RemedySpot.com

Lifetime TV - Petition to STOP Outpatient Mastectomy -Only takes a Couple of Seconds URGENT Please Forward!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

----- Original Message ----From: "jussta@..." <jussta@...>Glacier

Hi, I jussta signed this petition, it is valid and very important. I also left my comments - wish I had copied and pasted them here, anyway, it was that I was sent home the same night as my bilateral mastectomy, over the weekend my drains were clogged with blood clots. I called the paramedics but they are not allowed to touch any surgical site, and I refused to go to the nearest hospital where I had not had my bilateral mastectomy. So after they left, I got some toothpicks and used the toothpicks to clear the drains. I thought my surgeon would faint when I told him (afraid of infection). Then he ripped out the tubing that had grown in under the skin of my chest wall as he held his knee against my rib cage! I almost fainted. Then I told him, "You hurt me again and I will rip your balls off!" He replied, "That's not how it is supposed to work!" I gave him my longest stare into his eyes and said, "That's how it works with me!" He ran out of the room and returned with a nurse and a very large syringe filled with Lidocaine! No woman, after such a physical and emotional trauma should be operated on as an outpatient! So please, please sign and send this on to everyone you know!

(http://www.lifetimetv.com/breastcancer/petition/signpetition.php )From a nurse:I'll never forget the look in my patients' eyes when I had to tell them they had to go home with the drains, new exercises and no breast. I remember begging the Doctors to keep these women in the hospital longer, only to hear that they would, but their hands were tied by the insurance companies. So there I sat with my patients, giving them the instructions they needed to take care of themselves, knowing full well they didn't grasp half of what I was saying, because the glazed, hopeless, frightened look spoke louder than the quiet 'Thank You' they muttered. A mastectomy is when a woman's breast is removed in order to remove cancerous breast cells/tissue. If you know anyone who has had a Mastectomy, you may know that there is a lot of discomfort and pain afterwards. Insurance companies are trying to make mastectomies an outpatient procedure. L et's give women the chance to recover properly in the hospital for 2 days after surgery. It takes 2 seconds to do this and is very important. Please take the time and do it! Please send this to everyone in your address book. If there was ever a time when our voices and choices should be heard, this is one of those times.If you're receiving this, it's because I think you will take the 30 seconds to vote on this issue and send it on to others you know who will do the same. There's a bill called the Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act which will require insurance companies to cover a minimum 48-hour hospital stay for pa t ients undergoing a mastectomy. It's about eliminating the 'drive-through' Mastectomy where women are forced to go home just a few hours after surgery, against the wishes of their doctor, still groggy from anesthesia and sometimes with drainage tubes still attached. Lifetime Television has put this bill on their Web page with a petition drive to show support. Last year over half the House signed on. PLEASE!! Sign the petition by clicking on the web site below. You need not give more than your name, state, and zip code. (http://www.lifetimetv.com/breastcancer/petition/signpetition.php )This takes about 2 seconds. PLEASE PASS THIS ON to your friends andfamily, and on behalf of all women, THANKS

"Your life is determined not so much by what life brings you as by the attitude you bring to life. Not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens." ~ -- Kahlil Gibran Jussta ThoughtLove, Light, & Blessings - All Ways, Jusstawww.jussta.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3270 (20080715) __________The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.http://www.eset.com