike 5 miles a few times a

week...a milestone after being bedridden for so long

>

> Diminished:

>

> only wake occasionally due to numbness instead of 4 or 5 times

a night

> blurry vision is very infrequent...mostly clear now but still

not perfect

> still trouble reading sometimes due to nystagmus but far less

than what it was and definitely not constant as it was previously

> migraines only occur for part of the day

> buzzing in ears no longer round the clock

> fatigue isn't so debilitating

> brain fog...still present but lessened in intensity

> constant thoughts about illness, symptoms, what if??? no

longer

> monopolizing conversations w/ my illness...I actually ask

others how they are doing now!

> What I've gained:

>

> a deepening faith in God and myself

> feeling the presence of God within me and with me

> the realization that we are all One and no one is exempt from

suffering (always thought I was invincible!)

> immeasurable strength...never ever thought I'd be able to

handle something like this, but I have and I've done it better than

I could have every imagined, if I say so myself:)

> knowing for sure 100% what my purpose on this Earth is

> realizing what is most important to my soul, my life, my family

> many wonderful women who have listened to me, supported me,

guided me, and befriended me...thank you ALL for being here for me

this past year

> possibly preventing myself from developing Alzheimer's which

runs in my family...I've learned how to detox so well that I know I

can probably avoid it

> learning so much about nutrition and detox

> realizing that I am loved by friends and family far deeper than

I ever knew

> realizing that body image is so insignificant and downright

silly in the big scheme of things

> knowing how to protect my kids from toxins

> knowing without a doubt that I am truly blessed no matter what

occurs in my life...a hard one to remember

> It's all been a tough lesson...toughest in my life but I'm

determined to get my health back fully. I came across this song

last week and it's my theme song for the next year of healing:

> http://search.playlist.com/tracks/this%2520year%2520chantal

> Happy healing to us all. Love, PH

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> " Feeling down? Saddle up. "

>

> ~Author Unknown

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try it now.

>

Guest guest

You are a good person PH. There will be a day when this will be a distant memory. The staph is gone however, the breast wound is still open. I still get packed daily by my nurses. Only 1 1/2 inches by 1 inch to go, then I will be fully healed. I am very grateful that the staph is gone.Love Traciperfecthealth68 <perfecthealth68@...> wrote: Hi Traci, Congrats to you too with your healing. I'm so glad the staph infection is gone! It just shows that patience and perseverance gets us there...just

wish we had control over the length of time! Thanks too for the myspace comment. You're such a sweetie. Love, PH > Hi All, > Bindi is right...the one year marker is a strange feeling...relieved that you're explanted but not necessarily feeling as well as you'd expected. I feel a little down but after jotting down the subtle ways in which I've improved, there is no doubt I am healing. So for any newbies, this is what I've experienced (again...my

symptoms were more cognitive and eye-related than most and everyone heals at a different pace...I'm slower than some). > How I've progressed: > > no more crying every single day multiple times throughout the day > no more head so heavy and neck so stiff I can't hold it up > optic neuritis/blindness in left eye almost perfectly healed...no more bumping into the vaccum and walls > no more flashing arcs of light in my eyes at night > no longer sitting on the couch all day or laying in bed > no more praying that I can get through the half hour of picking up kids...piece of cake now > no more avoiding stairs due to weakness > no more eating in bed due to fatigue > no more daily suicidal thoughts > no more doctor appointments a few times each week (I saw a total of 32 different docs!) > no more searching for what's

wrong and how to fix it > no more spending endless hours in front of the computer wondering how to deal with this > no more going three days without bathing!...now I'm back to my daily routine...I even take showers now...was too weak before to stand that long > no more avoiding phone calls from friends because it was too much effort to talk > no longer napping daily > no more having trouble remembering 2 digit numbers. I can now remember phone numbers weeks later! > am now able to do yoga and walk and bike 5 miles a few times a week...a milestone after being bedridden for so long > > Diminished: > > only wake occasionally due to numbness instead of 4 or 5 times a night > blurry vision is very infrequent...mostly clear now but still not perfect > still trouble reading sometimes due to nystagmus but far less

than what it was and definitely not constant as it was previously > migraines only occur for part of the day > buzzing in ears no longer round the clock > fatigue isn't so debilitating > brain fog...still present but lessened in intensity > constant thoughts about illness, symptoms, what if??? no longer > monopolizing conversations w/ my illness...I actually ask others how they are doing now! > What I've gained: > > a deepening faith in God and myself > feeling the presence of God within me and with me > the realization that we are all One and no one is exempt from suffering (always thought I was invincible!) > immeasurable strength...never ever thought I'd be able to handle something like this, but I have and I've done it better than I could have every imagined, if I say so myself:) > knowing for sure

100% what my purpose on this Earth is > realizing what is most important to my soul, my life, my family > many wonderful women who have listened to me, supported me, guided me, and befriended me...thank you ALL for being here for me this past year > possibly preventing myself from developing Alzheimer's which runs in my family...I've learned how to detox so well that I know I can probably avoid it > learning so much about nutrition and detox > realizing that I am loved by friends and family far deeper than I ever knew > realizing that body image is so insignificant and downright silly in the big scheme of things > knowing how to protect my kids from toxins > knowing without a doubt that I am truly blessed no matter what occurs in my life...a hard one to remember > It's all been a tough lesson...toughest in my life but I'm determined to

get my health back fully. I came across this song last week and it's my theme song for the next year of healing: > http://search.playlist.com/tracks/this%2520year%2520chantal > Happy healing to us all. Love, PH > > > > > > > > "Feeling down? Saddle up." > > ~Author Unknown > > > --------------------------------- > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. > "Feeling down? Saddle up." ~Author Unknown

Guest guest

Dear PH,

Seems you have come very far with the improvement of your health this past year. Aren't you glad it is behind you? I'm so glad things are going so well for you. You have worked so hard to regain your health and I know you will continue to improve.

Hugs~

a

Re: One Year Anniversary Today!

Hi PH,I am so happy for you. Congratulations on your milestone of one year. You've been through so much but you've also come a long way. Love Traciperfecthealth68 <perfecthealth68> wrote:

Hi All,

Bindi is right...the one year marker is a strange feeling...relieved that you're explanted but not necessarily feeling as well as you'd expected. I feel a little down but after jotting down the subtle ways in which I've improved, there is no doubt I am healing. So for any newbies, this is what I've experienced (again...my symptoms were more cognitive and eye-related than most and everyone heals at a different pace...I'm slower than some).

How I've progressed:

no more crying every single day multiple times throughout the day

no more head so heavy and neck so stiff I can't hold it up

optic neuritis/blindness in left eye almost perfectly healed...no more bumping into the vaccum and walls

no more flashing arcs of light in my eyes at night

no longer sitting on the couch all day or laying in bed

no more praying that I can get through the half hour of picking up kids...piece of cake now

no more avoiding stairs due to weakness

no more eating in bed due to fatigue

no more daily suicidal thoughts

no more doctor appointments a few times each week (I saw a total of 32 different docs!)

no more searching for what's wrong and how to fix it

no more spending endless hours in front of the computer wondering how to deal with this

no more going three days without bathing!...now I'm back to my daily routine...I even take showers now...was too weak before to stand that long

no more avoiding phone calls from friends because it was too much effort to talk

no longer napping daily

no more having trouble remembering 2 digit numbers. I can now remember phone numbers weeks later!

am now able to do yoga and walk and bike 5 miles a few times a week...a milestone after being bedridden for so long

Diminished:

only wake occasionally due to numbness instead of 4 or 5 times a night

blurry vision is very infrequent.. .mostly clear now but still not perfect

still trouble reading sometimes due to nystagmus but far less than what it was and definitely not constant as it was previously

migraines only occur for part of the day

buzzing in ears no longer round the clock

fatigue isn't so debilitating

brain fog...still present but lessened in intensity

constant thoughts about illness, symptoms, what if??? no longer

monopolizing conversations w/ my illness...I actually ask others how they are doing now!

What I've gained:

a deepening faith in God and myself

feeling the presence of God within me and with me

the realization that we are all One and no one is exempt from suffering (always thought I was invincible!)

immeasurable strength...never ever thought I'd be able to handle something like this, but I have and I've done it better than I could have every imagined, if I say so myself:)

knowing for sure 100% what my purpose on this Earth is

realizing what is most important to my soul, my life, my family

many wonderful women who have listened to me, supported me, guided me, and befriended me...thank you ALL for being here for me this past year

possibly preventing myself from developing Alzheimer's which runs in my family...I've learned how to detox so well that I know I can probably avoid it

learning so much about nutrition and detox

realizing that I am loved by friends and family far deeper than I ever knew

realizing that body image is so insignificant and downright silly in the big scheme of things

knowing how to protect my kids from toxins

knowing without a doubt that I am truly blessed no matter what occurs in my life...a hard one to remember

It's all been a tough lesson...toughest in my life but I'm determined to get my health back fully. I came across this song last week and it's my theme song for the next year of healing:

http://search. playlist. com/tracks/ this%2520year% 2520chantal

Happy healing to us all. Love, PH

"Feeling down? Saddle up." ~Author Unknown

Guest guest

Traci,

I had 2 open wounds for 3 months after explant. it was after the wounds healed that I developed masses. That is when I became dealthy ill, and was admitted to the hospital. Keep an eye on them. I was lucky to have an excellent infectious disease doctor who knew something was wrong back then, but I again believed this was normal.

you also may qualify for HBO (hyberbaric Oxygen chamber) for delayed wound healing.

carol

Re: Re: One Year Anniversary Today!

You are a good person PH. There will be a day when this will be a distant memory. The staph is gone however, the breast wound is still open. I still get packed daily by my nurses. Only 1 1/2 inches by 1 inch to go, then I will be fully healed. I am very grateful that the staph is gone.Love Traciperfecthealth68 <perfecthealth68> wrote:

Hi Traci,Congrats to you too with your healing. I'm so glad the staph infection is gone! It just shows that patience and perseverance gets us there...just wish we had control over the length of time! Thanks too for the myspace comment. You're such a sweetie. Love, PH > Hi All,> Bindi is right...the one year marker is a strange feeling...relieved that you're explanted but not necessarily feeling as well as you'd expected.

I feel a little down but after jotting down the subtle ways in which I've improved, there is no doubt I am healing. So for any newbies, this is what I've experienced (again...my symptoms were more cognitive and eye-related than most and everyone heals at a different pace...I'm slower than some).> How I've progressed:> > no more crying every single day multiple times throughout the day > no more head so heavy and neck so stiff I can't hold it up > optic neuritis/blindness in left eye almost perfectly healed...no more bumping into the vaccum and walls > no more flashing arcs of light in my eyes at night > no longer sitting on the couch all day or laying in bed > no more praying that I can get through the half hour of picking up kids...piece of cake now > no more avoiding stairs due to weakness > no more eating in bed due to fatigue > no more daily

suicidal thoughts > no more doctor appointments a few times each week (I saw a total of 32 different docs!) > no more searching for what's wrong and how to fix it > no more spending endless hours in front of the computer wondering how to deal with this > no more going three days without bathing!...now I'm back to my daily routine...I even take showers now...was too weak before to stand that long > no more avoiding phone calls from friends because it was too much effort to talk > no longer napping daily > no more having trouble remembering 2 digit numbers. I can now remember phone numbers weeks later! > am now able to do yoga and walk and bike 5 miles a few times a week...a milestone after being bedridden for so long> > Diminished:> > only wake occasionally due to numbness instead of 4 or 5 times a night > blurry vision is very

infrequent.. .mostly clear now but still not perfect > still trouble reading sometimes due to nystagmus but far less than what it was and definitely not constant as it was previously > migraines only occur for part of the day > buzzing in ears no longer round the clock > fatigue isn't so debilitating > brain fog...still present but lessened in intensity > constant thoughts about illness, symptoms, what if??? no longer > monopolizing conversations w/ my illness...I actually ask others how they are doing now!> What I've gained:> > a deepening faith in God and myself > feeling the presence of God within me and with me > the realization that we are all One and no one is exempt from suffering (always thought I was invincible!) > immeasurable strength...never ever thought I'd be able to handle something like this, but I have and I've done it

better than I could have every imagined, if I say so myself:) > knowing for sure 100% what my purpose on this Earth is > realizing what is most important to my soul, my life, my family > many wonderful women who have listened to me, supported me, guided me, and befriended me...thank you ALL for being here for me this past year > possibly preventing myself from developing Alzheimer's which runs in my family...I've learned how to detox so well that I know I can probably avoid it > learning so much about nutrition and detox > realizing that I am loved by friends and family far deeper than I ever knew > realizing that body image is so insignificant and downright silly in the big scheme of things > knowing how to protect my kids from toxins > knowing without a doubt that I am truly blessed no matter what occurs in my life...a hard one to remember> It's all

been a tough lesson...toughest in my life but I'm determined to get my health back fully. I came across this song last week and it's my theme song for the next year of healing:> http://search. playlist. com/tracks/ this%2520year% 2520chantal> Happy healing to us all. Love, PH> > > > > > > > "Feeling down? Saddle up."> > ~Author Unknown> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.>"Feeling down? Saddle up." ~Author Unknown

Guest guest

Wow Carolyn,That had to be a scary experience! . . . Did your doctor remove your capsules during explant? Do an en bloc procedure?I'm happy to hear you are doing better now. I particpated in a HBOT study for implant women . . . What they were doing for stubborn wounds was amazing!Rogene

Guest guest

Hi Carol,I was explanted July 07. I've had various complications including a staph infection. I've had an open wound since last October. Blech! The cavity is now down to half an inch wide to 1.3 inches wide.My capsules are out. What kind of masses did you have? I will ask my surgeon about HBO.Hugs,TraciCaroline Caroline <seekeroftruth23@...> wrote: Traci, I had 2

open wounds for 3 months after explant. it was after the wounds healed that I developed masses. That is when I became dealthy ill, and was admitted to the hospital. Keep an eye on them. I was lucky to have an excellent infectious disease doctor who knew something was wrong back then, but I again believed this was normal. you also may qualify for HBO (hyberbaric Oxygen chamber) for delayed wound healing. carol Re: Re: One Year Anniversary Today! You

are a good person PH. There will be a day when this will be a distant memory. The staph is gone however, the breast wound is still open. I still get packed daily by my nurses. Only 1 1/2 inches by 1 inch to go, then I will be fully healed. I am very grateful that the staph is gone.Love Traciperfecthealth68 <perfecthealth68> wrote: Hi Traci,Congrats to you too with your healing. I'm so glad the staph infection is gone! It just shows that patience and perseverance gets us there...just wish we had control over the length of time! Thanks too for the myspace comment. You're such a sweetie. Love, PH > Hi All,> Bindi is right...the one year marker is a strange feeling...relieved that you're explanted but not necessarily feeling as well as you'd expected. I feel a little down but after jotting down the subtle ways in which I've improved, there is no doubt I am healing. So for any newbies, this is what I've experienced (again...my symptoms were more cognitive and eye-related than most and everyone heals at a different pace...I'm slower than some).> How I've progressed:> > no more crying every single day

multiple times throughout the day > no more head so heavy and neck so stiff I can't hold it up > optic neuritis/blindness in left eye almost perfectly healed...no more bumping into the vaccum and walls > no more flashing arcs of light in my eyes at night > no longer sitting on the couch all day or laying in bed > no more praying that I can get through the half hour of picking up kids...piece of cake now > no more avoiding stairs due to weakness > no more eating in bed due to fatigue > no more daily suicidal thoughts > no more doctor appointments a few times each week (I saw a total of 32 different docs!) > no more searching for what's wrong and how to fix it > no more spending endless hours in front of the computer wondering how to deal with this > no more going three days without bathing!...now I'm back to my daily routine...I even take showers now...was too weak

before to stand that long > no more avoiding phone calls from friends because it was too much effort to talk > no longer napping daily > no more having trouble remembering 2 digit numbers. I can now remember phone numbers weeks later! > am now able to do yoga and walk and bike 5 miles a few times a week...a milestone after being bedridden for so long> > Diminished:> > only wake occasionally due to numbness instead of 4 or 5 times a night > blurry vision is very infrequent.. .mostly clear now but still not perfect > still trouble reading sometimes due to nystagmus but far less than what it was and definitely not constant as it was previously > migraines only occur for part of the day > buzzing in ears no longer round the clock > fatigue isn't so debilitating > brain fog...still present but lessened in intensity > constant thoughts about

illness, symptoms, what if??? no longer > monopolizing conversations w/ my illness...I actually ask others how they are doing now!> What I've gained:> > a deepening faith in God and myself > feeling the presence of God within me and with me > the realization that we are all One and no one is exempt from suffering (always thought I was invincible!) > immeasurable strength...never ever thought I'd be able to handle something like this, but I have and I've done it better than I could have every imagined, if I say so myself:) > knowing for sure 100% what my purpose on this Earth is > realizing what is most important to my soul, my life, my family > many wonderful women who have listened to me, supported me, guided me, and befriended me...thank you ALL for being here for me this past year > possibly preventing myself from developing Alzheimer's which runs in my

family...I've learned how to detox so well that I know I can probably avoid it > learning so much about nutrition and detox > realizing that I am loved by friends and family far deeper than I ever knew > realizing that body image is so insignificant and downright silly in the big scheme of things > knowing how to protect my kids from toxins > knowing without a doubt that I am truly blessed no matter what occurs in my life...a hard one to remember> It's all been a tough lesson...toughest in my life but I'm determined to get my health back fully. I came across this song last week and it's my theme song for the next year of healing:> http://search. playlist. com/tracks/ this%2520year% 2520chantal> Happy healing to us all. Love, PH> > > > > > >

> "Feeling down? Saddle up."> > ~Author Unknown> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.>"Feeling down? Saddle up." ~Author Unknown Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. "Feeling down? Saddle up." ~Author Unknown

• 1 year later...

>Congratulations! Saw your pics.....you look GREAT!! I am going in for my

sleeve on Sept. 12th! Can't wait to for my one year pics, hope they look as

good as yours! How has this past year been for you?? Easier or harder than you

thought??

> Hellllllooooo All!

> Well today is my one yr anniv of being sleeved. I can't believe how far I've

come and time sure went by fast. I went in for surgery at 208 and am currently

142, which is goal for me, at 5'9. Ill post a before and aft pic for everyone to

see. Well just wanted to share my good news!

> Have a great week everyone.

> Roxy

> p.s. Dr A and Dr Campos are AMAZING!!! Changed my life. :)

>