Hi all,

I just recently joined this group. So far it has been

a 6 month journey for me. I live in CT(near the NY

border), and would love to know if anyone can

recommend a doctor.

Thanks,

Guest guest

Susaan-

Welcome to the group- I'm sorry you have to be here- but it's a wonderfully supportive and knowledgable bunch of ladies :)

Dr Palter is in Long Island- he's wonderful- he did my surgery when he was still at Yale- moderate AS and I'm now 33 weeks pg :). Penni also has just had surgery - I believve with someone in NYC- and I know there's another Dr in NYC people have seen- I don't know anyone I'd recommend in CT- in fact the RE I saw in Stamford wanted to do a hysterectomy- I'm gonna march this pg belly in there in in a few weeks and SHOW him :)

Keep the faith- this is THE BEST place to find your answers

"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much"

-Mother

, Mike, Brenna (VSD, PS- open heart surgery 1/29/98--- typical 4 1/2YO- YIPES!), and Jaden Kalyan Ross-born in Cambodia July 15, 2001 home with us forever May 3, 2002, Baby Angel born still 11/7/00, and Riley and Snoozer the dogs

Join us again next year in remembering the millions of people affected by CHD on 2/14/2003: "A Day for Hearts: Congenital Heart Defects Awareness Day!"

Guest guest

Susaan-

Welcome to the group- I'm sorry you have to be here- but it's a wonderfully supportive and knowledgable bunch of ladies :)

Dr Palter is in Long Island- he's wonderful- he did my surgery when he was still at Yale- moderate AS and I'm now 33 weeks pg :). Penni also has just had surgery - I believve with someone in NYC- and I know there's another Dr in NYC people have seen- I don't know anyone I'd recommend in CT- in fact the RE I saw in Stamford wanted to do a hysterectomy- I'm gonna march this pg belly in there in in a few weeks and SHOW him :)

"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much"

-Mother

, Mike, Brenna (VSD, PS- open heart surgery 1/29/98--- typical 4 1/2YO- YIPES!), and Jaden Kalyan Ross-born in Cambodia July 15, 2001 home with us forever May 3, 2002, Baby Angel born still 11/7/00, and Riley and Snoozer the dogs

Join us again next year in remembering the millions of people affected by CHD on 2/14/2003: "A Day for Hearts: Congenital Heart Defects Awareness Day!"

Guest guest

Susaan-

-Mother

Guest guest

- it wasn't Ginsburg- it was Levy (NOONE EVER SEE THIS MAN!!!!) I haven't heard of Ginsberg- but I can't say enough about Dr Palter- who's in LI I believe- he's the Dr who answers on the Prof AS list- he's a terrific person :)- I'll find the contact info if you need it :)

-Mother

Guest guest

- it wasn't Ginsburg- it was Levy (NOONE EVER SEE THIS MAN!!!!) I haven't heard of Ginsberg- but I can't say enough about Dr Palter- who's in LI I believe- he's the Dr who answers on the Prof AS list- he's a terrific person :)- I'll find the contact info if you need it :)

-Mother

Guest guest

-Mother

Guest guest

Congrats. I love hearing success stories. It makes

me feel like there is hope. The RE in Stamford, was

it Ginsburg? I am seeing her in a few weeks. I am

also going to try for a NY or LI doctor for a third

opinion.

Thanks so much, and congrats!

--- brennasmom@... wrote:

> Susaan-

> Welcome to the group- I'm sorry you have to be here-

> but it's a wonderfully

> supportive and knowledgable bunch of ladies :)

>

> Dr Palter is in Long Island- he's wonderful- he did

> my surgery when he was

> still at Yale- moderate AS and I'm now 33 weeks pg

> :). Penni also has just

> had surgery - I believve with someone in NYC- and I

> know there's another Dr

> in NYC people have seen- I don't know anyone I'd

> recommend in CT- in fact the

> RE I saw in Stamford wanted to do a hysterectomy-

> I'm gonna march this pg

> belly in there in in a few weeks and SHOW him :)

>

> Keep the faith- this is THE BEST place to find your

> answers

>

> " I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I

> just wish he didn't

> trust me so much "

> -Mother

> , Mike, Brenna (VSD, PS- open heart surgery

> 1/29/98--- typical 4 1/2YO-

> YIPES!), and Jaden Kalyan Ross-born in Cambodia July

> 15, 2001 home with us

> forever May 3, 2002, Baby Angel born still 11/7/00,

> and Riley and Snoozer the

> dogs

> Join us again next year in remembering the millions

> of people affected by CHD

> on 2/14/2003: " A Day for Hearts: Congenital Heart

> Defects Awareness Day! "

>

Guest guest

opinion.

> Susaan-

> but it's a wonderfully

>

> my surgery when he was

>

> answers

>

> just wish he didn't

> trust me so much "

> -Mother

> 15, 2001 home with us

> dogs

>

Guest guest

opinion.

> Susaan-

> but it's a wonderfully

>

> my surgery when he was

>

> answers

>

> just wish he didn't

> trust me so much "

> -Mother

> 15, 2001 home with us

> dogs

>

Guest guest

susan,

there is a dr steven palter on li that is on the a list. i am not using him b/c i found a dr san roman in mineola, li that i am very happy with. he has alot of experience and i am actually having a surgical hys/lap done thurs 6/13 by him at stony brook univ. hosp. i live on li and was only just recently diagnosed myself. good luck and let me know if you need anything else.

mary lou

Re: Doctors in the NY area.

,Congrats. I love hearing success stories. It makesme feel like there is hope. The RE in Stamford, wasit Ginsburg? I am seeing her in a few weeks. I amalso going to try for a NY or LI doctor for a thirdopinion.Thanks so much, and congrats!--- brennasmom@... wrote:> Susaan-> Welcome to the group- I'm sorry you have to be here-> but it's a wonderfully > supportive and knowledgable bunch of ladies :)> > Dr Palter is in Long Island- he's wonderful- he did> my surgery when he was > still at Yale- moderate AS and I'm now 33 weeks pg> :). Penni also has just > had surgery - I believve with someone in NYC- and I> know there's another Dr > in NYC people have seen- I don't know anyone I'd> recommend in CT- in fact the > RE I saw in Stamford wanted to do a hysterectomy-> I'm gonna march this pg > belly in there in in a few weeks and SHOW him :)> > Keep the faith- this is THE BEST place to find your> answers> > "I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I> just wish he didn't > trust me so much"> -Mother > , Mike, Brenna (VSD, PS- open heart surgery> 1/29/98--- typical 4 1/2YO- > YIPES!), and Jaden Kalyan Ross-born in Cambodia July> 15, 2001 home with us > forever May 3, 2002, Baby Angel born still 11/7/00,> and Riley and Snoozer the > dogs> Join us again next year in remembering the millions> of people affected by CHD > on 2/14/2003: "A Day for Hearts: Congenital Heart> Defects Awareness Day!"> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

susan,

there is a dr steven palter on li that is on the a list. i am not using him b/c i found a dr san roman in mineola, li that i am very happy with. he has alot of experience and i am actually having a surgical hys/lap done thurs 6/13 by him at stony brook univ. hosp. i live on li and was only just recently diagnosed myself. good luck and let me know if you need anything else.

mary lou

,Congrats. I love hearing success stories. It makesme feel like there is hope. The RE in Stamford, wasit Ginsburg? I am seeing her in a few weeks. I amalso going to try for a NY or LI doctor for a thirdopinion.Thanks so much, and congrats!--- brennasmom@... wrote:> Susaan-> Welcome to the group- I'm sorry you have to be here-> but it's a wonderfully > supportive and knowledgable bunch of ladies :)> > Dr Palter is in Long Island- he's wonderful- he did> my surgery when he was > still at Yale- moderate AS and I'm now 33 weeks pg> :). Penni also has just > had surgery - I believve with someone in NYC- and I> know there's another Dr > in NYC people have seen- I don't know anyone I'd> recommend in CT- in fact the > RE I saw in Stamford wanted to do a hysterectomy-> I'm gonna march this pg > belly in there in in a few weeks and SHOW him :)> > Keep the faith- this is THE BEST place to find your> answers> > "I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I> just wish he didn't > trust me so much"> -Mother > , Mike, Brenna (VSD, PS- open heart surgery> 1/29/98--- typical 4 1/2YO- > YIPES!), and Jaden Kalyan Ross-born in Cambodia July> 15, 2001 home with us > forever May 3, 2002, Baby Angel born still 11/7/00,> and Riley and Snoozer the > dogs> Join us again next year in remembering the millions> of people affected by CHD > on 2/14/2003: "A Day for Hearts: Congenital Heart> Defects Awareness Day!"> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

susan,

mary lou

Guest guest

lou,

I am looking for a RE in the NY area. dr. Saketos & Dr. San

Roman are covered by my INS. Would you give me your

thoughts on either of these doctors???Please

Thanks, Carmen in New Paltz

> > Susaan-

> > Welcome to the group- I'm sorry you have to be here-

> > but it's a wonderfully

> > supportive and knowledgable bunch of ladies :)

> >

> > Dr Palter is in Long Island- he's wonderful- he did

> > my surgery when he was

> > still at Yale- moderate AS and I'm now 33 weeks pg

> > :). Penni also has just

> > had surgery - I believve with someone in NYC- and I

> > know there's another Dr

> > in NYC people have seen- I don't know anyone I'd

> > recommend in CT- in fact the

> > RE I saw in Stamford wanted to do a hysterectomy-

> > I'm gonna march this pg

> > belly in there in in a few weeks and SHOW him :)

> >

> > Keep the faith- this is THE BEST place to find your

> > answers

> >

> > " I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I

> > just wish he didn't

> > trust me so much "

> > -Mother

> > , Mike, Brenna (VSD, PS- open heart surgery

> > 1/29/98--- typical 4 1/2YO-

> > YIPES!), and Jaden Kalyan Ross-born in Cambodia July

> > 15, 2001 home with us

> > forever May 3, 2002, Baby Angel born still 11/7/00,

> > and Riley and Snoozer the

> > dogs

> > Join us again next year in remembering the millions

> > of people affected by CHD

> > on 2/14/2003: " A Day for Hearts: Congenital Heart

> > Defects Awareness Day! "

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

lou,

> > Susaan-

> >

> >

> > answers

> >

> > just wish he didn't

> > trust me so much "

> > -Mother

> > dogs

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

lou,

> > Susaan-

> >

> >

> > answers

> >

> > just wish he didn't

> > trust me so much "

> > -Mother

> > dogs

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I have not officially met Dr Palter in person, but if he is anything

like he is on the phone or through emails, he is very kind,

intelligent, and personable.

I am told his office is only about 20-30 minutes away from the major

NY airports. I have been working with Dr Palter for many weeks now,

via phone & emails and he is extremely understanding and knowledgeble

about AS.

I don't have a definite date for my surgery yet, but it is

temporarily scheduled for Aug. 7, 2002. I know that seems very far

off, but since he wanted me to either stay in NY for a week or return

after 10-14 days, my DH and I decided it would be easier to just

stay. Getting my parents or in-laws to keep my 3 year old for a week

with their crazy schedules, work, etc, has been challenging. If

something else comes up before then, we will look into it.

I would look into contacting Dr Palter if you need to see an A-list

doctor. He is working on the professional ashermans group and

continues to try to answer all my questions as well as everyone

elses. Good luck to you!!

W