RemedySpot.com

Interesting conversation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Ladies,

Had a conversation with Patty via email and she encouraged me to post about it here. I was worried about scaring some of the ladies who are in the early stages of recovery from implants, but Patty suggested that talking about it here might be a good way to keep the dialogue going about BIO-IDENTICAL HORMONES, which I, and some of you all, may need.

I have been having a bit of a downturn with my health. I seemed to have been improving slowly and steadily for about two years after explant (I am two and a half years post-explant now). At some point I seemed to have reached a plateau, and now recently some of my old symptoms have crept back-- brain fog, short-term memory problems, vertigo, muscle weakness and fatigue. One thing I notice is a marked change for the worse around a week before my period begins and during the days am bleeding.

Interesting that Patty just mentioned bio-identical hormones, because my doc, who is a practical, open-minded fellow, suggested I try them. He thinks perimenopause might be stirring up my symptoms. My cycles are getting shorter-- they're now 26 days. I am 45. He also suggested taking YAZ, the birth control pill, as a last resort-- it does contain some estrogen. He said many women with difficult PMS during perimeno find it helpful.

I've been looking for solid research on bio-identical hormones and haven't found a whole lot out there. Most of what has been published in the med journals is on synthetic hormones. One thing I have found is a direct connection with adrenal insufficiency and low testosterone (both which I have, according to the saliva hormone panel I did), and supplementing with DHEA seems to help. Interesting.

I am on the path now to find out more, will report back with any helpful info.

Yours,

Bindi