Guest guest

Krista ~

What are the numbers of your test

results they are saying are normal?

They may not be normal for you ! !

Get your labs and post them so we

can check them out for you.

Lots of experts here on that subject !

Hugs Dede**************Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com! (http://www.tourtracker.com?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)

Guest guest

Hi Bindi,

Thanks for getting back to me with this very valuable information.

I'm thrilled for you that you are feeling so well. I've really felt an improvement in my health this past week. I hope it lasts! I sure do hope our friends on this site will all feel better soon too.

Hugs~

a

Re: Feelin' fine

a,I'm working with a health practioner who calls herself a "health integrationist. " I know that sounds like a flaky name but she's really very experienced with chronic illnesses. She hosts a health program on a progressive radio station in our area and works with her husband, a doctor. She can work with people through phone consultation if necessary. Her name is Layna Berman. He web site is here:http://www.yourownh ealthandfitness. org/Layna asked me to do a complete hormone panel through ZRT labs, then she consulted with me twice before suggesting the natural hormones I use. I FEEL GREAT.Love, Bindi

Guest guest

Krista ~

Thyrotropin, TSH (Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone)

Test Overview

A thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) blood test is used to check for thyroid gland problems. TSH is produced when the hypothalamus releases a substance called thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH). TRH then triggers the pituitary gland to release TSH. See illustrations of the thyroid gland and the pituitary gland.

TSH causes the thyroid gland to make two hormones: triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4). T3 and T4 help control your body's metabolism.

Triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) are needed for normal growth of the brain, especially during the first 3 years of life. A baby whose thyroid gland does not make enough thyroid hormone (congenital hypothyroidism) may, in severe cases, be mentally retarded. Older children also need thyroid hormones to grow and develop normally.

This test may be done at the same time as tests to measure T3 and T4.

Why It Is Done

A test for thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) is done to:

Find out whether the thyroid gland is working properly.

An underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) can cause symptoms such as weight gain, tiredness, dry skin, constipation, a feeling of being too cold, or frequent menstrual periods.

An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can cause symptoms such as weight loss, rapid heart rate, nervousness, diarrhea, a feeling of being too hot, or irregular menstrual periods.

Find the cause of an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism). TSH levels can help determine whether hypothyroidism is due to a damaged thyroid gland or some other cause (such as a problem with the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus).

Keep track of treatment with thyroid replacement medicine for people who have hypothyroidism.

Keep track of thyroid gland function in people who are being treated for hyperthyroidism. This treatment may include antithyroid medicine, surgery, or radiation therapy.

Double-check the diagnosis of an underactive thyroid gland in a newborn (congenital hypothyroidism).

Results

A thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) blood test is used to check for thyroid gland problems. The normal ranges for the results of this test may vary from laboratory to laboratory. Results are usually available within 2 to 3 days.Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)Adults:0.4–4.5mIU/L or 0.4–4.5 mU/L (SI units)

Babies:3–18 mIU/L or 3–18 mU/L (SI units)

High valuesHigh TSH levels may be caused by:

An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism). Hashimoto's thyroiditis is the most common cause of primary hypothyroidism.

A pituitary gland tumor that is making too much TSH. This is uncommon.

Not taking enough thyroid hormone medicine for treatment of an underactive thyroid gland.Low valuesLow TSH levels may be caused by:

An overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism). Causes of hyperthyroidism include Graves' disease, a type of goiter (toxic multinodular goiter), or a noncancerous (benign) tumor called a toxic nodule.

Damage to the pituitary gland that prevents it from making TSH (secondary hypothyroidism).

Taking too much thyroid medicine for treatment of an underactive thyroid gland.

What Affects the Test

Reasons you may not be able to have the test or why the results may not be helpful include:

Taking medicine, such as corticosteroids, levodopa, heparin, dopamine, lithium (such as Carbolith, Duralith, or Lithane), methimazole (Tapazole), and propylthiouracil.

Having had a recent X-ray with iodine dye or test using radioactive materials.

Having severe stress or a long-term (chronic) illness.

Pregnancy during the first trimester.

What To Think About

The thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) test is the best screening test for conditions that can affect the thyroid gland.

The results of a TSH test should be considered along with the results of thyroid hormone tests, especially thyroxine (T4) results. For more information about T3 and T4 testing, see the medical test Thyroid Hormone Tests.

Another test that measures TSH levels in the blood is called the thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) challenge test. TSH blood levels are measured before and after an injection of TRH. Normally the injection causes the pituitary gland to release TSH. TSH levels that do not rise after the injection can indicate the presence of conditions such as a damaged pituitary gland (secondary hypothyroidism), Graves' disease, or any condition that causes an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism).

The upper value of the normal TSH range for adults is 4.5 mIU/L or 4.5 mU/L (SI units).

Have you done the other tests the T3 N T4 ?

and the thyroid antibody tests?

What about the cortisol testing thru canary?

where they test you 4 times during the day ?

and your saliva thyroid and female hormones?

It is about 150 bucks and well worth the info.

I will keep thinking and looking up stuff......

Loveya ! Dede

**************Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com! (http://www.tourtracker.com?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)

Guest guest

Krista . . Check with Patty . . . but I think the closer you are to 1.0, the better you will feel. . . .Rogene Re: Feelin' fine

Sorry, that last post stuck all the numbers together, here they are again:

7/14/05 0.719

3/17/07 0.934

4/13/07 0.644

8/31/07 1.058

3/26/08 1.687

7/8/08 1.002

>

>

> My doctor says that the standard range is .320 to 5.500, so I am

> definitely on the lower end. Hyper-thyroid, I believe.

> I'm still feeling extremely fatigued, low-energy, and brain foggy.

>

> Boo hoo!

> ~Krista

>

>

>

> >

> > Krista ~

> >

> > What are the numbers of your test

> > results they are saying are normal?

> > They may not be normal for you ! !

> > Get your labs and post them so we

> > can check them out for you.

> > Lots of experts here on that subject !

> >

> > Hugs Dede

> >

> >

> > ************ **

> > Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the

> > live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker. com!

> >

> > (http://www.tourtrac ker.com?NCID= aolmus0005000000 0112)

> >

>

Guest guest

Krista . . . Were you with us when we were discussing adrenal function? . . . You might want to get that checked. I think Patty has a lot of adrenal info in the archives.Rogene

Guest guest

Krista ~

Honey, it takes a couple years to get the adrenals

back where they need to be.......sorry for the bad

news, but the good news is, you have a year behind

you now ! ! Yay ! ! Yay ! ! Yay ! !

I am sorry you feel so fatigued.........

Hugs N Love

Dede

**************Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com! (http://www.tourtracker.com?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)

Guest guest

I became chemically sensitive shortly after getting implants . .. I didn't connect it to my implants until a couple years after my implants were gone when I realized I could go almost anywhere.Still, a heavy exposure could get me. . . Recently I stripped and stained some deck furniture. I was amazed to find that I didn't react at all to any of the chemicals I was using. . . I'm convinced that between FAR infared sauna and ionic foot baths, I've dumped enough toxins to do well now. . . When I had so much trouble, the smells were magnified greatly . . . Now they aren't overwhelming at all.Check this week's TIME magazine . . . with Mandela on the cover. . . They have an article on plastics -

includes some of those found in breast implants! It may not be just genetics . . . It may be second/third/fourth generation exposure to chemicals that get passed along to future generations . . . Sickening when one considers all the chemicals being dumped in the environment today.Love,Rogene

Guest guest

Traci . . . Have you ever tried a FAR infrared sauna? . . . The effect is very different than steam or dry sauna's . . . My lungs feel clearer after ever use. I feel suffocated in the other saunas.I wonder if the sauna's you've tried were contaminated with mold, or other people's toxins?When I went to the community one, I was turned off by the fact that people sat on the wood benches without so much as a towel under themselves. . . Yucky!Rogene