RemedySpot.com

Just three that was posted on BEAUTY AND THE BREAST today... Go to Beauty and the Breast to see the others

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From a silent sister:

Subject: Just three that was posted on BEAUTY AND THE BREAST today... Go to www.beautyandthebreast.org to see the others

BEAUTY AND THE BREAST 6: It's 2008! Are you ready to make some noise?

Dearest Friends,It's 2008! Are you ready to make some noise? We are!We kick off the new year as indignant as ever – over the the disappearing natural breast, the marketing of fake boobs to returning soldiers, and Target dissing the independent media (us!) , among other things.But there are some encouraging signs that we are not alone – an extremely fabulous NY Times article identifying breast augmentation as “annuity medicine” (the investment that makes you keep investing, ha), Carson Kressley’s new show, and a 14-year-old boy who can’t understand why women would want breast implants.Meanwhile, we successfully brought many of our concerns and issues straight to the FDA’s Commission on Women’s Health during our recent visit to Washington, DC, part of our ongoing effort to nag the powers-that-be to death until they do

the right thing.In the year to come, please continue to visit Beauty and the Breast, join our conversations, let us know what you’re thinking! Make some noise and help us tell the real story about breast implants.

Our bandwagon is big, with room for everyone concerned about women and women’s health, so bring your friends too!Be happy and healthy,

Sybil and

Watch Out for the Supreme Court’s Ruling on Reigel V. MedtronicPosted by Sybil | January 14, 2008 at 10:42 pm | Comments (0)

Myrl’s terrific post about what we learned about product liability law suits from the breast implant litigation prompts me to sound the alarm for what’s happening today. The Supreme Court is poised to make a decision with far-reaching consequences for consumers and could very

well affect you someday.

This spring, the Court will hand down its decision on Riegel v. Medtronic. Riegel underwent coronary angioplasty in 1996. During the procedure, the balloon ruptured, and advanced cardiac life support and emergency coronary bypass surgery were needed. He and his wife are suing Medtronic, claiming that the device was defective and the

labeling inadequate, but Medtronic is arguing the because the FDA approved the product, it can’t be held responsible or culpable for injuries, even if the product is faulty.

Read the rest of this entry »

Product Liability, Victim Health and “Real” SciencePosted by MJeffcoat | January 14, 2008 at 9:49 am | Comments (3)

For more than a decade now, I have watched women who harmed by silicone breast implants try to sort out the illness and symptoms they experienced post-implantation, try to separate real dragons from the paper ones. What disease and symptomatic

conditions really do come from silicone and breast implants? Since 1995, I have been a conduit of scientific studies and evidential material that fall into my hands, distributing the information among women made ill by implants. More than one doctor or scientist has appeared on the scene heeding the call for help figure it out, but they have mostly been beaten down or back by an army of defendant-supported doctors and scientists. So, who is right and who is wrong?

Looking back (and for many years, I have) has allowed me some clarity. I would like to share a little of it here, for the benefit of those who find themselves corralled in monstrous product-liability class action suits, which are not so different from those breast implant victims have endured for so many years.

In New Report FDA Admits It’s Not Meeting Its Mission ? Well, Duh!Posted by | December 17, 2007 at 5:25 pm | Comments (1)

The Federal Food and Drug Administration has issued a report that outlines terrible inefficiencies at the agency, echoing what other groups have been complaining about for years. Requested by FDA Commissioner von Eschenbach, the report was written by a panel of external advisers that reports to Eschenbach, who concluded that the nation’s health is at risk because the FDA does not have the funding, equipment or scientific capacity to fulfill its mission. It is the first time the agency admits it is failing. You can read about it here in the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Let me join the bandwagon of those who’ve been saying, “I told you so.” In the case of those of us in this blog community, we are still hurting from the FDA allowing silicone breast implants back on the market in November 2006, a decision made against its own scientists’ advice.

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.9/1239 - Release Date: 1/23/2008 10:24 AM