RemedySpot.com

Re: Patty - Enzyme Therapy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Sandy,

Sorry about the bloating. I know that's miserable! I don't know much about the pancreas, but here's what my book Healing Multiple Sclerosis says about Enzyme Therapy:

Enzyme therapy is useful in accelerating the body's healing. Taking doses of plant or pancreatic enzymes on an empty stomach has a different effect than taking them with food. Taking enzymes w/ food helps to digest what you've eaten, while talking enzymes on an empty stomach has several functions:

decreasing inflammation

decomposes toxins

improves circulation

purifies the blood

helps to speed tissue repair

stimulates immunity

removes scar tissue and plaque

strengthens and restores your body's general resistance

Enzyme therapy is useful during an exacerbation period because it can eliminate the need for steroids. Your body recognizes fungus, bacteria, and viruses as enemies (antigens) and produces antibodies (proteins produced by the immune system), which couple w/ the antigen to form a circulating immune complex. These complexes circulate in the bloodstream and/or fix themselves to tissues in the body. Those w/ chronic illness have higher levels of circulating immune complexes. Enzyme therapy destroys these complexes.

I recommend Vitalzym X (World Nutrition). The dosage depends on the individual but I would recommend doing the maximum dose on the bottle (2 capsules 3 times per day w/o food for one to three months). During an exacerbation I would take 5 capsules 3 times per day. The improvements that you're looking for are:

more energy

decreased spasticity and inflammation

increased range of motion and mobility

overall lightness of the body

NOTE: Because enzymes liquefy the blood and slow coagulation, enzyme therapy is not recommended for pregnant women or anyone w/ ulcers, gastritis, hemophilia or anyone on blood thinning meds.

Sandy, I take Wobenzym (what Patty takes) on an empty stomach. With food though, I take Enzymedica Digest Gold. Hope this helps. Love, PH

>> Sandy, have you tried any enzymes? > Have you had any testing for your pancreas?> > My physician would be thinking in the back of her mind> Oh no, here we go again another test thats going to> come up negative> > No I haven't, is this disease curable?> What are all the symptoms> > Pancreatic - Where is this located> My Stomach ?> > I am blown up just like Traci> > I had bowel syndrome really bad for two years > > I did not realize that until I found this group and > thats when reality kicked me in the > > Being backed up with bowel syndrome for two years> > hope that didn't damage me.> > Sandy, have you tried any enzymes? > Enzymes ???> > Patty I'm so clueless ~ > > > > > > > Sandy,> I've recently talked to a woman who has the same bloating and she > found her problem was related to pancreatic disease after implants, > compounded by the addition of a digestive system imbalance (i.e., not > enough probiotics, and alot of bad biotics.)> > I believe that pancreatic enzymes are a good idea, along with other > enzymes, as well as a good probiotic regimen that will help fight > those bad guys.> > Sandy, have you tried any enzymes? Have you had any testing for your > pancreas?> Patty>

Guest guest

PH,Thanks for posting the info on the enzymes...which I think are very important!I have taken Wobenzyme, which has scientific support for its use. It's a very good product. However, I've noticed an ingredient in them now which I hate....TALC. I have a bottle that does not have talc in it. I am not sure when they added it in. I ALWAYS read my labels on products before I buy them, so I stopped buying Wobenzyme when I noticed the talc listed in the ingredients.

I've seen Wobenzyme N for sale with and without the talc listed, so I'm cautious about it. I should buy some more. I noticed that The Vitamin Shoppe has a good price, but they list talc:

Other Ingredients:

Calcium phosphate, corn polysaccharides, microcrystalline cellulose, crospovidone, macrogol 6000, vegetable stearate, silica, pH resistant enteric coating, talc, triethyl citrate, vanillin, purified water.

Goddess Within does not:

Other ingredients: silica, magnesium stearate, corn polysaccharides, microcrystalline cellulose, pH resistant enteric coating.

So, if you buy this product, be watchful on your ingredient list.

I've used Omegazyme, but it is NOT the same thing. It does not have the pancreatic enzymes that Wobenzyme does.

Sandy, if you have not used any enzymes at all yet, get on some girl and keep in mind that you cannot overdose on these things! I've even heard of one naturopathic doctor who made one of his patients take an entire bottle of Wobenyzme before she left his office. (Probably a small bottle! I always buy the 800 tablet one.)

PH, that article was great, and pointed out the necessity to take these enzymes on an empty stomach. Those benefits are exactly what we want.

Patty

> >> > Sandy, have you tried any enzymes?> > Have you had any testing for your pancreas?> >> > My physician would be thinking in the back of her mind> > Oh no, here we go again another test thats going to> > come up negative> >> > No I haven't, is this disease curable?> > What are all the symptoms> >> > Pancreatic - Where is this located> > My Stomach ?> >> > I am blown up just like Traci> >> > I had bowel syndrome really bad for two years> >> > I did not realize that until I found this group and> > thats when reality kicked me in the> >> > Being backed up with bowel syndrome for two years> >> > hope that didn't damage me.> >> > Sandy, have you tried any enzymes?> > Enzymes ???> >> > Patty I'm so clueless ~> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Sandy,> > I've recently talked to a woman who has the same bloating and she> > found her problem was related to pancreatic disease after implants,> > compounded by the addition of a digestive system imbalance (i.e., not> > enough probiotics, and alot of bad biotics.)> >> > I believe that pancreatic enzymes are a good idea, along with other> > enzymes, as well as a good probiotic regimen that will help fight> > those bad guys.> >> > Sandy, have you tried any enzymes? Have you had any testing for your> > pancreas?> > Patty> >>