RemedySpot.com

Kids and cell phones or cordless, and the dangers ! !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is good news, that finally, this information is emerging in the U. S. We are lagging far behind the rest of the world. I have been working on this issue for the past 10 years…during which I had the distinction of being called a Luddite by a member of the Board of Supervisors when I was urging caution when Sprint was being granted the first 35 cell towers in Marin. Unfortunately, some of the detractors are already trying to debunk Dr. Khurana’s findings.

Just last week there were two major events in San Francisco that dealt with the health and environmental effects of electromagnetic fields and radio frequency radiation. One was a presentation at the Commonwealth Club on March 19th that discussed these issues. The second was a private invitation only breakfast meeting on March 21st to which all Bay Area federal and state legislators, city officials, epidemiologists, geneticists, some Silicon Valley companies, engineers, and others were invited to provide an opportunity for those attending to have a conversation with two leading international scientists and a public health physician prominent in the field of electromagnetic radiation, radio frequencies, and broadband to discuss potential health protections. This event was sponsored by the Council on Wireless Technology Impacts that I am secretary/treasurer for.

If broadband is approved, residents will be denied the option of avoiding these dangers. Paris has turned off the WiFi in its public libraries; Germany has issued a resolution that children should not be exposed or use cell phones. The United States is behind the times. The media in this country hardly acknowledges this issue.

Fiber optics, though it would take a little longer to develop, and possibly cost more initially, is deemed to be much safer. There are many scientists who feel that widespread, uncontrolled use of this type of technology will be a bigger health hazard than cigarettes, asbestos, pesticides, chemicals and lead combined.

The following web sites provide more information. The Bioinitative Report was published August 31, 2007 and has had remarkable reception in countries around the world but little attention in the United States. â€This report has been written by 14 (fourteen) scientists, public health and public policy experts to document the scientific evidence on electromagnetic fields. Another dozen outside reviewers have looked at and refined the Report. The purpose of this report is to assess scientific evidence on health impacts from electromagnetic radiation below current public exposure limits and evaluate what changes in these limits are warranted now to reduce possible public health risks in the future.

Not everything is known yet about this subject; but what is clear is that the existing public safety standards limiting these radiation levels in nearly every country of the world look to be thousands of times too lenient. Changes are needed. New approaches are needed to educate decision-makers and the public about sources of exposure and to find alternatives that do not pose the same level of possible health risks, while there is still time to make changes.†The link to the report is http://www.bioinitiative.org/report/index.htm. This report addresses a number of bio-effects: gene and protein expression, genotoxic effects, DNA damage, stress response, immune function, effects on neurology and behavior, brain tumors and acoustic neuromas, childhood leukemia, melatonin production, Alzheimer’s disease, and cancers.

The next link is to the Benevento Resolution prepared by world-wide independent scientists in 2006. http://www.icems.eu/docs/BeneventoResolution.pdf.

The Council on Wireless Technology Impacts, the organization I am with, is www.energyfields.org.

We have produced a DVD that can be purchased or viewed on our web site:

Public Exposure: DNA, Democracy, and the Wireless Revolution and Electromagnetic Radiation: A Scientific OverviewPart One (30 minutes) Part Two (30 minutes)

Electromagnetic Radiation: A Scientific Overview by the late Dr. Theodore Litovitz, physicist, Catholic University of America(24 minutes)

I am sending this because I do love your brain and know you also are quite attached to your brain.This group, headed by one of the world's leading neurosurgeons, is saying that the health risks of using cordless and cell phones may be greater than the health risks of tobacco and asbestos. UCSF's Stan Glantz is on this committee, so if he authorizes a report that says risk is at least equal to cigarettes, there must be something to it. Clearly says that the potentially most damaging is when children and adolescents use them.Main website has 69 page document here:http://www.brain-surgery.us/mobilephone.htmlLink below has 610 page full report with all the gory details.http://www.bioinitiative.org/report/index.htmDo NOT use cordless or cell phone unless you absolutely must. Especially your kids. Easier said than done, I know, but precautionary principle should rule here. Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.