Hello Everyone ~

I saw the oncologist today. He wants me to have a mammogram

to rule out breast cancer, as I havent had one in 10 years. He

didnt feel any lumps, but I guess with the breast exam he gave me

he wouldnt have felt any unless they were huge. He barely

touched me. These big things must have scared him. They

are odd looking as they just grew this last 2 years from skin stretched

over implants and the ripples showing thru to these humongus

boobs that go to my belly button, ok, 1 inch shy of it.

Anyway, he said that the lung nodules I have are small, and even the two

larger ones are too small to biopsy, they are between 1/4 inch and 1/2

inch big. He felt like the fact I was scoped 16 months ago, and there

was no irritation or cancer looking areas at the GE junction is a good thing, even tho biopsy at the time showed gastritis inside my stomach. But he is gonna call the gastro man and see if he thinks I need to be scoped again and get his imput. He is gonna contact Dr Montero about my breasts and my concern of the implants busting with a mammogram. He feels it would be safe, but understands my concern of rupture and spillage because of my previous blowout of silicone in 1994. I cannot have a mri because of my heart device.

He seemed like a doc that thinks implants are safe. I didnt go into that tho, I am just going by his reaction to my fears on the mammogram and what he was saying about the safety of mammograms with implants. Obviously, he is not correctly educated in this area.

He also said other things could cause nodules in my lungs including lupus, but he wanted to rule out breast cancer because it could cause lung nodules like I have.

So........anyway, he had me schedule another appt with him in 6 months to have another CT and see him to check on the lung nodules. He will let the gastro man handle the stomach issue, and if the mammo shows cancer, he will deal with it then. He didnt feel I had any immediate worry.

So, I didnt really learn anything, please let me know your thoughts and

opinions, as I am not sure how I feel about any of this. I just have a few thoughts myself, 16 months since scope, could a problem arise in that amount of time ? ? and lung nodules, is 6 months too long to wait to re-check them if they werent here a year ago?

I will let God handle this for now........

Have a great weekend !

Love Dede

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.