RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: consult with Dr. Melmed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi ,

I have heard great things about Dr. Melmed too. I flew from Utah to Denver, Colorado this past Feb. (2008) and had Dr. Huang do my explant. She was wonderful and did a fantastic job with my explant. I have no regrets. She told me that the capsules do NOT dissolve in the body (alot of doctors will tell you they will dissolve in the body) and she told me she removed all the scar capsule. I continue to improve all the time. Alot of my symptoms were gone when I woke up in recovery. My experience with Dr. Huang was very pleasant. I would do it the same way all over again.

Good luck with your decision.

Hugs~

a

Re: consult with Dr. Melmed

Hi - I went with Dr.Huang, but mostly because I am in Denver! I've heard wonderful things about Dr.Melmed as well.From personal experience, if you decide to go with Dr.Huang, it will be a good experience. She did a great job and I am happy with my results. I've never heard anyone have a bad experience with her.Oh, and there is no doubt in my mind that your symptoms are from your implants. I didn't have any problems until year 3...then the symptoms kicked in. I am 6 months post-op and am FINALLY feeling better.Good luck!~Krista>> I have had my saline implants for five years. They did not cause me any problems until about > one year ago. The real visible problems began

with capsular contracture of both implants > and then a skin rash with intense itching, specifically all over my both my breast. At first I > thought I might have become sensitive to either the detergent and/or soap. I went through a > whole series of changing out the soaps and detergents in the house. But the itching has not > only not stopped, it has spread all over my body, with the intensity still focused around by > breast. I started thinking about my other symptoms such as poor memory, hair loss and > chronic fatigue and I know that my saline implants has something to do with all of these > things. I have researched this area for a couple of months and felt so strongly about > removing the implants that I flew out to Denver from California this past week to meet with > Dr. Huang. I am also scheduled to fly out to Dallas to consult with Dr. Melmed

this Friday. I > am tentatively scheduled to have the explantation surgery with either Dr. on July 8th. Do any > of you have any recommendation on either Dr.? It is now countdown time for me but it is > becoming increasingly difficult as the itching around my breast has not let up.>

Guest guest

Dear Kumar,

I had my explant with Dr. Huang on Feb. 26, 2008 too!! We had our explants the same day! I was at Presbyterian St. Lukes Hospital at 6:00 a.m. I'm from Utah and flew to Colorado for the surgery. How are you doing? I was in very bad shape for that surgery. I was going downhill very fast. When I woke up in recovery, many of my symptoms (MS and Lupus symptoms) were gone. I continue to improve all the time. My main frustration now is the fatigue. How are you doing? Were you ill from implants?

a

Re: consult with Dr. Melmed

Re: consult with Dr. MelmedHi , I've heard great things about Dr. Melmed but  Ipersonally went to Dr. Huang for my explant on Feb. 26,2008.   Shedid such a wonderful job. ...